Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Eating right
Posted 2008-11-05, 04:36 PM
Quiet possibly one of the hardest things to do when it comes to getting into shape and staying healthy. Since me and my girlfriend have moved into our own apartment we have seen drastic weight gain come and we are both very unhappy with it. We eat like crap, day in and day out. When I joined up at the gym the trainer told me that 70% of your journey to becomming fit is at home in your fridge, eating right is the key. Who wants to shed some light onto some healthy eating habits? Is everyones need different? I've watched "You are what you eat" on BBC America, and the amount of junk we (people) eat is unacceptable. I no longer want to add to the obesity rate of American's.

I've decided to jot down my eating/drinking for the following week. I'm finding it difficult because now that I know I am writing it down it makes me kind of say, I don't want to eat that. I'm trying to ignore that and just eat what I normally would. So, Here it is so far.

------------------
Wednesday:
Breakfast: Honey-nut Cheerios (6:47am)
Lunch: 2(PB&J) on wheat bread. One glass of milk. (11:00am)
Dinner: 2(Hot'n Spicy), 1 Medium Fry, One glass of milk. (6:05pm)

Thursday:
Breakfast: Natural Valley Oats'n'Honey bar.
Lunch: 1(PB&J) on wheat bread.
Dinner: Denny's Bacon cheeseburger with seasoned frenchfries.

Friday:
Breakfast: Honey-nut Cherrios / Natural Valley Oats'n'Honey bar / apple / Oj.
Lunch: 1-foot long BLT on wheat from subway with two lines of mayonaise.
Dinner:

Saturday:
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:

Sunday:
Breakfast: Blue-berry bagel /w butter.
Lunch: orange slices
Dinner: 1-foot long BLT on wheat from subway with two lines of mayonaise.

Monday:
Breakfast: Corn Chex cereal.
Lunch: Roasted chicken breast foot long from Subway.
Dinner: Nothing.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Honey-nut Cheerios
Lunch:
Dinner:
---------------

I'll continue to update this as the appropriate times pass.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-11-11 at 02:51 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-11-08, 04:11 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Eating right"
I use a program called FitDay to input all of my calories. It does neat little graphs and calculations, very helpful. I can send it to you if you want.

They also have a website version, not quite as cool but www.fitday.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-11-10, 07:59 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I use a program called FitDay to input..."
Grav said: [Goto]
I use a program called FitDay to input all of my calories. It does neat little graphs and calculations, very helpful. I can send it to you if you want.

They also have a website version, not quite as cool but www.fitday.com
This is a great write-up.

And Grav, this tool is freakin' awesome I've never even seen that before.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-10, 08:56 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "This is a great write-up. And Grav,..."
Sure, if possible you could send it to me, that would help me and Tutti and great deal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-11-11, 04:04 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Sure, if possible you could send it to..."
you should really try and cut back on those high card/fat meals at night time, that is the wost time to eat high carb foods since you don't have anytime to burn it off, you should just stick to home cooked food! :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-11-18, 04:23 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "you should really try and cut back on..."
Yes, one of the worst things you can do (if trying to LOSE weight) is eating carbs past like.. 6pm. (dinner time), as when you sleep none of it is burned off, however it is great to have tons of carbs while working out as they burn more efficiently.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-20, 04:42 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes, one of the worst things you can do..."
I would recommend eliminating the Denny's fatty-ass cheeseburger.

I'm going to post my new diet as soon as I start to feel postive effects from it, it is a very, very high fish intake diet, which will include 3-4 cans of tuna per day (16g of protein per can) as well as lean chicken and lots of green including chicken salad.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-11-20, 06:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I would recommend eliminating the..."
Sounds delish, gimme in on that asap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-11-21, 09:31 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I would recommend eliminating the..."
Make sure you're eating chunk light rather than the solid albacore. Both types have mercury problems, but the chunk light has considerably less.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-12-02, 05:14 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Make sure you're eating chunk light..."
I'm not a fan of mercury, but at the same time I am not afraid of it. Mercury has been around forever, Asians never have any issues with it and most asians have a very high intake of fish, every day.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V