Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Diet and Eating Habits
Posted 2013-01-29, 06:24 PM
What are some of your staple foods each day? How do you budget out your food groups? Do you take supplements?

During breakfast I try to have a bowl of cereal, a couple of pieces of fruit, and a yogurt.

Lunchtime usually brings a sandwich with some sort of salad that I have whipped up.

Suppertime is where I pig out on some form of meat, veggies, and either biscuits or tater tots.

I usually drink one 20 oz. pop every other day. The rest is either juice, water, or milk. I take a Men's One-A-Day, Omega-3 pill, and 1000mg Vitamin C pill each day.

I eat out maybe twice a month.

On occasion I supplement whey protein so that I can build muscle and maintain a heavier weight. If I don't eat at least 3,000 calories a day I usually lose weight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-01-29, 07:18 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Diet and Eating Habits"
In terms of body type we are essentially opposites. I have been avoiding sugar for a while now, I operate better on fats. I am most wary of fructose. **

Breakfast is something like eggs, cheese, salsa, turkey sausage.
Lunch is similar, usually leftovers. A turkey sandwich, chicken from dinner.
Dinner is whatever meat and veggies I feel like making.
Snacks can be full fat greek yogurt, meats, cheeses or nuts.

My cholesterol and blood pressure are both good, if you're worried about high fat diets.

** "In animals, or at least in laboratory rats and mice, it’s clear that if the fructose hits the liver in sufficient quantity and with sufficient speed, the liver will convert much of it to fat. This apparently induces a condition known as insulin resistance, which is now considered the fundamental problem in obesity, and the underlying defect in heart disease and in the type of diabetes, type 2, that is common to obese and overweight individuals. It might also be the underlying defect in many cancers." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/ma...anted=all&_r=0 If you're interested.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2013-01-29, 08:08 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "In terms of body type we are..."
nytimes is a reputable medical journal
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-01-30, 10:05 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "nytimes is a reputable medical journal"
I wake up everyday and the first thing that goes in my system is a few vicodins. After a 20 minute shower I drink a cup of coffee and just keep doing that all day and don't eat till damn near 2 or 3... my diet is fucked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2013-01-30, 07:08 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "I wake up everyday and the first thing..."
Addiction hitting you hard or is this for pleasure?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-01-31, 05:07 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Addiction hitting you hard or is this..."
Most likely addiction, but I tell myself it's pleasure. I've quit about 4 times in the past 6 months just to test my self-control and see if I can acctually do it, but I relapse and tell myself that "I can quit anytime I want". At it's finest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2013-01-31, 08:50 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Most likely addiction, but I tell..."
Hopefully you can trick your brain into thinking that it's pleasure. Drugs are supposed to be fun and not need to keep your body from convulsing and the like.

------------------------

I plan on eating more proteins and dairy to build muscle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-01-31, 09:05 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Hopefully you can trick your brain into..."
I've been drinking about a gallon of 2% milk every 2-3 days, subbing in whole sometimes. I make pretty poor diet choices overall, though, mostly related to portion control. Fortunately, I don't really show it (other than maybe some skin problems) but I'm sure it's doing terrible things for my health. I've been trying to make an effort to at least eat healthy things, but I still eat binge style for the most part. I rarely eat breakfast, my "breakfast" is usually junk food out of the vending machines at work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-01-31, 10:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've been drinking about a gallon of 2%..."
I'd be lost without a good breakfast. I love having a big healthy breakfast right after my morning workout session. It's also a reason to not drink caffeine.

-------------------------------------------

I remember while I was working at a gas station that the most common breakfast was Mt. Dew, Snickers, and Marlboro Reds. This was mostly construction workers in the summer. You'd get the occasional coffee and Little Debbies occasionally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven