Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Post The "Reasons" Thread
Posted 2003-09-28, 01:50 AM
Okay, this is where I'll be giving my reasoning behind my decisions in particular battles. If the reasons are obvious (such as everyone arguing for the same character, or no worthwhile arguments being posted in a character's favor) then no explanations will be given.

Here's my take on the Seymour vs Seifer battle.

Kuja actually had me going for a while. I was tempted to give the win to Seifer for a while, simply because most of what he said was spot on. Magic takes time to cast, regardless of how FFX's magic system works. It's not like being a member of the X-Men. Spells are not instant, they take focus and concentration. It's not just "I point my finger at the dude and he erupts in a ball of flame." Magic doesn't work like that.

On top of that, Kuja had a lot of good arguments concerning low evasion and low accuracy. To which I reply, well done. On the other hand, the "low MP" argument wasn't too convincing. So far, I haven't really taken MP, ammunition or item volume into account. The low evade and hit scores were a good argument, though.

The kick in the pants was this: Kuja`s #1 and his "Seifer is hot-tempered" argument. The fact is, if Seifer were a calm, calculating individual, he would most certainly destroy Seymour. Mr. Omnis has no melee capabilities and is relying upon magic entirely, and that is a huge crutch. If Seymour had been fighting someone like Sephiroth or Magus, he would most certainly see the end of his life flashing before his eyes. But, he was fighting a hothead. And someone like Seymour would know exactly how to use that to his advantage.

Well played everyone. Kuja and Kuja`s, I anticipate some really great arguments from you two when Kuja steps up to bat against Lloyd.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel