Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Warp Tour
Posted 2007-08-04, 08:20 PM
Has anybody ever went??? I went to my first today and it was probably the best concert i have ever been. Each band played a 30 minute set and just rocked. I mean, i saw groups like Starting Line, Boys Like Girls, Hawthorne Heights, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, New Found Glory and Coheed just to name a few. The mosh pits were out of control and the crowd surfing was awesome.

Plus, everyone there was completly baked and you can smell weed from EVERYWHERE.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-04, 09:25 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Warp Tour"
Is this a punk/emo kind of thing?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-08-04, 09:29 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Is this a punk/emo kind of thing?"
Yeah, it is a punk/emo thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-05, 01:00 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Yeah, it is a punk/emo thing."
I dont think I've ever listened to any of those bands in the first place? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-08-05, 01:03 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Is this a punk/emo kind of thing?"
GravitonSurge said:
Is this a punk/emo kind of thing?

Raise your hand if you saw that coming.

I've heard of most, and I'm quite jealous.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2007-08-05, 05:41 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Raise your hand if you saw that coming...."
It used to be real punk instead of the emo garbage the fucking shit and Ozzfest are now.

I went in '00 and '01, and managed to get on the Local Crew for '00. Met a ton of the bands, including NOFX, Flogging Molly (we've met these guys a few times now...), Anti Flag, One Man Army, and the drummer from Green Day.

Too bad the show is complete assfuckery now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-05, 07:21 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It used to be real punk instead of the..."
Isn't Ozzfest free? I was going to go to Moondance, but didn't have the money.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-05, 07:04 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Isn't Ozzfest free? I was going to go..."
I unfortunately never have money for concerts... but thats the way shit goes I suppose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-08-05, 11:52 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "I unfortunately never have money for..."
timmay1113 said:
I unfortunately never have money for concerts... but thats the way shit goes I suppose.
Fortunately for me, since all the music I enjoy is pretty non-mainstream stuff, concert tickets run like $25 at the maximum.

I think I got to see Children of Bodom and Amon Amarth for like $20, which was a hell of a bargain imo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-06, 07:04 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Fortunately for me, since all the music..."
This concert i went to was only 35 dollars, for the entire day. So thats pretty cheap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-06, 08:34 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "This concert i went to was only 35..."
yea kaneda and i went to a warp tower in phoenix a few years back. he got hungry and grumpy half way through so we missed most of who we even wanted to see...then we rented a room. but we were broken up, half the reason he got grumpy i think...i wanted to stay with other ppl i knew that were there but he wasn't into that, i was 15 lol. oh, and it was in like 115 degree weather with water costing $6.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-08-06, 09:00 PM in reply to klo's post starting "yea kaneda and i went to a warp tower..."
I hear that a lot of people get dehydrated because most of the temperatures are high plus the heat people give off. I've been advised to take several bottles of water as if I were taking ecstasy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-06, 09:07 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I hear that a lot of people get..."
I think a gallon is about the most you'd really need.

I used to carry 4 seperate quarts of water when I used to do Desert Backpacking when I was younger, and I rarely drank more than 2 in a day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-06, 09:19 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I think a gallon is about the most..."
I've never hiked in the desert before. Around here it's cornfields as far as the eye can see. I'm going to take a good 4-5 hour hike this weekend at my favorite state park, my plan is to get lost (I know my way around if I emerge from the woods).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-06, 09:24 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I've never hiked in the desert before...."
Yea, water was really expensive, but i brought a shitload of my own so all was good. I do have pictures of some of the bands if anybody wants to look at them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-06, 09:26 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I've never hiked in the desert before...."
HandOfHeaven said:
I've never hiked in the desert before.
Not a whole lot of variety around here, it's all desert for an hour or two in any direction, although you get the subtle differences of rocky desert, high altitude desert, and even sand dunes out in Imperial.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker