Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Question Intelligence scale?
Posted 2008-03-11, 11:09 AM
Let's say that somebody has relatively low reading comprehension, does that make them a less intelligent person? Let's say that their thoughts are not accurately translating onto paper/words on the internet as it is going on in their head, does that really make them less intelligent?

I myself have horrible reading comprehension, as has been defined by my Elementary/Jr High/High School, even in College they have noticed that it has to be worked on, and should've been worked on from a long time ago, but I've always been highly intelligent compared to the rest of the students, just when I go to write and spell-out my thoughts they just aren't displayed right.

Now, this brings me to my point, would this really make a person less intelligent? I feel that it shouldn't and that it should be primarily based on their actual opinions and views on things, rather than how it's brought out that should matter, eloquence shouldn't be the primary scale for intelligence, which seems to be the case in many cases.

Thoughts?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-11, 11:11 AM in reply to D3V's post "Intelligence scale?"
It could be a sign of ignorance. If you are intelligent, there is really no excuse for not just picking up a ton of books and reading them. Not only will you expand your horizons, but your reading comprehension would increase as a result.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-11, 11:18 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "It could be a sign of ignorance. If you..."
Quote:
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе]It could be a sign of ignorance. If you are intelligent, there is really no excuse for not just picking up a ton of books and reading them. Not only will you expand your horizons, but your reading comprehension would increase as a result.
You do know there is a difference between intelligence and being educated? You can be intelligent and not educated, intelligence is the scale on how you pick up on things and understand them.

My whole point is not reading in an entirety, but should the be judged and scaled in that matter?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-11, 11:25 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "You do know there is a difference..."
Why would an intelligent person want to be educated? Intelligence begets intellectual curiosity. Without that, you're just an average joe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-11, 04:54 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Why would an intelligent person want to..."
im kinda the same way. i can read and shit, but my writing isnt that good. i mean i work at it, i really do, but its just so hard and doesnt make sense alot of the time. id what it is
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-03-13, 09:02 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "im kinda the same way. i can read and..."
I think that comprehension is closely linked to intelligence, if one cannot understand what they are reading, I would think they would be less able to comprehend other things aswell.

Education and intelligence, not related.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome