Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: death penalty
yes 7 30.43%
no 12 52.17%
unsure 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Question death penalty
Posted 2003-01-08, 06:55 PM
what do u guys think about the death penalty? a judge in my area is about to decide whether or not to put it into affect in my area. i hope he goes against it.

What do u guys think???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2003-01-08, 08:57 PM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
I think it would be worse to sit in a jail cell for the rest of your life then to die painlessly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-Bryan-

Posted 2003-01-08, 09:01 PM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
I am unsure on it, becuase in one hand, we have a murderer/rapest who deserves it, but on the other hand....Thou shalt not commit murder.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-01-08, 09:03 PM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
this should go in conspyracy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-01-08, 09:12 PM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
I think they should die...but I do agree w/ bryan....
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2003-01-08, 09:16 PM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
wasn't there an extremely simmilar thread a while back...

Well...im completely opposed to the death penalty.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-01-09, 06:05 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
Jamesadin said:
Thou shalt not commit murder.
exactly, an eye for an eye makes the world blind. we are being just as bad as the murderers themselvs when we execute them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2003-01-09, 08:16 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
How so? We are executing someone who is so evil, that they essentially forfeit their life. They don't DESERVE to live after murdering a whole family or so. The only justice for the ultimate crime is the ultimate punishment. It does cost more to put someone to death (lawyer / court fees) than to keep 'em alive, but so what? True justice is not always cost-effective.

As I said before - if they made jails especially for these idiots, where they DON'T get 3 big meals a day, gyms to help them beat up prison guards, and they DO have to do hard labor, THEN I would be opposed to the death penalty, since that would be worse than death. Might even cut down on the murders committed.

And yes, there is another thread like this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2003-01-09, 08:49 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
i dont think they should die...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-01-09, 08:59 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
Jamesadin said:
I am unsure on it, becuase in one hand, we have a murderer/rapest who deserves it, but on the other hand....Thou shalt not commit murder.
But you forget that in biblical times there were quite a few crimes with a penalty of being stoned to death, which was the penalty that God set. I really don't think that executing someone by proper authorities as the result of a crime counts as murder.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-01-09, 09:06 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
yes to death penalty, they deserve it, i mean if you say an eye for an eye... what about the noah flood? how many eyes is that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-01-09, 09:55 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
WetWired said:
But you forget that in biblical times there were quite a few crimes with a penalty of being stoned to death, which was the penalty that God set. I really don't think that executing someone by proper authorities as the result of a crime counts as murder.
Right.

The state following its own rules which are known beforehand != murder.

Breaking those rules by killing another = murder, and is punished by the government for that specific crime.

Not all murders are death-penalty worthy, though. Killing mentally retarded people is just wrong. They didn't know that they were breaking any rules, and they wouldn't understand why what they did is wrong. Jail for them, to keep them from the rest of society.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2003-01-09, 09:59 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
Quote:
Killing mentally retarded people is just wrong...
I think muder is murder.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-01-09, 10:00 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
if i were a murderer, i would much rather have the death penalty than life in prison. id rather die painlessly than get butt fucked for 60 years, but i don't know about you guys.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-01-09, 10:13 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
Yes i totaly agree with you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-01-09, 11:57 AM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
well maybe then ull think twice before comiting the murder? plus should u kill the guy that injects the murderer as he is then killing the murderer... no matter what i dun think anyone should EVER have the right to kill someone no matter what the one u wnat to kill has done
better to regret having tried... then to regret not having tried at all

to m8s: if u live to be a hundred i want to live to be 100 minus 1 day so i never have to live without u(quote from winnie the Pooh :P)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dugrim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendugrim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dugrim

Posted 2003-01-09, 03:23 PM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
I think it would be a better punishment for them to have to live and suffer for the rest of their life. but that is just me.

It is better to burn out than fade away.
~Kurt Cobain~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Belle_Dame is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBelle_Dame is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Belle_Dame

Posted 2003-01-09, 03:49 PM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
Right now I think there are far too many people that don't deserve life. But on the other hand who can really say who does and doesn't? Also once more there has been people who have been killed and later they were proven not too be guilty, that is unacceptable. The thing about it all the stuff they offer at prison makes it a waste of cash (cable, entertainment, Labour free) but the current cost of executing outweighs that of keeping an inmate in prison for his entire life (average). IMO the whole system needs too be reworked or for all the flaws to be pushed out. I feel we are too easy going on our inmates and no one really thinks about the fact they will be punished untill after they've done it, what kind of deterent is that?

The system may be one of the best in the world but it still lacks complete justice to the victim and the nation harbouring the crimnal. I think if the person is going to be inhuman to there victim then the government should have the right to be inhuman back, plus that saves us millions of dollars (instead of spending all that money on the execution put them in an alley and shot them in the head).

Last edited by JohnnyTAE; 2003-01-09 at 03:53 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2003-01-09, 04:19 PM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
What they NEED to do is figure out how to erase someone's memories, if its even possible. That'd be perfect, knock 'em out, erase memories, and dump them in a random country. They won't know anything, maybe not even how to talk. And just start over.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-01-09, 05:38 PM in reply to platnum's post "death penalty"
BlueCube said:
How so? We are executing someone who is so evil, that they essentially forfeit their life. They don't DESERVE to live after murdering a whole family or so. The only justice for the ultimate crime is the ultimate punishment. It does cost more to put someone to death (lawyer / court fees) than to keep 'em alive, but so what? True justice is not always cost-effective.

As I said before - if they made jails especially for these idiots, where they DON'T get 3 big meals a day, gyms to help them beat up prison guards, and they DO have to do hard labor, THEN I would be opposed to the death penalty, since that would be worse than death. Might even cut down on the murders committed.

And yes, there is another thread like this.
Who are we to judge who is evil or not? WHO ARE YOU TO EXECUTE SOMEONE. The poper authorities are bullshit...the proper authorities are frikin ran by george w. And god isn't telling us what to do...he gave us free will. If he thinks that someone should be punished he'll do it himself. God will do as he sees fit...other than that we have no more right to kill a murderer than he has to kill an innocent man. What difference does it make if he lives in prison (where he is harmless to the outside world) or if he's dead (where he is obviously harmless) In fact by leaving him alive you are simply showing him forgiveness...a virtue of the christian god himself. The proper authorities are also WHACK. So you got a frikin law degree...that don't give you the right to execute someone. Jury by peers is also bullshit....these people judgin you aint your peers...they aint ever known you. Also I don't know if uve hurd but nowdays they can set up martial law for you if you're even SUSPECTED terrorist. The last thing that sets me off about the death penalty is what if you're innocent. WHAT IF YOU'RE SON OR DAUGHTER WAS AT THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME. Wouldn't you want them to have a chance to live. Inoccents are murdered in tha row...there aint no doubtin it so that completely ticks me off and I refuse to believe that we are bringing justice by Murder. For those of you that are christian christ never believed in an eye for an eye. And how are you going to say that god set up stoning. You know as well as me that is cruel and unjust punishment. That is just bs if you're gonna tell me that...how are you gonna believe somethin like that man. I mean have your beliefs and all but don't be blind to other possibilities.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes