Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2008-02-19, 05:57 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "The only person you can take guns from..."
Adrenachrome said:
The only person you can take guns from is a law abiding citizen, you cannot make a law that criminals will not break. There's plenty of places in the world you can live that good people cannot own guns, do you think it is safer? You think no one gets shot?

Also, why can't you accept the fact that if this government gets too powerful, and we lose our liberty, these guns we have are going to be our liberty. I believe its a big part of why we still have freedom of speech and religion and other basic rights, first you take guns, then the others just dissapear in time. Because those in power know we could not defend ourselves.

Another thing, if you think making all gun sales illegal and confiscation and all that bullshit is going to mean there is no guns, get a grip. Theres like millions of tons of illegal drugs and guns alike shipped into this country every year. You are only going to take guns away from good people.
But the fact is, all evidence points to you being wrong on all of your points, if you look at other countries that have gun regulation. They are not ran by a dictator, they have a much lower murder rate, and fewer criminals get their hands on guns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-02-19, 06:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "But the fact is, all evidence points to..."
!King_Amazon! said:
But the fact is, all evidence points to you being wrong on all of your points.

Fact is I haven't seen any evidence that proves me wrong, it's your turn.

"Report: Murder Rates Remain Same in Tough Gun Law States"
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95436&page=1
"Rising Gun Ownership Has Helped Cut Murder Rates for Americans Over 25, New Study Says"
http://www.independent.org/issues/article.asp?id=482
"Stossel Links Gun Control to Higher Crime"
http://newsbusters.org/node/12556
Shows data representing states with and without conceal permits
http://www.rkba.org/research/suter/s...cw.4sep95.html
" The British government banned handguns in January 1997 but recently reported that gun crime in England and Wales nearly doubled in the seven years from 1996 to 2003. Since 1996, the rate of serious violent crime has soared by 88%, armed robberies by 101%, rapes by 105% and homicide by 24%."
http://www.nysun.com/article/25547

http://law.jrank.org/pages/1301/Guns-Regulation.html

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=4706
"Restricting firearms has helped make England more crime-ridden than the U.S."
http://www.reason.com/news/show/28582.html

Yea right.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2008-02-20 at 08:33 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-06, 08:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Knives? Swords? It doesn't matter. ..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Knives? Swords? It doesn't matter. That might work against a single person, but you can't walk into a mall and kill a bunch of people with a knife.

KNIVES LINKED TO DARTMOUTH SLAYINGS
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-42982766.html

"There's something in criminology called the valve theory: If you shut off one avenue, another avenue opens up," said Andrew Karmen, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. "If it's more difficult to get guns, people might turn to knives."
http://www.galleryofguns.com/shootin...es.asp?id=1829

A convicted killer who died in Folsom prison last month has been linked by DNA tests to the unsolved knife slayings of six people in the East Bay in the 1970s and early '80s, authorities said yesterday.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...9/MN167984.DTL

Mamoru Takuma, who is standing trial for the murder of eight students in a knife attack at Ikeda Primary School in Ikeda, Osaka Prefecture, said Thursday he had thought often about committing mass murder since his...
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2...6-10024415_ITM

A Ukrainian immigrant accused in the slayings of six relatives was found hanged in his jail cell early today
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-331150.html

'We Did It' letters eyed in NY stabbings
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080307/ap_on_go_co/times_square_blast_letters;_ylt=AtH50Zhu1gHhjkZo_j .uuJ6s0NUE

You could kill a grip of people with a knife, you could walk the isles at wal mart slitting people's throats just as quick as shooting them, hell and not even make a sound.

You could lock a classroom door and start slicing people up, and the people in the next room wouldn't have a clue, hell atleast if you were shooting people many more would be alerted by the noise.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2008-03-06 at 09:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-04-15, 09:24 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "KNIVES LINKED TO DARTMOUTH SLAYINGS ..."
So why not just outlaw all weapons and make a mandatory self-defense course for all?

Oh, in related argument, I read on CNN today that College Students in some school in Texas I believe are pushing for the right to bear weapons in the classroom, I for one find this appalling and hope that nothing gets passed like this, I don't want to have some shithead having the right to have a gun on campus, because after that gets passed the kids will have them in the high schools etc etc. Fuck that.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-15, 11:41 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "So why not just outlaw all weapons and..."
That right to bear arms in classrooms is bullshit. It would cause more chaos. Instead of hearing about the brawls in schools, we'd have more frequent school shootings.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-04-15, 11:53 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "That right to bear arms in classrooms..."
Oh, most definately.

I totally agree, here is the link where I read the article at.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/14/campus.guns/index.html

Quote:
Cincinnati student is leading advocate for college kids to be armed

At least nine states are considering legislation to allow students to carry weapons

Police chief: "I don't think the answer to bullets flying is to send more bullets flying"

"I see carrying a concealed firearm as a kind of life insurance policy," professor says
Stupid fucking kids and professors. Just think about it, that would be the worst idea, ever.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-15, 05:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "547,000 Americans die every year from..."
!King_Amazon! said:
547,000 Americans die every year from cancer.

There are 303,000,000 people in America.

This means that only .18% of Americans die from cancer every year.

Cancer must not be a big problem, then.
Sorry, I just saw this since it was bumped. You're saying guns kill a comparable number of people on COLLEGE CAMPUSES to cancer in general? That's a bold allusion. Sensationalism at it's worst, KA. I expected more .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-15, 05:57 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Sorry, I just saw this since it was..."
That wasn't my point. My point was that it's a relatively small amount of people, if you look at the big picture, but cancer is still a big problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-15, 05:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's perfectly logical. If guns are..."
!King_Amazon! said:
That's perfectly logical. If guns are accessable, yet banned in CERTAIN places, a criminal with any sort of common sense will target the places where guns are banned.

If they were banned EVERYWHERE, for everyone but law enforcement, and guns were not so easily accessable, there would be much less of a problem.

Regulating guns in only certain places is asking for trouble.
Sure, if you banned guns in general they might be harder to access for the average person. There will be a huge market for importing illegal firearms much like modern drug smuggling. Millions if not billions that would be spent on domestically produced firearms will be sent to other countries, quite possibly to terrorism sponsoring agents. Banning stuff outright is working so well. Look at the war on drugs and prohibition.

Anyways, it's not like all the guns in this country are in dealers' hands right now. There are literally generations of firearms in this country. To rid the country of ALL of them would require some sort of authoritarian police state.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-15, 06:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That wasn't my point. My point was..."
!King_Amazon! said:
That wasn't my point. My point was that it's a relatively small amount of people, if you look at the big picture, but cancer is still a big problem.
Why don't you outlaw cars? We'll all be a lot safer then and you're for sure hundreds of times more likely to die from a car accident than be shot on a college campus. You act like it's a huge plague that kills many thousands of students a year. No, it's the exception not the rule. SENSATIONALISM!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-15, 06:08 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Alternatively, if the kid didn't have..."
Mjordan2nd said:
Alternatively, if the kid didn't have it so easy obtaining a gun, he may have been deterred in the first place.

And if we have guns in the classroom around a bunch of prideful, post-adolescent idiots there's going to be way more of a bloodbath in schools.
Alternatively, if the media didn't give attention to these kids he might not have wanted to get a gun and blow them all away. They don't need the media immortalizing them once they blow people away. They need love while they're still stable. The level of detail some of these kids put in is just crazy. Thank God they're using guns and explosives. You don't have to aim for that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-15, 06:23 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Alternatively, if the media didn't give..."
Willkillforfood said:
Alternatively, if the media didn't give attention to these kids he might not have wanted to get a gun and blow them all away.
Blaming it on the media is simple. Shifting the blame from the poor, emotionally troubled teen to the ruthless media is easy. However, it is nothing more than irresponsibly exculpating the perpetrator. The kid pulled the trigger; not the media. The gun was a vital part to implementing his plan; not the media. This is what we know. What his motivation behind the shooting is mere speculation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-15, 06:32 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Blaming it on the media is simple...."
Mjordan2nd said:
Blaming it on the media is simple. Shifting the blame from the poor, emotionally troubled teen to the ruthless media is easy. However, it is nothing more than irresponsibly exculpating the perpetrator. The kid pulled the trigger; not the media. The gun was a vital part to implementing his plan; not the media. This is what we know. What his motivation behind the shooting is mere speculation.
Just like saying if he hadn't had the gun he would have been deterred is speculative. You can't say these things because he did have a gun and we don't know what would have happened.

It's pretty easy to speculate the continuous coverage given to these troubled youths who end it all riddling people with bullets is an incentive. These kids are martyrs to other fucked-up kids. If it hadn't been popular in the news perhaps some of these tragedies would not have happened. Just like reporting famous suicides statistically increases suicides near the time of the reporting (at least according to my psychology professor who is a published doctor.)

Am I advocating censoring the media? No. I'm for rights. I'm sorry some people have to die, but just like how I don't agree with the over zealous anti-terror measures that are taken. I don't believe taking a right away from people is the right thing to do. I don't think tylenol should be outlawed if a bunch of people kill themselves with it. After all, I don't particularly like headaches .

Last edited by Willkillforfood; 2008-04-15 at 06:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-17, 05:57 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Just like saying if he hadn't had the..."
I have a drug charge so I'm not aloud to buy a hand gun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-04-18, 08:41 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I have a drug charge so I'm not aloud..."
Ooooo, ouch! One of my favorite things to do is go out back and shoot the old .22. But kids having that on campus would really piss me off. I just might end up needing to bring mine for self defense.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-19, 12:13 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Ooooo, ouch! One of my favorite things..."
Maybe in future years every citizen will need a gun for self defense. You never know what might happen. But has everone noticed that school and college shootings has gone up? It's like where are all these psychopaths coming from...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-04-19, 01:34 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Maybe in future years every citizen..."
http://www.svrc.net/Files/Murders.pdf

I'd blame it on the culture. Then again, there was a famous shooting at a texas university by an ex-marine that racked up quite the body count also.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-19, 04:00 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "http://www.svrc.net/Files/Murders.pdf ..."
It is defiantly culture. We grow up knowing nothing but violence so when we can we act violent.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-20, 02:10 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "It is defiantly culture. We grow up..."
Allowing guns on campus would be the worst possible scenario.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-20, 02:45 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Allowing guns on campus would be the..."
It would make bulling so much easier. I would most likely be the target yet again. I worked so hard to get rid of that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin