Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Halo 2 Expansion Pack?
Posted 2005-03-28, 12:10 PM
Here is an article about a sort of expansion pack for Halo 2. For those of us who prefer not to pay those outrageous fees of 50 bucks a year, Bungie has decided to release this with a whopping 9 new maps. A few are remakes of the old Halo levels, but with new age technology, while a few are entirely brand new. Although Hang 'Em High isn't in the forecast, it only has a few screenshots, which means there is still hope.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2005-03-28, 01:27 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "Halo 2 Expansion Pack?"
bungie has said that they will not remake hang'em high due to the fact that with the new weapons and the way things work... it wouldn't be nearly the same level as it was before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-03-28, 03:47 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "bungie has said that they will not..."
Awwwww no more hang 'em high! I was god at that level
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2005-03-28, 03:48 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "Awwwww no more hang 'em high! I was..."
That would be awesome if they did make an expansion
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KX125 RIDER 02 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKX125 RIDER 02 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

KX125 RIDER 02

Posted 2005-03-28, 05:21 PM in reply to KX125 RIDER 02's post starting "That would be awesome if they did make..."
anybody was god at that level... the pistol could hit all the way across the map and it was a 3-4 hit kill... however since in halo 2 no weapon other than the sniper has that capability... the map wouldnt seem the same at all... the battle rifle would be the closest comparison but it doesnt have near the pop that the pistol did on HALO CE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-03-28, 07:07 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "anybody was god at that level... the..."
Yeah, this looks like it is going to be pretty good. $50 a year is not bad at all, and is totally worth it to play on Live. Also I didn't read the article, but I know only 2 maps will be available for free download initially, and slowly but surely all the rest will eventually be free for download. If you don't want to wait though, you could pay the $19.99 for all 9 right away. I think..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-03-29, 07:30 AM in reply to Draco2003's post "Halo 2 Expansion Pack?"
I know I haven't posted in a long time, but that doesn't matter does it?

Couldn't Bungie make a mod that would allow you to use Halo one weapon sets on certain levels? It mut be possible. It would be for multiplayer mode only so it shouldn't be over difficult. If they can create such a massive game, the task of modding it so Halo 1 weapons can be used on levels like Hangem High should be easy.

You think they would be able to do that wouldn't you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-03-29, 07:35 AM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "I know I haven't posted in a long time,..."
Original Sin said:
I know I haven't posted in a long time, but that doesn't matter does it?
Couldn't Bungie make a mod that would allow you to use Halo one weapon sets on certain levels?
You think they would be able to do that wouldn't you?
It certainly does matter! What do you think your doing? j/k
There a setting to allow you to use H1 weapon sets its called Classic Weapons.
And ya I'm sure they could do that. But H1 sucks neways, and so did the handgun. So they won't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-03-29, 07:43 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "It certainly does matter! What do you..."
Hang yourself now please, H1 is far superior to H2....heh is he talking about the games or the vehicles huh huh? The games of course.

H1, the gameplay was original, the plot was fresh, the weapons were awsome, the whole game was brilliant, H2 didn't deliver anything new except for one good weapon and all the others were downplayed. The story just wasn't the same, really H2 is one of those sequels nobody liked.

H1 is much better than H2. I am not gonna be pleased about H3 when it comes out unless Bungie do a lot of reworking. Thank god it's the end of the trilogy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-03-29, 10:07 AM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Hang yourself now please, H1 is far..."
You don't know that. No one knows about that except for people working at Bungie. They could very easily churn out 10 more Halo games. I remember a documentary on the Making of Halo 2, where they said they have over 100 years of Halo fiction already written out. I doubt they're gonna do just one more game and throw the remaining 90 years of storyline out.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-03-29, 12:14 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "You don't know that. No one knows about..."
JRwakebord said:
You don't know that. No one knows about that except for people working at Bungie. They could very easily churn out 10 more Halo games. I remember a documentary on the Making of Halo 2, where they said they have over 100 years of Halo fiction already written out. I doubt they're gonna do just one more game and throw the remaining 90 years of storyline out.
Might be talking about the back story for the books... have you read em all? there pretty good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-03-29, 12:56 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Hang yourself now please, H1 is far..."
Original Sin said:
Hang yourself now please, H1 is far superior to H2....heh is he talking about the games or the vehicles huh huh? The games of course.

H1, the gameplay was original, the plot was fresh, the weapons were awsome, the whole game was brilliant, H2 didn't deliver anything new except for one good weapon and all the others were downplayed. The story just wasn't the same, really H2 is one of those sequels nobody liked.

H1 is much better than H2. I am not gonna be pleased about H3 when it comes out unless Bungie do a lot of reworking. Thank god it's the end of the trilogy.
I'm talking about the game too. Of course halo1 was original and the plot was fresh idiot. It was the first one. That's like saying Diablo2 sucks cause it's basically the same as diablo 1. You must suck at H2 alot, if you think all the weapons were downplayed. Just cause the handgun can't kill people in one hit (how realistic is that?) doesn't mean that the battle rifle, sniper rifle, plasma gun, hand gun, shotty, all don't own. As far as no one liking H2 well I guess your right:
# Best Console Game of E3 2004, Game Revolution, May 2004
# Best Console Game Game, E3 2004 Game Critics Awards, May 2004
# Best Action Game, E3 2004 Game Critics Awards, May 2004
# Best Online Multiplayer Game, E3 2004 Game Critics Awards, May 2004
# Best Visuals of E3 2004, 1UP, May 2004
# Best Xbox Game of E3 2004, 1UP, May 2004
# Best Shooter of E3 2004, 1UP, May 2004
# Best Game of E3 2004 Nominee, 1UP, May 2004
# Best Console Title of E3 2004, Action Trip, May 2004
# E3 2004 Best of Show, Game Informer Magazine, May 2004
# Best Shooter of E3 2004 Runner-up, Game Spot, May 2004
# Best Xbox Game of E3 2004 Finalist, Game Spot, May 2004
# Best Xbox Game of E3 2004 Runner-up, Gamers.com, May 2004
# E3 2004 EditorÂ’s Choice, GameSpy, May 2004
# Best Games of E3 2004, GameSpy, May 2004
# Best of E3 2004, GameZone, May 2004
# Best Xbox Live Game of E3 2004, IGN, May 2004
# Best Xbox Shooter of E3 2004, IGN, May 2004
# E3 2004 Xbox Game of Show Winner, IGN, May 2004
# E3 2004 Technological Excellence Runner-up, IGN, May 2004
# E3 2004 Best of Show Winner, IGN, May 2004
# E3 2004 Best of Show Winner, TeamXbox, May 2004
# E3 2004 Best Xbox Live Title, TeamXbox, May 2004
# E3 2004 Best First-Person Shooter, TeamXbox, May 2004
# Best Game of E3 2004, Xbox 365, May 2004
# Best Games of E3 2004 Winner, Xbox Evolved, May 2004
# Best Xbox Game of E3, Gamespot.com, May 2003
# The Best Games of 2003, Official Xbox Magazine, February 2003
# Hottest Games of 2004, Official Xbox Magazine, January 2003
# Best-Kept Secret, Official Xbox Magazine, February 2004
# Best Game of E3 2003, TeamXbox, June 2003
# Best Graphics of E3 2003, TeamXbox, June 2003
# Best Trailer of E3 2003, TeamXbox, June 2003
# Post-E3, Pre-Awards Best Games, IGN Xbox, May 2003
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-03-29, 07:41 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Might be talking about the back story..."
Sum Yung Guy said:
Might be talking about the back story for the books... have you read em all? there pretty good.
Yah, I have. I was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. The writer's actually put effort into them, as opposed to just grinding out a crappy knock-off. But I personally think that there will be a minimum of one more game (obviously I hope for many more), 2 more books, and maybe a movie. I'm really hoping for the movie.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-03-29, 08:11 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "I know I haven't posted in a long time,..."
yeah they didnt really add a lot in halo 2... the stages are better and definately more advanced and the graphics are better... but the gameplay is still the same thing... but halo 2 is online... and u cant beat that ... halo 2 > halo CE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13

Posted 2005-03-29, 08:44 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "yeah they didnt really add a lot in..."
I agree. It actually takes some skill to beat HALO 2, unlike HALO CE on Legendary. The MP is kickass because it's on Live, and it just owns. If the storyline, gameplay, graphics, and weapons all had a major revamp, it wouldn't be the Halo series. You are not making much sense with your arguements Sin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-03-29, 09:14 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I agree. It actually takes some skill..."
If Halo 1 had the same online capabilities as Halo 2 I'd probably never play Halo 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-31, 10:39 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I agree. It actually takes some skill..."
Sorry if I sounded like an ass, I just don't like sequels nearly asmuch as the original when the sequel doesn't deliver anything spectacular or new in my opinion.

We all have different opinions, and thus I believe H1 was better. Sorry.
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Original Sin

Posted 2005-03-31, 12:40 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Sorry if I sounded like an ass, I just..."
An opinion which I would agree with. I always had a lot more fun playing Halo 1 with my friends, and that's what really matters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-31, 01:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "An opinion which I would agree with. I..."
Probably because it was the original and you halfway burned yourselves out with that game by the time HALO 2 came out (4 years later?).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2005-03-31, 01:59 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Probably because it was the original..."
No, because I still love playing Halo 1 with my friends just as much as I did before, I just don't get to because most of them play Halo 2 mostly, and rarely ever play Halo 1.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!