Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

What Medication(s) are you prescribed to?
Posted 2007-08-07, 05:27 PM
Well.. the title says it, whether you just broke your arm and they gave you some Vicodin, or if you're out of controllably hyper and prescribed to concerta... what are you on?

Currently, for sleep, anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, they have me prescribed to Seroquel. Which is categorized as an "Anti-Psychotic"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine

It's also prescribed for Schizophrenia or if you're Bipolar.

It's the best sleep medication I've ever taken, I had a friend take 400 mgs and he didn't wake up for 2 days
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-08-07, 05:31 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "What Medication(s) are you prescribed..."
I've never taken medicine regularly other than antibiotics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-08-07, 08:06 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I've never taken medicine regularly..."
Adderall. Although since I'm not in college right now I don't take it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-07, 08:44 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Adderall. Although since I'm not in..."
I haven't visited a doctor in years (can't afford it), so who knows what I should be taking?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-07, 08:49 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I haven't visited a doctor in years..."
Nothing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-07, 10:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nothing."
im on a pill that cures the gay

(haha there is no pill, unless you count arsenic)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2007-08-07, 10:44 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "im on a pill that cures the gay ..."
Pray out the gay!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-08, 08:47 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I've never taken medicine regularly..."
GravitonSurge said:
I've never taken medicine regularly other than antibiotics.
Word.

Kids are pussies nowadays, needing pills for this and that. My kid won't be on any pills, thank you very much!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-08, 09:02 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Word. Kids are pussies nowadays,..."
I don't even like taking antibiotics. They fuck up your immune system.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-08, 10:28 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't even like taking antibiotics. ..."
Yep basically, I try and ride most things out. I do have High blood pressure so I'm sure one day i'll be on medication, but fuck that i'm trying to stay healthy so I won't have to pop pills every day... but none as of yet

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-08, 10:45 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "What Medication(s) are you prescribed..."
Haven't had any form of medication since I had antibiotics after having my tonsils out when I was three. Since then, nothing. Not even a paracetomal for a headache.

I dislike taking medicine, not because I hate it, but because I think it's best if the body fights the problem itself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-08, 11:28 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Haven't had any form of medication..."
Only thing I've needed was some sort of cream for my arm. Had a bug bite for a month that didn't go away, so I went in to see the doc.

I hope I get my wisdom teeth out, that way I can get a couple scripts of percocet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-08, 11:41 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Only thing I've needed was some sort of..."
They gave me generic hyrdrocodone. Doubt you get percocet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-08, 12:35 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "They gave me generic hyrdrocodone...."
Thanatos said:
They gave me generic hyrdrocodone. Doubt you get percocet.
Yeah, most people get hydrocodone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-08, 12:39 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "They gave me generic hyrdrocodone...."
I'm getting two pulled tomorrow. Don't know what I'll be getting for them. I don't really like taking Rx meds, anyway. It is frightening how many kids are overmedicated these days. Antibiotics for every sniffle, anti-depressants in liquid form for 5 year olds. It's pretty bad. Sometimes they do need the meds to stay alive (in very severe cases), but most often all we see is the result of the "take a pill and fix it" society. And I'm the pusher.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-08, 01:04 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I'm getting two pulled tomorrow. Don't..."
I agree with that. These days, for every little thing, you go to the doctor and get medication. Heck, you even get medication for made up things(ADD).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-08, 01:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I agree with that. These days, for..."
I wouldn't go as far as to say ADD or ADHD are completely "made up." I've definitely seen cases where prescriptions are necessary. I will agree that those medications (Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, etc.) are over-prescribed. In fact, one of my pharmacist friends has already said that she's going to put her 5 year-old on Ritalin during high-school, just to improve her chances of getting into a good college. I asked if her daughter medically needed it, and the short version of the answer was "no." That blew my fucking mind.

On a side note, I recently discovered that Freudian slips are possible when typing. I was waiting on this hot, HOT mommy at work, took her kid's Rx, walked over to the computer terminal to type it in, and proceeded to unwittingly type "Titalin."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-08, 01:14 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I wouldn't go as far as to say ADD or..."
ADD or ADHD may indeed be real, but I don't think they're like, a defect in the human brain. I think how a parent raises their kid will determine whether or not they have ADD or ADHD. ADD is pretty much a nice way of saying a kid is unruly, in my opinion, and that shouldn't be solved with medication.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-08, 01:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "ADD or ADHD may indeed be real, but I..."
Hyperactivity is one thing. I definitely think that lots of these kids just need to run around outside more and wear themselves out. However, in a classroom setting, some of them are simply incapable of concentrating and learning. If taking a pill will make the difference between productive classtime and generally disruptive insanity, then I'm all for the pill.
I guess my point is that these cases genuinely occur perhaps once per classroom. If you look at the prescription records, though, I'd say it's closer to a 5 per classroom ratio, on average (perhaps more). That's just unnecessary.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-08, 01:25 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Hyperactivity is one thing. I..."
Until someone can prove to me somehow that a kid not being able to pay attention is a disorder, I'll believe otherwise. I think if a kid can't pay attention in class(for example, if they talk a lot, don't do their work, run around the room screaming, etc,) I can only assume it's because of how they were raised(or not raised, I suppose.)

Now, what you're describing sounds more like dyslexia, which can't be fixed with a pill, as far as I know. If a kid has trouble concentrating and learning, I would suspect there's more at work than simple behavioral problems, and I would look more into learning disabilities such as dyslexia.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!