Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Who should be President of the USA in 2008?
Hillary Clinton 1 5.56%
John McCain 0 0%
Other 8 44.44%
Barack Obama 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2007-04-20, 01:52 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I will vote for Obama."
Next year will be the first year I'll be able to vote. Yay, I can make a difference.. not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-20, 03:34 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Next year will be the first year I'll..."
Nah, don't have that attitude.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-20, 03:46 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Nah, don't have that attitude."
GravitonSurge said:
Nah, don't have that attitude.
Well, I hate actually saying this, but Jizmo does have a point. I hate saying it because then it discourages other people from voting as well, and that's not my intent, but I honestly do think that Jizmo's sentiments are more or less correct on this subject.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-20, 03:47 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Well, I hate actually saying this, but..."
Also, switch mine to Obama por favor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-20, 04:28 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Who Will You Vote For?"
Giuliani. I can't stand anyone else that is running.

I like McCain, but it's time to get out of Iraq and either bring them home, or go to Iran.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-04-23, 08:20 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Also, switch mine to Obama por favor."
xMf_SorCx will never make a difference in voting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-04-23, 02:18 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "xMf_SorCx will never make a difference..."
Obama will be the next president. I don't know about your area, but in Daytona Beach when they open the polls, I saw a select few black people actually vote. Now, with Obama running the entire black population here will be voting just for the sake of making him the first black president. Him being against the war in Iraq is definately a nice little bonus too though, my vote's for Obama.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JoshTheftAuto is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJoshTheftAuto is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JoshTheftAuto

Posted 2007-04-23, 04:00 PM in reply to JoshTheftAuto's post starting "Obama will be the next president. I..."
I honestly think that having Obama run as a democrat is the worst thing democrats can do. Not cause I think he is a bad candidate, in fact he is the best candidate seriously in the race right now in my opinion, however I don't think America is ready for a black president. Yes, Obama will have virtually the entire black vote and he will get the vote of the hardcore liberals as well, but the fact that he is black is going to scare off many of the more moderate democrats, will definitely pull anyone in the middle towards the republican side, and will make sure that those who generally vote republican but can be swayed in some circumstances also vote republican. The black vote alone is not going to make up for the lost votes. All the democrats need to do is send a white, heterosexual, male, protestant candidate and they should win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-23, 04:01 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "xMf_SorCx will never make a difference..."
Titusfied said:
xMf_SorCx will never make a difference in voting.
What ever happend to him/her? Is that Darwin?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-23, 04:54 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I honestly think that having Obama run..."
mjordan2nd said:
I honestly think that having Obama run as a democrat is the worst thing democrats can do. Not cause I think he is a bad candidate, in fact he is the best candidate seriously in the race right now in my opinion, however I don't think America is ready for a black president. Yes, Obama will have virtually the entire black vote and he will get the vote of the hardcore liberals as well, but the fact that he is black is going to scare off many of the more moderate democrats, will definitely pull anyone in the middle towards the republican side, and will make sure that those who generally vote republican but can be swayed in some circumstances also vote republican. The black vote alone is not going to make up for the lost votes. All the democrats need to do is send a white, heterosexual, male, protestant candidate and they should win.
Sad truth. I'd vote for Obama myself, but he's not really going to have a fair shot imo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-23, 06:56 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I honestly think that having Obama run..."
mjordan2nd said:
I disagree with this. It's not politically correct to separate candidates by gender and race. Who's votes would he really not be getting just based on his skin color?

The white southern Christian republicans? Like they are going to vote for democrats in the first place?

Moderates, if they are really moderate, are not going to vote against him because he is black.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2007-04-23 at 06:58 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-23, 07:12 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I disagree with this. It's not..."
I would vote for anyone that is qualified for it, regardless of race, gender, and religion. Except Mitt Romney because he's a fucking mormon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-24, 08:39 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Sad truth. I'd vote for Obama myself,..."
Vollstrecker said:
Sad truth. I'd vote for Obama myself, but he's not really going to have a fair shot imo.
I think he has a shot, even republicans are fed up with the republican side at the moment. I'm even a republican, but Bush does not represent what a true republican is. Obama will do a lot of good as president, then we can have Hillary for president after that so we can have a black and a woman president consecutively and piss off the older people lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JoshTheftAuto is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJoshTheftAuto is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JoshTheftAuto

Posted 2007-04-24, 02:13 PM in reply to JoshTheftAuto's post starting "I think he has a shot, even republicans..."
I'm all for Obama if he legalized herb.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo