Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you believe in god?
Yes, I believe in god. 13 68.42%
No, I dont believe in god. 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Do you believe in god, Why or Why not?
Posted 2004-07-03, 05:07 PM
Well, atlast another thread such as this one.

I believe in god, because I believe in the bible. It's just something that i know it isn't imaginary, or fake, like when I'm shooting in basketball, and I know I'll make it. It's kind of the same way, I know it's real because I just get that special feeling when things happen.

What is your opinion on this?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-03, 05:16 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Do you believe in god, Why or Why not?"
Yes I do.

For a previous thread on this topic, read HERE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-07-03, 05:22 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Yes I do. For a previous thread on..."
Jamesadin said:
Yes I do.

For a previous thread on this topic, read HERE

Blah, There's many new members, those posts are all the good oldschool members.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-03, 05:25 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Yes I do. For a previous thread on..."
Not at all, there is no real proof to support that there IS a god. The bible contradicts itself so many times it's not even funny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-07-03, 05:58 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Not at all, there is no real proof to..."
Ah holy crap you're stupid, you have to study the bible to figure out that it doesn't contradict itself....have you done that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gunbound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGunbound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gunbound

Posted 2004-07-03, 05:59 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Not at all, there is no real proof to..."
Yeah I believe in God. For the reasons that slaynish stated and also that someone had to start mankind.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-07-03, 06:40 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Do you believe in god, Why or Why not?"
I believe in Buddah. Buddism respects other religions.
I also believe in other non religion stuff, but wont dive into that. (ninja stuff, etc)

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-07-03, 06:54 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "I believe in Buddah. Buddism respects..."
Though it isn't my religion, I do believe that Buddhism does have good morals.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-07-03, 07:16 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Though it isn't my religion, I do..."
Where is the partly!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-07-03, 07:26 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Where is the partly!!"
I believe in God because I have tested my faith so many times and gotten a reply back. Slim, the bible doesn't constantly contradict itself. To me, God is a postulate. He can't be proven, but he can't be disproven, he's something that has to be accepted, either in life or death.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-07-03, 07:44 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I believe in God because I have tested..."
Adrenachrome said:
most of life doesnt make sense i think thats why people came up with religion
to explain things

no offense

but i think people who believe in a god are simple minded....
And if he is real, he is demented...To many bad things happen and not enough good things to offset them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-07-03, 07:49 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "And if he is real, he is demented...To..."
The good offset the bad ten times. THere's a lot more good than you realize, MAC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-07-03, 08:17 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "The good offset the bad ten times. ..."
KagomJack said:
The good offset the bad ten times. THere's a lot more good than you realize, MAC.
I'am not talking in general, I'am talking about personal life. I've thought about suicide many time over the past 7 years, thought about the future maybe 6 times at most that i can rember.. Thats not a "god is real" ratio.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-07-03, 08:52 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "I'am not talking in general, I'am..."
Did you even try to pray? Did you read the bible for comfort? Try it sometime, it'll help a lot more than you know. I've gone through the suicidal thing. I prayed for help, I read the bible. It helped me (I wasn't always religious...Agnostic for 7 years)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2004-07-03, 09:27 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Did you even try to pray? Did you read..."
Well, If I was Bi, I'd just kill myself..

No offense, though..

I try to prey, sometimes i cant do it though, too tired or something..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-03, 09:30 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Well, If I was Bi, I'd just kill..."
First of all, I see no reason to want to kill myself because of my sexual orientation. I also see no reason to just because I'm bi.

praying is something I do everyday. It strengthens my bond with God.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2004-07-03, 09:35 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "First of all, I see no reason to want..."
I know, it was more a joke than anything else, i apologize.

Usually, I pray every day to god, not at bed, or when i wake up, or eating times, I just pray when i need guidance or questions...

For most of the same reasons you do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-03, 09:49 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Did you even try to pray? Did you read..."
KagomJack said:
Did you even try to pray? Did you read the bible for comfort? Try it sometime, it'll help a lot more than you know. I've gone through the suicidal thing. I prayed for help, I read the bible. It helped me (I wasn't always religious...Agnostic for 7 years)
I used to till I realized it didn't help and that the bible is bullshit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-07-03, 09:54 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "I used to till I realized it didn't..."
MasterAC said:
I used to till I realized it didn't help and that the bible is bullshit.

It depends what it's about.

If you prayed that your grandma wouldn't die, like I would've if my grandma would've died 6 years ago, well, some things are just meant to be.

I was playing pool today, and my opponent had the 8ball shot, i prayed " If i lose, the bible is fake."

He shot the 8ball in, and made it.
I was appauled. I was amazed, and dissapointed.

3 seconds later, the cueball went into the opposite pocket...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

slaynish

Posted 2004-07-03, 09:55 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "It depends what it's about. If you..."
Well, God is in control, but he does give us control of our free will.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven