Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post I have a confession...

Posted 2002-12-19, 10:39 AM
Sorry to tell you this, but the only reason I was knocking FF9 was because I never got past the first disk. I am playing it now, and I will let you know what i think later.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people asking a good question at the wrong time."

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StonedVegeta

Posted 2002-12-19, 10:48 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
I liked it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-12-20, 08:04 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
I don't like it
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

You missed me? I'M BACK!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2002-12-20, 08:11 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
LOL, now thats honesty!!

The first disc was actually not very good. They definitely should have started the game out with more of an attention getter to get the player motivated, but I pretty much went off of past experience, and I'm glad I did.

It gets really fun IMO, I liked it too!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-12-22, 10:30 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
I hated the first disc and the 4th disc... 2nd and 3rd... they are quite fun to play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2003-01-03, 03:44 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
Okay, here are my thoughts. The game was a lot of fun as soo as you get past the first disc. Now, I am still a fan of FF8, but I have to say that I liked FF9 better then 8. There, now I feel better. That's a load off my chest.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people asking a good question at the wrong time."

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StonedVegeta

Posted 2003-01-03, 04:04 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
I agree, FF9 was better than FF8. I think everyone agrees
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2003-01-03, 04:06 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
Dissagrees everyone has a right to their own opinion
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Makenshi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMakenshi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Makenshi

Posted 2003-01-04, 06:19 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
FF8 had great graphics but story was little less then decent..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2003-01-06, 06:43 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
Yes teh story of 8 was not so good as 9 but i don't like the style of the characters and few other things.
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2003-01-09, 01:22 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
I kinda liked the more realistic characters at first. Then I realized that it totally defeated the purpose of Final Fantasy. It is supposed to be fantasy.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

StonedVegeta

Posted 2003-01-16, 02:32 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
StonedVegeta said:
I kinda liked the more realistic characters at first. Then I realized that it totally defeated the purpose of Final Fantasy. It is supposed to be fantasy.
SOMEONE GIVE THIS GUY AN AWARD! I hated realistic characters in it... and therefore I loved the FF9 characters... who cares if its a monkey that talks, fights, and everything... its fantasy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2003-01-24, 03:17 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
Ah fighting monkies. That brings back horrible horrible memeories from the zoo. Oh wait, your talking about games. Okay.......Oh the monkies. Why oh why the monkies?

Oh yeah, and ps. I just bought a PS2, and the first game I bought and played was FFX. I beat it in 47 hours. It was freakin awesome. Except the endind. Last battle was way too easy. No challenge. Then the true ending where Tidus goes away. Talk about a build up. It was noting like I expected. I expected a lot more from the ending. I just hope FFX-2 is as good as the first, but with a better ending.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

StonedVegeta

Posted 2003-01-25, 01:27 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
Nice to see another enlightened member. FF9 is the cream of the crop. I admit, the 1st disk isn't initially too hot, but once you get into the meat of the story it blows everything else away. And frankly, after you've beaten the game, the 1st disk actually becomes quite fun to play through again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-01-25, 09:42 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
StonedVegeta said:
Ah fighting monkies. That brings back horrible horrible memeories from the zoo. Oh wait, your talking about games. Okay.......Oh the monkies. Why oh why the monkies?

Oh yeah, and ps. I just bought a PS2, and the first game I bought and played was FFX. I beat it in 47 hours. It was freakin awesome. Except the endind. Last battle was way too easy. No challenge. Then the true ending where Tidus goes away. Talk about a build up. It was noting like I expected. I expected a lot more from the ending. I just hope FFX-2 is as good as the first, but with a better ending.
Haha, I beat the boss of FFX in two hits without taking any damage.... speaking of easy .

The monster arena is hard as hell though.

And about FF8 and FF9... I thought FF9 rocked but FF8 was pretty bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHellmonkeys is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hellmonkeys

Posted 2003-01-25, 04:50 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
Every time I attempt at playing FF9 I get about 3/4 of the way through the first disc then I start chewing my fingers off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-01-28, 06:57 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
Yeah, first disc sucks. The rest of the game is awesome. I like beating a game, and then using gameshark to see how fast I can beat the game. I did with FF9, and I beat it in 10 hours. Same with FF X. I beat that in 14 hours with gameshark.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

StonedVegeta

Posted 2003-01-31, 05:34 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
StonedVegeta said:
Sorry to tell you this, but the only reason I was knocking FF9 was because I never got past the first disk. I am playing it now, and I will let you know what i think later.
are you 10 or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2003-02-01, 03:42 AM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
mightychicken said:
StonedVegeta said:
are you 10 or something?
look in his profile ....

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiDDaR

Posted 2003-02-01, 04:14 PM in reply to StonedVegeta's post "I have a confession..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights