Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Sports That You Play
Posted 2007-08-05, 10:29 PM
My favorites are soccer and ultimate frisbee, and there is generally a nice turnout. I've tried playing basketball with some friends, but I just end up embarrassing myself with how terrible I am. It's nice to have it be competitive and fun; not cutthroat. I played soccer with a completely new group tonight, and it was challenging. I loved it. Everyone out there was ~18-22, there were some good combos going on and I liked how fast-paced it was. I got 4 assists! Only complaint I have about tonite was getting slide-tackled cleats up from behind by this black guy named Ebow, but he quickly apologized. I hope the bruises and cuts on my calves heal quickly! Also I got a number from one of the girls, and she was damn cute. Do any of you try to get friends and/or sports buddies together to play pick-up games?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-06, 07:08 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Sports That You Play"
Im the best at golf (handicap is around a 3.5 right now) then soccer and football. Im also decent at hockey and basketball. Me and my friends, especially in college, get together for pickup games almost ever weekend. We also play basketball late on Wednesday nights since it is an off day. I personally love it, because it s a great way to hang with friends and its also a good workout.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-06, 08:56 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Im the best at golf (handicap is around..."
Oh, I forgot to add golf. I love playing it, but like basketball, I'm not too good. I have gotten better though, I can actually hit straight drives. The problem for me is getting on the green.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-06, 09:47 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Sports That You Play"
Hmmm, pretty much play hockey August through April, once or twice a week. This summer I made a softball team with people I know, bad choice as we had some really shitty players. We had 2 guys who stuck out at a few games, ended the season yesterday at 0-14, but it was still fun for most of the games. Played a decent amount of basketball this summer as well just pick up games and what not, wanted to play more volleyball but that didn't work out.

Still haven't gotten in my 3 rounds of golf for the summer, so I'll have to do that. Also played some 5v5 beach football this summer, and other things I'm missing as well.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-08-06, 10:38 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Sports That You Play"
I play basketball every chance I get. I play pick-up games all the time with my friends. I'm either the high-scorer or the play-maker (I get my teammates open shots). I'm really good and all this potential is going to waste because I'm only 5'10" - If I was 6'4" and I worked out regularly, I'd be playing college ball, no joke. I'm not trying to brag, it's just that it gets to me that I could be doing so much more with my life if I was only a couple inches taller.

I grew up playing soccer and went to a couple of out-of-state tournaments when I was younger. I was pretty badass back then. They called me "The Boot" - I had a pretty strong right leg. I quit when I got to highschool.

I also play pick-up football games whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-06, 11:04 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I play basketball every chance I get. I..."
Dude I could take you 1 on 1, full court, half, it don't matter

But i'm about the same as you Thanatos, i'll hop into a pickup game anytime, basketball or football. I haven't really been playing as much since I got out of highschool strictly because of time, but i'm always down on the weekend to play some ball no matter what it is.

Lately though, I've actually been riding alot, on my bike, it's relatively great exercise and doesn't seem to strain as much, and it's nice to go riding after work to get off alotta that stress, i'm not sure if it's a sport or not, but it is definately a good time killer as me and the lady stroll around.

That's really about it, I used to play some baseball when I was younger, along with soccer but I suppose i've grown out've both of those sports, I'm contemplating doing some assisstant coaching for Football, but i'll just have to wait and see :-\

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-06, 11:10 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Sports That You Play"
Does billiards count? That's the only competitive recreation I've found that one can play well with a cigarette dangling from one's mouth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-06, 11:16 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Does billiards count? That's the only..."
Basketball. I've started playing a little golf, but since I suck so bad right now we're not counting that. That's about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-06, 12:54 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Basketball. I've started playing a..."
Wish I knew people to do intermural basketball with at A&M, did football last year and that was pretty bad... our team just argued a lot and people just chunked bombs and missed. Its annoying because I can catch a football no matter what practically(Mr. Kurt trained me well eh MJ?) but I wasn't good friends with most of the team, only a couple, so they just chunked bombs to their friends.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:02 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "Wish I knew people to do intermural..."
timmay1113 said:
(Mr. Kurt trained me well eh MJ?)
I concur.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:07 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Dude I could take you 1 on 1, full..."
Guarantee you couldn't take me. I'd school your ass.

Timmay, there's gotta be an intramural basketball league at a big school like A&M.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:47 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Guarantee you couldn't take me. I'd..."
I'm sort of pissed that my college doesn't have soccer, as I would probably have the starting center midfield position. I plan on playing intramural indoor and outdoor soccer, and possibly helping out with the women's team.

As for parlor games, I'm bombass at darts, but anyone can beat me at pool. It's good to hear that a lot of you are active.

MightyJoe, don't worry about the losing season. My soccer team last summer that got 3rd at state the previous year got split up, so we went 0-16-1. Most of the games were close, and I was so proud of our team for having no one quit. We had a lot of fun, especially the last game of the season. It was 100 degrees out, 8v10 (people were vacationing), I had 2 goals, but we fell short 4-2. Soccer hasn't been the same since then, having our goalscorer break his leg in a brutal game the second of the season. He had 4 goals (3 in the first and 1 in that). Never rebounded from that. Ended up 8-5-3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-06, 02:22 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Guarantee you couldn't take me. I'd..."
There's hardly anyone around here that can take me one on one, i'm sure i'd be much faster than you, so full court you'd get schooled.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-06, 02:24 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "There's hardly anyone around here that..."
Why the hell would we play 1on1 full court? This isn't a race, it's about basketball skills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-06, 04:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "There's hardly anyone around here that..."
You guys should do a Hell in the Cell basketball match. I'd pay good money to watch that. D3V, I bet I could outsprint you and outdistance run you any day of the week.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-06, 06:08 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "You guys should do a Hell in the Cell..."
You've gotta be seeing the affects weed has on your lungs, then. I notice I get out of breath easier if I've been smoking on a constant basis.

I bet you could run faster/longer if you quit or at least took a break..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-06, 06:40 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You've gotta be seeing the affects weed..."
I'm currently in a break right now, haven't smoked since last Wednesday, and probably won't until Saturday. It doesn't have too much of an affect on my lungs, and I actually have more creativity when I smoke a pinchie beforehand. I try to combat the marijuana by being completely physically fit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven