Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

13 y/o girl shoots dad in face with shotgun
Posted 2007-07-30, 09:52 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/30/fat...rss_topstories
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-07-30, 11:18 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "13 y/o girl shoots dad in face with..."
The wittle bunnies made me do it!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-07-30, 11:25 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "The wittle bunnies made me do it!"
If you read the story, she actually planned it out to look like a robbery. Too bad she went and told people...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-07-31, 01:21 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If you read the story, she actually..."
Shame. Actually, this happened fairly close to where I live - 20 miles or so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-31, 08:26 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "13 y/o girl shoots dad in face with..."
Wow.. can't believe a little girl was driven to do something like that. The guy probably deserved it, but she handled it the wrong way, obviously.

Know what's sort-of humorous? When I went to that page, there was an ad with a young girl looking depressed saying, "Daddy, what would happen to me and mommy if you died?" WOAH.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-31, 01:45 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Wow.. can't believe a little girl was..."
Thanatos said:
Wow.. can't believe a little girl was driven to do something like that. The guy probably deserved it, but she handled it the wrong way, obviously.

Know what's sort-of humorous? When I went to that page, there was an ad with a young girl looking depressed saying, "Daddy, what would happen to me and mommy if you died?" WOAH.
Lmao!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-07-31, 04:20 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Wow.. can't believe a little girl was..."
Thanatos said:

...holy hell, you're right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-01, 03:32 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "13 y/o girl shoots dad in face with..."
Shotgun blasts to the face? What a messy way to kill someone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-08-05, 12:13 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Shotgun blasts to the face? What a..."
If what the article insinuates about abuse is true, then that fucker got what he deserved.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2007-08-06, 09:14 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "If what the article insinuates about..."
I would agree. It sounds like she was pretty desparate, and nobody would do anything(if I remember right.)

I mean, the girl shot her DAD, there's 2 possibilities there. Either she's fucking nuts, or he's fucking nuts. The evidence points to him being nuts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-06, 09:37 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I would agree. It sounds like she was..."
She's 13. That's old enough to appreciate the consequences of her actions. Abuse or not, there is no excuse for that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-06, 11:58 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "She's 13. That's old enough to..."
I disagree.
NO CHILD (she is a fucking child) needs to be in a home with an abusive parent. When you don't know where to turn because the person abusing you is your parent its hard. Fuck off for not seeing that she's only 13, most people can't make adult decisions until they're in their 20s. The worst part of this story is that she was telling people she was being abused...and NOBODY did anything. bullshit.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-08-06, 12:01 PM in reply to klo's post starting "I disagree. NO CHILD (she is a fucking..."
Exactly, I agree with Klo. She'd tried other means, but nobody would listen to her. If anyone is to blame it's child services.

You'd have to be pretty blind not to see that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-06, 12:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Exactly, I agree with Klo. She'd tried..."
or the neighbors who are saying that she told THEM she was being abused...and didnt do anything!!

Child services suck...seriously.
I was abused from when i was one till i turned 5 and child services WAS AWARE (they would check in on us on a scheduled visit every 3 mos or so)...and finally took us away when I told the daycare lady that there was sexual abuse going on.

then you hear of stories of parents having their kids taken away when they were out drinking, but their kids are at home with a sitter. its bullshit.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Exactly, I agree with Klo. She'd tried..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Exactly, I agree with Klo. She'd tried other means, but nobody would listen to her. If anyone is to blame it's child services.

You'd have to be pretty blind not to see that.
Right. I suppose every abused child who was forced to stay with their abusive guardian and dealt with their condition by not shooting their parents should feel cheated out of that opportunity. And for any child who does decide to shoot their parent we should cast doubt on the competence of the parents and blame child services.

Lets not forget the situation here. She picked up the gun. She pulled the trigger. She attempted to cover it up by making it look like a robbery. Not child services. The father wasn't beating her when she killed him. He was asleep. The only evidence for abuse is from an estranged wife, a homely home, and from the thirteen year old's vicarious testimony.

In my opinion, I was abused. (That previous statement has absolutely no sarcasm behind it.) Not by my parents, but that's hardly the point. I'm not twnety! Someone please hook me up with a semi-auto so I can shoot my abuser!

Quote:
NO CHILD (she is a fucking child) needs to be in a home with an abusive parent. When you don't know where to turn because the person abusing you is your parent its hard.
I agree. But she knowingly dealt with it inappropriately. If the system fails, tough. That's not an excuse for pre-meditated murder.

Quote:
Fuck off for not seeing that she's only 13, most people can't make adult decisions until they're in their 20s.
Maybe in your case. Deciding whether or not to put on a rubber or use the pill is a tough decision. Clearly an adult decision. Explains everything!

Quote:
The worst part of this story is that she was telling people she was being abused...and NOBODY did anything. bullshit.
The worst part about this story is a man died. Jesus fucking christ, yea, it's terrible that she was abused, but it's worse that someone died. Even if that someone is the antagonist in this case.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2007-08-06 at 01:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:11 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Right. I suppose every abused child who..."
It doesn't matter how much she MAY or MAY NOT of been abused according to her testimony she needs to at the very least go to a correctional facility for a while. She has problems that definitely need to be sorted out.

If the prosecution finds no evidence of abuse she needs to head to juvi then jail for a while. No excuse to shoot someone even at 13.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:16 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "It doesn't matter how much she MAY or..."
No...she told people PRIOR to the shooting that it wasn't a happy home. One neighbor offered her to live there.

Yea, its wrong to kill someone, BUT in her defense...1 she sees it ALL over the television and shit (seems regular to kill people). 2 When I was being abused my step father told me that if i told the authorities he would hurt me and my mom. I'm almost POSITIVE there would have been threats made to make her feel obligated to keep her mouth shut. She was obviously confused and shit. OK, she did something wrong..but hey why would we want some abusive father around anyways?!?! So he can have more kids or be a role model??? FUCK

oh, and yea she needs some therapy big time. first...she just killed someone that I'm sure she loved in some way. after everything my real mother did to me, i still love her. AND she was raised in an abusive household.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

klo

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:26 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Right. I suppose every abused child who..."
mjordan2nd said:
Right. I suppose every abused child who was forced to stay with their abusive guardian and dealt with their condition by not shooting their parents should feel cheated out of that opportunity. And for any child who does decide to shoot their parent we should cast doubt on the competence of the parents and blame child services.

Lets not forget the situation here. She picked up the gun. She pulled the trigger. She attempted to cover it up by making it look like a robbery. Not child services. The father wasn't beating her when she killed him. He was asleep. The only evidence for abuse is from an estranged wife, a homely home, and from the thirteen year old's vicarious testimony.

In my opinion, I was abused. (That previous statement has absolutely no sarcasm behind it.) Not by my parents, but that's hardly the point. I'm not twnety! Someone please hook me up with a semi-auto so I can shoot my abuser!

I agree. But she knowingly dealt with it inappropriately. If the system fails, tough. That's not an excuse for pre-meditated murder.

Maybe in your case. Deciding whether or not to put on a rubber or use the pill is a tough decision. Clearly an adult decision. Explains everything!

The worst part about this story is a man died. Jesus fucking christ, yea, it's terrible that she was abused, but it's worse that someone died. Even if that someone is the antagonist in this case.
MJ, you're being slightly out of line. I wouldn't expect, from you, personal attacks during a "debate" of sorts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "MJ, you're being slightly out of line. ..."
!King_Amazon! said:
MJ, you're being slightly out of line. I wouldn't expect, from you, personal attacks during a "debate" of sorts.
I don't like being told to fuck off. And I have sardonic comments all over everything. They are usually just embedded a little deeper. More subtle. But Draco never told me to fuck off.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2007-08-06 at 01:33 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:34 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Right. I suppose every abused child who..."
mjordan2nd said:
As far as my daughter is concerned...fuck off!!! I'm a great mother and my daughter is happy as can be (VERY ADULT TO TAKE CARE OF A CHILD DIPSHIT). So seriuosly, if your going to jab at me being a mom, take it elsewhere...this has nothing to do with it. I said SOME ppl...I am obviously not one of them. Give most 19 year olds a child and they can't fucking handle it. SERIOUSLY...look at most young moms...or most first moms period...they don't know as much about childcare and child development as I do.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

klo