Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Reoccurring dreams?
Posted 2007-06-06, 03:29 PM
Once in a while I have this dream...well...really, I have no idea if it's a dream or not. It's frighteningly real.

I wake up in the middle of the night laying in bed, and I go to reposition myself or something, but I can't move. At all. I try to lift my head, nothing. I try to move an arm, nothing. I try to wiggle a finger, nothing. I feel myself panicing, and I try to call out to my sister, but no sound comes out of my mouth. And I'm just laying there in bed, unable to do anything, freaking out internally.

Before long I just end up falling asleep, and when I wake up in the morning everything is fine, as if it never happened. Which it probably didn't.

Freaking dreams.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-06-06, 04:37 PM in reply to Jessifer's post "Reoccurring dreams?"
I remember having a nightmare that I woke up from but it kept happening, I couldn't open my eyes but I was awake and conscious, it was freaky as hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-06, 04:42 PM in reply to Jessifer's post "Reoccurring dreams?"
I used to have a dream aroudn teh same time every year where godzilla was owning the area around where I live.

I remember him even eating me once.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-06-06, 05:46 PM in reply to Jessifer's post "Reoccurring dreams?"
That's happened to me before on a few occasions. It wasn't a dream. After a minute or so, I was able to move normally. There's a name for it, but I've forgotten.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-06-06, 05:49 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "That's happened to me before on a few..."
It's sleep paralysis. It happens when you're really tired and only semi-sleeping (at least in my case). It's to keep your body from moving around while you're sleeping.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2007-06-07, 06:40 AM in reply to Xenn's post starting "It's sleep paralysis. It happens when..."
I have been having this one dream several times a month. I'll be walking by my house and all of a sudden it looks like fucking armageddon happened and a lot of rubble is around. I walk by a random pile and there is my best friend's bro, smoking a cig and saying 'Joe, welcome to my smoke shop'. Then we go in there and it's just a crazy frenzy of whirls and dips and rollercoasters. Kind of makes me freak out after awhile.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-06-07, 10:53 AM in reply to Xenn's post starting "It's sleep paralysis. It happens when..."
Ooh, that makes sense. Well...It's scary as all hell when it happens.

Well, outside of that there's this other dream I've had where there were area's of the world that had started to snow unexpectedly before suddenly getting so cold that it instantly froze everything it came in contact with. It was odd, because you could actually visibly see it coming. Some people and I were trying to run from it, and others around us as we ran were actually frozen in what they were doing. We started running through this tunnel, and could see frost appearing on the walls of the tunnel as we ran. In the last dream I had about it, the frost had started to edge ahead of us before I woke up. In a previous dream, we actually froze to "death", though I think we were revived somehow. Can't remember.

Sounds like some movie I've seen before, now that I think about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-06-07, 10:56 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Ooh, that makes sense. Well...It's..."
Jessifer said:
Ooh, that makes sense. Well...It's scary as all hell when it happens.

Well, outside of that there's this other dream I've had where there were area's of the world that had started to snow unexpectedly before suddenly getting so cold that it instantly froze everything it came in contact with. It was odd, because you could actually visibly see it coming. Some people and I were trying to run from it, and others around us as we ran were actually frozen in what they were doing. We started running through this tunnel, and could see frost appearing on the walls of the tunnel as we ran. In the last dream I had about it, the frost had started to edge ahead of us before I woke up. In a previous dream, we actually froze to "death", though I think we were revived somehow. Can't remember.

It was probably me on my frost mage. Freezing people to death is fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-07, 11:05 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It was probably me on my frost mage. ..."
But why ya gotta freeze me? D:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2007-06-07, 05:41 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Ooh, that makes sense. Well...It's..."
Chronicles of Riddik but in reverse, maybe?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-06-07, 08:43 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Chronicles of Riddik but in reverse,..."
One of these days I'll get around to actually watching that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2007-06-08, 05:12 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I remember having a nightmare that I..."
That's because you had eye boogies that kept them shut, silly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-06-08, 07:37 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "One of these days I'll get around to..."
Pretty decent movie.

What was the prequel to that? Darkness Falls?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-08, 09:27 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "That's because you had eye boogies that..."
Titusfied said:
That's because you had eye boogies that kept them shut, silly.
That explains why I couldn't open my eyes, not but why I was still dreaming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-08, 09:37 AM in reply to Jessifer's post "Reoccurring dreams?"
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2007-06-08, 10:19 AM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
You actually had stab wounds on you when you woke up in the morning?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-08, 12:07 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Ooh, that makes sense. Well...It's..."
Jessifer said:
The Day After Tomorrow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2007-06-08, 02:10 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Shinto Katana said:
Its called Sleep Paralysis... some-say its spirits who are trying to contact you... evil or good. I remember having thouse everynight, I would be surrounded by black figures and they would make me stab myself with knifes and shit... FUCKING scared the living shit out of me cause you cant move... It seems as if something is holding you down. But I keep trying to move and when I finally have enough will power to move its as if it wasnt a dream and Im awake...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
This is supposedly also the origin of many alien abduction stories.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-06-09, 12:33 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "The Day After Tomorrow."
Nah, though similar I was having that dream before that movie came out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2007-06-11, 02:49 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "This is supposedly also the origin of..."
I wonder how many people have bedrooms decorated like the inside of a UFO with blow up alien dolls standing around their bed... could be quite interesting if you woke up with sleep paralysis in that environment.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny