Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post digital cable descramblers
Posted 2003-01-10, 12:17 PM
Product Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=19505782 71

Has anyone tried one of these? Do they actually work? It appears to block the ordering request from being sent off to the cable company. So they don't know what to bill you for.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
johnallen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjohnallen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

johnallen

Posted 2003-01-10, 12:48 PM in reply to johnallen's post "digital cable descramblers"
hmm adult channels.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-01-10, 02:05 PM in reply to johnallen's post "digital cable descramblers"
Yes, they do work on MOST connections. You can get the best one at cableboxes.biz (or something of that nature) for about 90 dollers.

Although, some people running digital cable, boxes dont work for them....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-01-11, 10:53 PM in reply to johnallen's post "digital cable descramblers"
hey how do these things work? anyone wanna explain these thigns to me, i never understood all that cable stuff.
C. M. Ngan
Aerospace Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LordZpider

Posted 2003-01-12, 02:16 AM in reply to johnallen's post "digital cable descramblers"
My Mom's ex-fiance used to use something kind of like this.
He had a pc, a box with a card in it, and once every month he had to get a new floppy disk for the pc, with new codes or some shit.
He got like channels 100-200 (pay-per-view), and up to channel 900 (most were triples though.)
This was of course before I literally threw his virgin (self-admitted that he never had a girlfriend in his life) 24 or 25 year old scrawny ass punk kid(who still lives with his dad) into the whole setup (including the Mitsubishi big screen) for threatening my little sister and my Mom with a Police Baton.
Best moment of my life, I was laughing my fucking ass off at him, all bloody and shit.
Then of course his Dad(who was calling my sister and mom bad names and threatening them) came charging at me so I took a defensive stance (left leg behind right, my right shoulder facing his direction and bracing arms in a flexing position) and he ran into me and fell on his ass (I pushed back a little).

Anyway that is off topic, but I just get worked up every time I think of them, with him stabbing that baton at my Mom and little Sister (I was inbetween them).
But uh, yeah, in short, they had one of those kind of, but for satellite and it was cool except once a month for a few days the tv would work for a few mins then freeze for 1-20 minutes, which was a PAIN IN THE MOTHER FUCKING GODDAMN ASS during the Super Bowl. I dont know if Digital is like that, but I dont think it is.
Just stay away from the satellite ones.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-01-12, 08:41 AM in reply to johnallen's post "digital cable descramblers"
Well, that was a great story.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-01-12, 09:19 AM in reply to johnallen's post "digital cable descramblers"
When the channels are sent to you through satellite/digital cable, they are all sent in scrambled form. Whatever channels you have access to are then descrambled at the box, through another signal running along side the channels. A descrambler will send a virtual descramble signal through the box, thus descrambling the channels. Also, it will stop any PPV orders from being sent out, so you basically get the movies for free. Although, on satellite, you usually have to remove the phone line from the back for this. And trust me, never plug the phone line back in. It will send all unsent orders through to PPV.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2003-01-19, 10:11 PM in reply to johnallen's post "digital cable descramblers"
lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2003-01-20, 06:47 AM in reply to johnallen's post "digital cable descramblers"
Ya descrambler rock, with cable tv you only have to pay for the base configuration, and nothing with sat... All Chan and PPV !!!
Sometime you need to update it cause the company changes thier signals every 1-2 months.
They also try to catch you by making you call some phone number... They say like "You got a problem with that plz call our tech support number .... Give them your name, adress, phone number and the police will arrive soon. Be prepare to pay huge and go in jail cause you stole our TV signals. Thx..." Never call them ... and never plug your descramber in the phone plug. Best advice I can give.
Ah and they got others methods to track you down like finding some highfrequency signals that your descramber emit but there is nothing you can do for that....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MiNi_MaX