Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

The Village (The movie) **May contain Spoilers from replys**
Posted 2004-07-30, 09:20 PM
Okay, just got back from this movie, and my god! what a crock of shit!
it sucked so bad i wanted to die!
that is all......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kidagakash

Posted 2004-07-30, 09:20 PM in reply to Kidagakash's post "The Village (The movie) **May contain..."
Moved to media.

What the hell is this movie even about. I havn't even heard of it .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-30, 09:34 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Moved to media. What the hell is..."
it's the scary movie right? I wanted to see it until I saw the reviews.. uhg 1 outta 5 stars
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-07-30, 11:25 PM in reply to Kidagakash's post "The Village (The movie) **May contain..."
Hmm, my friend saw it and said he liked it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-07-31, 12:00 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Hmm, my friend saw it and said he liked..."
It looks pretty good to me. I like that guys movies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-07-31, 01:13 AM in reply to platnum's post starting "It looks pretty good to me. I like..."
platnum said:
It looks pretty good to me. I like that guys movies.
its nothing like signs. its okay for a bit, then the plot turns and you find yourself saying "damn this movie sucks, what a waste of time a money"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKidagakash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kidagakash

Posted 2004-07-31, 06:45 AM in reply to Kidagakash's post starting "its nothing like signs. its okay for a..."
I've read a few reviews for it and the two biggest complaints appear to be that most of the dialogue seems very forced and stiff (a writing flaw, not an acting flaw) and that the entire movie just seems like a mishmash of other people's work. I might go see it, but I don't plan on it. I was marginally entertained by The 6th Sense, I never saw all of Unbreakable (but have heard awful things about it) and I honestly did not like Signs. My opinion of M. Night Shyamalan is that he creates visually interesting but boring-ass movies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-07-31, 08:32 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I've read a few reviews for it and the..."
Hmm, it looks good to me...

I heard something though...

that there were no monsters and that the elders were trying to keep them from wandering out because they were in the modern day and living in a wildlife preserve
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-07-31, 11:34 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Hmm, it looks good to me... I heard..."
[QUOTE=KagomJack]Hmm, it looks good to me...
I heard something though...
[QUOTE]

your right, thats how it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kidagakash

Posted 2004-07-31, 11:36 AM in reply to Kidagakash's post starting "[QUOTE=KagomJack]Hmm, it looks good to..."
DAMMIT! >: Someone's gonna die for telling me the ending

Well, still sounds good to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-08-02, 08:04 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "DAMMIT! >: Someone's gonna die for..."
It really was a good movie!!! Great acting OMG great acting! And the writing was like that for the period they were in...I did call it right when I saw the first creature though...I loved it!
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2004-08-02, 08:55 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "It really was a good movie!!! Great..."
I thought it was a excellent movie. I personally loved it. The only thing I didn't like was Segourney (Sp?) Weaver's acting. I thought it was horrible. But other than that, I loved it alot! But, it seems that it is one of those movies that get reviews all over the map.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-08-02, 09:00 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "I thought it was a excellent movie. I..."
I moderately liked The Sixth Sense. I liked Signs. I hated Unbreakable.

This was a good movie. I enjoyed it and fail to see what it is that people are bitching about.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-08-02, 11:12 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "I moderately liked The Sixth Sense. I..."
You didn't like Weavers acting??? I thought she was very very good! It's the period acting...that's it...it was monotoned and a little dry because that's what the period was...they didn't have very much emotion because they had been hurt by emotions in the past...
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2004-08-02, 12:36 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "You didn't like Weavers acting??? I..."
It was just nasty. It sounded like she was just exactly repeating what she had read in the script 30 seconds earlier. Joaquin Phoenix, Bryce Dallas Howard and Adrien Brody did a kick ass job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-08-02, 02:31 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "It was just nasty. It sounded like she..."
I think it was just her character.
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18