Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: What will the "new Final Fantasy game nobody knows about"?
FFVII remake...we all know it's coming 8 61.54%
FFVII-2: The Revenge of Sephiroth 0 0%
It's not related to FFVII 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2007-12-19, 09:49 PM in reply to Mr. No Name's post starting "They should make a version of FFT. Now..."
Tactics doesn't count as a Final Fantasy game. Same with FFX-2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-12-19, 09:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Tactics doesn't count as a Final..."
I'm afraid Tactics and FFX-2 are both Final Fantasy games simply because of being set in the same universes as games you choose to acknowledge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-12-19, 10:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'm afraid Tactics and FFX-2 are both..."
Opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-12-20, 07:27 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Opinion."
So you're saying that a game can be set a Final Fantasy universe without being a Final Fantasy game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-12-23, 10:34 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "So you're saying that a game can be set..."
Actually, you both have valid points.

The fact is, Final Fantasy Tactics and X-2 both contain and revolve around core Final Fantasy elements. Chocobos, Moogles, series-specific art signatures (like the standard Black Mage design), character classes, spells, weapons, you name it. Both games use these things frequently, and as such, share a very strong tie to the Final Fantasy universe beyond the title.

On the other hand, what is there to make of a game like Vagrant Story? That particular title is set in Ivalice, the exact same world as every FF Tactics game and both FFXII titles. However, Vagrant Story shares nothing in common with Final Fantasy beyond the world in question. Just because its set in a pre-determined Final Fantasy world, does that make it a Final Fantasy game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2007-12-24, 01:46 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Actually, you both have valid points. ..."
How existentialist!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-12-26, 12:21 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "How existentialist!"
Yes. Yes, I know.

Wanna make out?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2007-12-26, 02:39 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Yes. Yes, I know. Wanna make out?"
No.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-12-27, 05:36 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "No....."
I refuse to believe that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2008-02-19, 08:38 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I refuse to believe that."
As for the FFVII Remake... i truly am against it.... Why mess with something that is already amazing. For those wanting just the graphical update... you wont get just that. They will alter parts of the game if they re-make it. Such as they did to Final Fantasy Tactics(The PsP Version). They changed the names of the characters around. As for weather or not Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy X-2 are actual final fantasy games is purely opinion. Everyone one has one, personally i think they are. X-2 (Although not the best game in the FF series by far) Should be considered a final fantasy because wasn't it the first FF to be made as a sequel to a previous final fantasy dictacting events after ff-x.. Tactics should be considered a Final Fantasy game because of the fact that it takes place in Ivalice. (Not sure if it was the first ff to have the ivalice name.) And thus Ivalice became the world in FFXII. The fact that FFT was an amazing game with a few translation errors (e.x. "Defeat Dycedarg's Elder Brother") The story line in itself was good, the battle system completely amazing. So in conclusion. If Squenix decides to re-make FFVII they will do more to it then just a graphical update. And with every Pro that gets added to it, a con will come by to overshadow the pro. Should FFT and FFX-2 be considered a final fantasy? Sure... There both decent games. (I never beat x-2 but i got pretty far in it.) Tactics because you could pick it up right now and play it and enjoy yourself. and of course, the fore-mentioned reasons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-02-19, 10:39 AM in reply to Coriander's post starting "As for the FFVII Remake... i truly am..."
I've already experienced the BS that is the updates to the original FF, but I still hold the hope that they can improve VII. My biggest complaint with VII is not the graphics, but how hard it is to move about the world because of them. Too many times I couldn't seem to get Cloud to go where I wanted, even though I knew I could go there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-02-19, 01:56 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I've already experienced the BS that is..."
I agree with WW. I'm not a purist, being one would be a bad thing in my opinion, so I don't think it's wrong to change the game around to make it easier, or even possible, to play.

The graphics were actually pretty good, but I would still like a graphical update. Who cares if they change stuff like dialogue? If you're that concerned then just play the original again. Personally, I think Squenix should have made the characters sprites originally. I'm not too confident in Squenix's spriting ability, though, so new 3d would be well appreciated.

----------------------

And I think that Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy X-2 are Final Fantasies.

----------------------

I'm biased not to like the later 3d Final Fantasy games anyway, so "meh". They're mediocre, at best. They were in their prime when they were in 2d. They should have kept it up.

I'm looking forward to XIII, though. Only because the game play footage looked so totally awesome.

----------------------

I've heard good things about the new Chrystal Chronicles game for DS. I liked everything about the GCN one, except that the gameplay was tailored to a GBA control scheme at all times.

DS should fix some things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-19, 06:40 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "As for the FFVII Remake... i truly am..."
There is not going to be a FF 7 remake. At least not yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-19, 06:44 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "There is not going to be a FF 7 remake...."
Give Squenix 10 more years. They'll do it. If they can keep producing games on an scheduled basis, FFVII will be like FFI is now.

Oh no I'll be 25 and will have spent more time playing games than eating
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-20, 06:56 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Give Squenix 10 more years. They'll do..."
All they seem to do is make more and more FF games. I am not surprised about a new FF game and would be less surprised by another remake. I have only played FFIII for the DS but due to what my friends say:
I think that FFT and FFX are FF games. Why not? They are all called "Final Fantasy". Are they not?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-02-23, 06:16 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "All they seem to do is make more and..."
Final Fantasy VII should be being developed for the DS pretty damn soon, as VI 3D is already underway.

I don't think the DS 3D does much justice to the amazing artists behind a lot of the RPGs for the system.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-24, 07:23 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Final Fantasy VII should be being..."
FFVII is not going to be remade for a looooong time. The reason? Have a nosey at this:

http://www.squareunion.com/site.php?...Open+Up&id=102

Basically, if it is going to happen, it only will when the development schedules of the original 1997 team clean up... which means that Nomura will need to finish with FF Vs. XIII, the three KH projects, and probably the next KH for consoles before he thinks about FFVII. So that's going to be, what, a decade?

---

Methinks I'll post a couple of threads on the new Final Fantasy's. Nero Angelo's threads were horribly incomplete, and I'd like to start anew. Yeah.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-02-24, 10:53 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "All they seem to do is make more and..."
Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy X-2 are Final Fantasy games. There should not even be a debate about that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-03-21, 11:27 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy..."
I'd be cool with a FF7 remake, but apparently one may never be made, which I'm also cool with.

See the Final Fantasy's I liked the concept, but I only ever beat FF10. I played 7, 8, and 9. I just was so horrible at them back then. Maybe I should try to beat them one of these days. The soundtrack on those games were always stellar. I think I may go play them one of these days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2008-03-22, 09:06 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "I'd be cool with a FF7 remake, but..."
8 was pretty easy. All you had to do was junction lots of spells and never use them and your characters would be overpowered.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired