Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

!King_Amazon!'s guide to Salvia Divinorum
Posted 2008-02-14, 10:51 PM
How to meet Lady Salvia

A lot of people make some very simple mistakes when they try salvia, which keeps them from even feeling ANY effects from it. Also, a lot of people have the misconception that Salvia is just "legal pot." Salvia is not like pot. If anything, it's more like LSD, but even that is wrong. Salvia is it's own drug, and it's own experience. From what I understand, it's an indescribable experience.

Materials

First things first, you have to have the Salvia. There are plenty of places online to buy it, or you can usually pick it up in your local head shop. Salvia is legal in all states except for Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Delaware, Illinois and North Dakota. There are many different forms that you can purchase. You can get the leaves, fresh or dried, you can get the extract, ranging anywhere from 5x to 100x+. You can also get it as a tincture which you hold in your mouth. I suggest either the leaves or the extract.

Secondly, you need a smoking implement, if you're smoking the leaves or the extract. Joints are not recommended, as Salvia has to get VERY hot to work, and joints just don't get hot enough. A bowl is sufficient, but is still not the best choice. The best thing you can do is get yourself a nice bong/water pipe. Since you will be heating the Salvia to really high temperatures, the smoke can be very harsh, and a bong/water pipe really helps with this. If you're planning to just chew the leaves, this is not a necessary material. Obviously, along with your smoking implement, you'll need a screen. Stainless Steel is prefered to Brass since it can handle the high temperature better.

Lastly, you'll need a lighter. I know it probably seems strange that I'm actually mentioning this, but it's for good reason. One of the main reasons that people do not feel anything when they smoke Salvia is that they don't get the Salvia hot enough. This is absolutely crucial. There have been people who smoke a WHOLE GRAM of 40x extract Salvia and think it isn't doing anything, simply because they aren't getting it hot enough. Not only is this a complete waste, since a gram of 40x Salvia is ~20-25 doses, but it keeps them from actually meeting Lady Salvia. Anyway, you need a lighter that gets really hot, preferable a mini torch lighter. See example pictures below.

Preparation

Obviously the first thing you need to do is get all of the necessary materials. You might find it difficult to enjoy Salvia unless you actually have it and the necessary tools to enjoy it.

Also, you will need to prepare your environment. Make sure there are no dangerous objects around. Definitely no guns, no knives, no extremely flamable materials or candles. You need to be in a safe environment, because it is very likely that you will get up and be walking around and not knowing what the fuck you are doing. You'll want to be in a clean and peaceful area.

You need to make sure that you're not surrounded by distractions. Salvia is not a party drug. Salvia is not a drug you do while you're watching a movie or playing a video game. Salvia is a drug that you do in a dimly lit room, perhaps with soft music with no vocals. Distractions will just annoy the fuck out of you, and keep you from enjoying the experience.

You either need to have a sitter or you need to fully understand what will and what can happen. If you choose not to have a sitter, you really, really need to make sure you are in a safe environment, and you REALLY need to start out slow. Before you try Salvia, be sure to do some research so you know what to expect, otherwise you could get frightened and have a really bad trip.

Smoking the Salvia

So you've got all of your materials, you've got everything prepared, you've fully researched and understand what is going to happen, and now you're ready to go for it.

Don't expect anything spectacular on your first time, or even your second or third time. A lot of people don't get it right the first time. It could be because you dosed wrong, or you smoked it wrong, or it just didn't work for you the first time. Salvia is a very strange drug, and if the conditions aren't right, sometimes it just won't do anything. Also, you might have to smoke it a few times before it actually starts working. Salvia is strange compared to other drugs because you actually build up a reverse tolerance to it. Once you smoke it, it will take less to get the same effect later. This could be seen as a good thing or a bad thing, but it is generally a good thing if you know what you're doing, as it saves money and saves Salvia. Regardless, it usually takes a few tries before someone has a "breakthrough" experience.

Make sure you are smoking it correctly. This is the most common problem people have with Salvia. You have to smoke it correctly, or NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. Make sure you have a torch lighter, make sure you are taking in very deep hits and holding them for ~30 seconds. Make sure you are taking hits very quickly. Ideally, you want all of your smoking done within 2-3 minutes of starting. Make sure you hold the flame over the Salvia for the entire time that you are inhaling. The Salvia must get VERY hot for it to actually work. Use cold water in your water pipe to help you hold the hits for the appropriate length of time. If you're smoking with a pipe, I hope you're a pro, and I hope you have amazing lungs.

If you've never smoked it before, or if you're using a different strength extract, start out slow. It's hard to know how much it will take until you actually get there. You have to start out slow and work your way up to find how much it will take for you. Salvia has effects even at really low doses, so it's never a waste as long as you're smoking it correctly.

Recap/Tips

I suggest getting extract, a water pipe, a torch lighter, and following the instructions above. You must get the salvia really hot, and you must be able to smoke it hard and fast. You have to start out slow and work your way up, and make sure you are in a safe environment. If you follow this guide, and do a little research yourself, you can have a very enjoyable experience with Salvia. Salvia will put you in a whole other world. It is an enlightening drug, a very "spiritual" drug if you will. Just make sure you know what you are doing, and make sure you understand what can happen, and plan accordingly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-02-15, 08:04 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "!King_Amazon!'s guide to Salvia..."
So what was your 'trip' like?

And, I really don't think you have to worry so much on getting it hot enough. Normally fire burns leaves pretty quickly...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-02-15, 02:39 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "!King_Amazon!'s guide to Salvia..."
I guess I may try Salvia sometime. Not sure. I have a sort of fragile and messed up psyche.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-15, 03:13 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "So what was your 'trip' like? And, I..."
Thanatos said:
So what was your 'trip' like?

And, I really don't think you have to worry so much on getting it hot enough. Normally fire burns leaves pretty quickly...
Haven't done it yet, I'm planning my first trip on Tuesday.

And you do have to get it very hot. It isn't just a matter of getting it to burn, as that isn't that hard. You have to get the Salvia hot enough to gasify the Salvinorum-A, which makes you trip. A regular Bic lighter has a hard time getting the salvia hot enough to do this. Even if you burn the salvia, that doesn't necessarily mean it's hot enough to release the Salvinorum-A. This is the reason a torch lighter is almost necessary and the reason that smoking it in a joint doesn't really work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-02-15, 08:18 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Haven't done it yet, I'm planning my..."
K_A, I'm still curious if it'd be okay for me to try.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-15, 08:35 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "K_A, I'm still curious if it'd be okay..."
Do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-02-15, 11:33 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Do it."
Are you just saying that in hopes that I'll freak out or do you actually think I'd be okay? I just don't want to do something that's gonna make me freak out and have a shitty fucking time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-15, 11:44 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Are you just saying that in hopes that..."
Watch youtube salvia videos..

..funny shit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-02-16, 01:00 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Are you just saying that in hopes that..."
I have a story up in the Life Discussion section.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-02-16, 01:29 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I have a story up in the Life..."
Responded to.

I guess I'm gonna try it sometime soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-16, 08:56 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Watch youtube salvia videos.. ..."
-Spector- said:
Watch youtube salvia videos..

..funny shit
Most youtube videos of people on salvia are just people being dumbasses. A lot of them are fake, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-02-16, 12:46 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "K_A, I'm still curious if it'd be okay..."
Just make sure your not in the prescence of any negative vibes man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-02-16, 12:47 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Just make sure your not in the..."
That'll be easy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-16, 01:30 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "That'll be easy."
I think my main problem so far is that my "bong" is a little cheap-o. It doesn't hold much water and the tube coming off from it is kinda thin so I can't even take fast big hits. It takes me ~30 seconds just to get a lung full, then I hold it for 30 more. I think I need to get another bong. We'll see. I'm going to try doing more next time and see if that helps, if not I'll be getting another bong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!