Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post New Nintendo Console?
Posted 2003-07-01, 07:16 PM
i have some information about a console called the nintendo nexus. i'll post a pic of it later...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2003-07-06, 04:57 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
Hopefully soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-07-06, 05:39 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
It's gonna be out in 2004.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-06, 05:44 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
Fake, fake, fake. The pictures circulating the internet were created by some guy almost 3 years ago for an IGN contest. I would show you the proof, but I would need an IGN Insider account to access their archives. Anyways, it's a fake.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-06, 07:54 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
Irregardless I DID hear a rumor from E3 reviews that a new metroid game is in the works (Yes!), as well as a new console. Of course, I doubt anyone knows anything about it other then they're working on it. Ye' know how good nintendo is at keeping secrets.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-07-07, 08:39 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
The new Metroid game is a direct sequel to Metroid Prime. They had a video teaser of it at E3 this year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-07-07, 09:03 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
New console already? Holy crap!

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-07-07, 09:54 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
The new console is codenamed Gamecube 2, not "Nexus". The Nexus thing was a joke. The GCN2 (which is a codename, like "Dolphin") is aimed for a November 2005 launch date. It will be directly competing with the PS2 this time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-07-08, 01:05 AM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
there was also a rumor in EGM for a 2004 release. this would make some sense because then nintendo will have a head start, just like sony did.
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube

Posted 2003-07-08, 08:10 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
I'd be anticipating the 2005 launch, though. 2004 may be a little too early. Look what happened to Dreamcast. That thing was out a full year before PS2, and it flopped.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-07-09, 12:09 AM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
Hmm well gamecube wasn't made as powerful as the Xbox or PS2 maybe this new one will be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzsir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

sir.dennis

Posted 2003-07-09, 12:12 AM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
I personally hope it'd be able to play GCN games, the whole upgrade element is a huge buying plus.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-07-09, 01:41 AM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
Sir.Dennis said:
Hmm well gamecube wasn't made as powerful as the Xbox or PS2 maybe this new one will be.
What the hell are you talking about? The GCN's processor is 60% more powerful than the PS2's. It has better load times, a better graphics processor, and equal sound capabilites. The GCN is a far more powerful console than the PS2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-07-09, 04:29 AM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
Yes the gamecube is most definatly better, The Problem is though that gamecube needs to get there Arses in Gear and Starting making some Games that weren't Designed for 6 yr olds. I'm tired of this Crap. If they want to make Money, they need to re-make GoldenEye. The best first person shooter in history. After that they won't Have to make any More games. I'm going to re-Purchase a N64 for GoldenEye and P-Dark. Anyways...SO what if Nintendo is making a new console...Sony Is releasing a Ps3 in 2004 also. WOOPY. Why Don't we all just wait until everyone can get a bloody VR Set In thier residients.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2003-07-09, 12:11 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
"games designed for 6 year olds"? i dont think so. not all gamecube games are based toward kids. ever played metroid prime or eternal darkness? and all consoles have some kid games. ps2 and xbox have just as many kid games as gamecube. just because a game is rated "everyone", doesnt mean it is for kids. Everyone means the game is foe everyone. hence the name.
Sovereign's REAL sig
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGameCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GameCube

Posted 2003-07-09, 12:22 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
Yes yes, I realize that not all of them are made for kids. But I'd say the majority of them are, more so than Ps2 or Xbox, now I don't know if that's because They have more games so it evens out or what, but its a fact. I have metroid, smash bro's, eternal darkness, zelda,...Basically everynone kids game (except Resident Evil's)...I'm not saying that only kids will play them, but thats about what thier fun level is set at, N64 had the same problem....Nintendo is going wussy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-07-09, 04:46 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
I wouldn't consider a game rated "everyone" to be child-oriented at all. Just because a game has a cartoony art-style doesn't mean it's for children. I can only think of two GCN games I own that I would consider child-firendly. Animal Crossing and Pikmin. Both of those games are badass, reagrdless of their cartoony art-style. Not everything can be zombies and gore. Nintendo knows that, so they balance games like Resident Evil Zero and Eternal Darkness out with more colorful games like Super Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker.

Here's a list of great games for the GCN, and I wouldn't consider any of these kids games. They're either too difficult for a child to play, or they're just something that a child would not be interested in.

Super Mario Sunshine (too difficult for some adults I know)
Star Fox Adventures (too difficult for a child, a bit more geared towrd adults)
Metroid Prime (dark and violent)
Resident Evil (dark and really violent)
Resident Evil Zero (dark, violent and super hard)
Eternal Darkness (dark, violent and extremely cerebral)
Super Monkey Ball (terrifyingly difficult)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (furiously diffcult)
Extreme G-3 (quite difficult, dark and futuristic)
Skies Of Arcadia Legends (difficult RPG)
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn (dark, difficult RPG)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader (very difficult)
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (dark, violent and difficult)
Vexx (dark, violent and infuriatingly difficult)

And that's just the games I own. There are a ton of others that just simply aren't designed for children to play, or aren't accomodating to children. Don't mke such sweeping statements as "all Nintendo makes is kid's games." Statements like that aren't true in the slightest, and they don't do anything to make you look any more intelligent.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2003-07-09, 04:49 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
Kaneda said:
Sony Is releasing a Ps3 in 2004 also. WOOPY. Why Don't we all just wait until everyone can get a bloody VR Set In thier residients.
Get your facts straight you dumb fuck. PS3, nor any new consoles for that matter, will be released until AT LEAST 2005.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-09, 09:25 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
I have the pic complemets of Jamesadin

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Last edited by quikspy67; 2003-07-09 at 11:01 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-07-09, 09:51 PM in reply to kaos's post "New Nintendo Console?"
OK, back off, I'm not saying that All they make is kids games! And I'm not saying all games rated Everyone is a kids game. Im saying they make alot more of them then the competition...Thats all, thats why they are't in the running w/ the big boys...And Uncapped, where did you get your info from...please inform us, with your mighty omniscient powers! Cock...

P.S. Summoner: A goddess reborn, the basic premise of the game is cool, turning into monsters and what not, but other whise it sux.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda