Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

wut
Posted 2008-09-24, 08:01 AM
I assume it's just so we can see who has been at 100% activity for the longest? Oh and the Rick Astley part was me. I felt like something needed to be put in the blank space.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg activity.JPG (255.9 KB, 20 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-24, 09:20 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "wut"
Yea, It's used to show how long x member has been @ 100%. A simple "xx days @ 100%" would have worked as well. The '-' is the only part throwing people off I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-24, 09:25 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Yea, It's used to show how long x..."
I wonder how hard it would be to make it say "Blah Blah days at 100%" instead. It looks kinda sloppy as is.

WW nigger rigged the activity list.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-24, 09:31 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I wonder how hard it would be to make..."
I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. It's a load hog. If KA was at 100%, it would retrieve all 18000 posts, consider what days they were made on and figure out when the last day with less than 4 was. And actually, no, from work I could not propperly fix it like you suggest, because debug mode was required. I figured that it would be pretty clear what it meant, anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-24, 01:30 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. ..."
Properly?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-09-24, 02:12 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. ..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. It's a load hog. If KA was at 100%, it would retrieve all 18000 posts, consider what days they were made on and figure out when the last day with less than 4 was. And actually, no, from work I could not propperly fix it like you suggest, because debug mode was required. I figured that it would be pretty clear what it meant, anyway.

Every time the page loads? If so, why not perform a daily cron job / crontab to retrieve the data?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-09-25, 07:24 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "wut"
I didn't realize I had more seniority than Lenny until I hit 100%. I tend not to observe these things...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-25, 10:53 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I didn't realize I had more seniority..."
All you've got on me is a year and that uterus thingy. Other than that, nada.

---

I don't see why "-XX days to 100%) is confusing people. If a positive number is the days left until you hit 100% then it's logical that the negative number is the number of days since you hit 100%.

---

If I remember rightly, activity is done daily, yes? Why not update the stats page at the same time (a daily job, like Chruser suggested)? It would be a sensible time to do it, and seeing as it's activity based it would be a sensible group of processes to carry out. You can even bundle the two together and release a new activity hack.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-09-25, 10:55 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "All you've got on me is a year and that..."
Thanks for the giggle, Lenny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-25, 11:09 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "All you've got on me is a year and that..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
I don't see why "-XX days to 100%) is confusing people. If a positive number is the days left until you hit 100% then it's logical that the negative number is the number of days since you hit 100%.
I don't think it's confusing at all. I just think it's kind of a lazy way to show how many days someone has been at 100%.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-25, 12:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "All you've got on me is a year and that..."
It is only done once a day. The issue is that the load for computing one user's time at 100% can be as much as the load to compute the activity for all users with activity above 0%.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-25, 01:05 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "All you've got on me is a year and that..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Those of us who are less intelligent or brand new members, Not me btw, could think that it means that Lenny, for instance, has 49 days of not posting and not coming before he drops down past 100%
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-25, 02:23 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Those of us who are less intelligent or..."
Eh, take away the "-" and change "to" to "at". At that point if anyone gets confused its on them. Why does this matter again?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-25, 03:15 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Eh, take away the "-" and change "to"..."
Bekause yer mother eats MEET BAWLS!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-09-25, 05:00 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Bekause yer mother eats MEET BAWLS!"
Exactly my point! Thanks Spector
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin