Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Dreams
Posted 2005-07-28, 12:15 PM
What do you think of dreams? Phsyical dreams, I mean, not aspirations.

I don't dream much, and when I do they're usually segmented and blurry. However, I've had 2 dreams in the past few days that were both very clear and lifelike. Both evoked strong emotions during and after the dreams, and I remember them distinctly. I've been thinking about them a lot.

Do you think dreams signify emotions and ideas that we don't acknowledge or even flat out deny in a consious state of mind?

Do you think dreams represent thoughts in our subconsious mind that simply don't surface otherwise, that they are simply the bubbling up of thoughts?

Do you think dreams are simply the ramblings of an unhibited mind?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-07-28, 12:16 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Dreams"
I think that dreams can occasionally hold some meaning, but the majority of the time it's just your brain's way of going "testing, testing, 1,2,3..."

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-07-28, 12:41 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Dreams"
Medieval Bob said:
Do you think dreams represent thoughts in our subconsious mind that simply don't surface otherwise, that they are simply the bubbling up of thoughts?

Thats what I think. Or... that dreams are basically all of our thoughts from the day both expressed and not put into a visual form.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2005-07-28, 01:55 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Thats what I think. Or... that dreams..."
I think every dream has a meaning. Whether or not it is important or profound is different.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2005-07-28, 02:31 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I think every dream has a meaning. ..."
I don't think that dreams necessarily mean anything important. Yesterday and day-before yesterday I had similar dreams, which I've been thinking about quite a bit, but I don't think they mean anything. Perhaps they have something to do with what we want, based around our emotions, but I also believe there's a whole bunch of randomness involved.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-07-28, 03:15 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't think that dreams necessarily..."
I have lucid dreams whenever I want so dreams are just my way of experiencing something crazy or something I've never experienced before, or just escaping from reality. As for normal dreams I've had, I guess they are just randomness. Mine are anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-07-28, 03:25 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Dreams"
I see the future in alot of my dreams.
No B.S. I really do, at the time of waking though I never really KNOW if the dream is going to happen to me or not, but many times I've done something and realized that I had dreamt that exact same situation. This is no just deja vu either. Now the real question that comes into play though is, if I can see the future sometimes in my dreams and say just 1 time I recogize the situation before the majority of the dream has happend. I have the power to change whats going to happen, or... I could continue on down the dreamt path. If I did decide to differ from my dream, I wouldn't have seen the future then would I?

I've just thought about this all recently because a month or so ago I had a dream that I was at work, and one of the Coke machines gave me extra change back when I pressed the change return button. So.. I kept doing it until I had a couple dollars. Then a few weeks after that, I was at work and the machine gave me extra change. I thought to myself Holy shit. I dreamed this, so I kept doing it, until I got a few bucks. This isn't the first time it's happend, but it is the first time I've realized I had a dream about the current situation and had the choice to change it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-07-28, 03:48 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I see the future in alot of my dreams...."
No more of these dream threads, please. All people throw into them is just a bunch of "philosophy" and pseudoscience into something that's meaningless anyway.

The people who think dreams actually hold some kind of untapped meaning are the same people who sit around watching anime and think with enough concentration, anyone can shoot ki blasts or whatever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-07-29, 09:10 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "No more of these dream threads, please...."
Last night I had a dream that I was Wolverine but i could turn invisible and that one blue lady who could change forms was chasing me all around a hospital. It was confusing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-07-29, 01:04 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "Last night I had a dream that I was..."
I read somewhere that you actaully dream multiple times a night, and that your dreams develop by associating one thing with another, much like your normal thought patterns. It makes sense to me.

I don't ussually remember my dreams.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nothing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNothing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nothing

Posted 2005-07-29, 01:10 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I see the future in alot of my dreams...."
I see the future all the time- It really freaks me out cause im like when have i been here before. I rarely remember them but little points about it or the people i am around can set it off at any time. Also, certain dreams happen when u have had a rough day, sorta like your mind is telling you that your physical and mental body is spent from that day. For example- u are in the hospital seeing a relative all day and your emotions are sad and mad. Later that night, you dream about that hospital and how u remember being mad and sad. Its the sub concious that sets it off
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-07-29, 01:52 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I see the future all the time- It..."
Dreams are unconscious thoughts or feelings expressed in a "visual" manner. The reason it is visual is because the brain projects it. In psych we are currently keeping a dreamlog. But I just havn't had any dreams as of late. We are supposed to keep a notepad by our bed and when we wake up keep our eyes closed and try to remember more about a dream. You forget everything you dreamed (all the details at least) within about 5-10 seconds after you wake up.

Anyway, for me personally, I think dreams hold some signifgance. If you read into them you might find out something about yourself that you never new before and that could open you up to new things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-07-30, 04:06 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Dreams are unconscious thoughts or..."
I rarely forget the details of my dreams...for some reason I can remember dreams I've had not only a couple of days ago but months ago...and I can remember most of it. And they usually all come out in the things I write. Read The Way of the Imp and you will find lots of traces of my dreams in there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-07, 06:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I rarely forget the details of my..."
I can't tell you the number of times I've been dreaming and I've killed someone, or maybe I had a kid, or I had to get a leg amputated, something that's a lifechanging event, and I'm always thinking, "I've really fucked up now, my life is ruined" and then I wake up and I'm so relieved. I have these sort of dreams all the time and they are very lifelike, especially the ones where I kill someone.

But what do I think dreams are? What I read somewhere(yes I can read, I read the post title didn't I?), is that dreams are made from different still images which your brain puts together like like a storyboard, then your tries to "animate" the story by filling in the rest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM