Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: What will the "new Final Fantasy game nobody knows about"?
FFVII remake...we all know it's coming 8 61.54%
FFVII-2: The Revenge of Sephiroth 0 0%
It's not related to FFVII 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

A New FF! ...who cares?
Posted 2007-04-16, 03:15 PM
With the crapload that is the FFVII Compilation, all the remakes like FFVI Advanced, FFX-2...does it seem like these days that when Square announces a "new FF!" that it doesn't have th esame impact on you that it would have before all those things mentioned?

On a related note...
Quote:
The ad mentions the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy's debut, and lists all Final Fantasy games currently in development, with two exceptions: the DS-based Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and a new "Final Fantasy game that nobody knows about." This mysterious title is set to debut at the Square Enix Party 2007.
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1097.html

SQUARE ENIX PARTY 2007 ANNOUNCED FOR MAY 12-13, 2007 | SQUARE ENIX

Last edited by Kuja`s #1; 2007-04-16 at 03:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:26 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "A New FF! ...who cares?"
I highly doubt it will be another VII spinoff. Although...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:37 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I highly doubt it will be another VII..."
What if it's a PS3 re-make of VII?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:41 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What if it's a PS3 re-make of VII?"
Gods hope it is... but Squenix have denied it for months.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-16, 06:45 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Gods hope it is... but Squenix have..."
That I would enjoy, however much I think they're overdoing it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-17, 01:52 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "A New FF! ...who cares?"
Probably going to be a FFVII remake...but...I do so want FFVI to be remade. That would be...like...orgasmically awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-04-17, 01:56 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Probably going to be a FFVII..."
I hope it's an FFVII remake simply because it's such a great game but I can't talk Nikki into watching me play because it looks crappy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-17, 02:05 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "A New FF! ...who cares?"
I'm really hoping its a FFVII remake, so I can play it ten years from now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-17, 02:27 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I'm really hoping its a FFVII remake,..."
GravitonSurge said:
I'm really hoping its a FFVII remake, so I can play it ten years from now.
Same, however my reasoning would be that it would take me that long just to get a PS3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-17, 02:32 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Same, however my reasoning would be..."
A price drop has been predicted by quite a number of analysts for around Christmas, but only by $100 or so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-17, 02:45 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "A price drop has been predicted by..."
I'm a lazy bugger. I wouldn't want to buy one until I'm done all the PS2 RPG's anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-17, 02:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "A price drop has been predicted by..."
Most likely, they'll take the Playstation 2 out of the PS3 when they reduce the price. This is one reason that I decided to buy it earlier rather than later. The other was to get my PSN ID before it gets taken...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-01, 03:25 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Most likely, they'll take the..."
I really hope they remake it, that game was way too good.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2007-05-01, 10:33 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I really hope they remake it, that game..."
Is this series still just on playstation?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-01, 04:10 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Is this series still just on..."
No its been PS2 for a while now.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2007-05-01, 04:21 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I really hope they remake it, that game..."
The main games have never left the PlayStation brand (I suppose you can count FFXI as it was on the PS2, even though it was on other platforms too). And with FFXIII it's still with the PS brand.

However, Squenix have released spin-off games that have been on
other platforms, and look as though they may do the same with FFXIII.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-01, 07:34 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What if it's a PS3 re-make of VII?"
There's been rumors of a FF VII remake since the launch of the PS2 way back when. No one should get their hopes up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-05-01, 08:47 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "There's been rumors of a FF VII remake..."
Yeah, but now they've spent money on assets that they could capitalize on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-01, 09:25 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yeah, but now they've spent money on..."
Sure, but if they remake it, I forsee sell-out to the max (niggard the fact they ARE half-way there).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-12-19, 07:26 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Sure, but if they remake it, I forsee..."
They should make a version of FFT. Now I know that for this statement I could be killed by the super FFT haters, but I think that it was good in the lines of strategy and over-all funness. If they made a new version, that would rock.
There are 10 kind of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr. No Name is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr. No Name is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr. No Name