Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2007-04-16, 09:19 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yea, but Vader wasn't exactly weak on..."
mjordan2nd said:
Yea, but Vader wasn't exactly weak on such things either.
Possibly, we have no basis to measure strength of will against them though. It was said that Voldemort had put many powerful wizards and witches under the Imperius curse though, which would imply that he may be a match for Palpatine in that department.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-17, 08:57 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Possibly, we have no basis to measure..."
Well..i was keeping this strictly to the movies but if we want to use the books (Expanded Universe) there's no real way at all Voldemort can win. Palpatine was insanely strong in books. In terms of precisiona nd skill, he effortlessly traced and outline with Darth Maul using his lightsaber and if Maul had so much as twitched, he would hav ebeen sliced to bits. He annihilated 100 stromtroopers (augmented stromies no less) with one effortless blast of Force lightning.

He buried, using the Force, a Super Star Destroyer named the Lusankya. The Lusankya has a length of 19 kilometers which this one site says is almost 12 miles. He picked that up, buried it beneath the planet, then mindraped everyone on Coruscant to forget.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-17, 09:44 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Well..i was keeping this strictly to..."
You can't keep strictly to the Voldemort from the films, because he's had a total screentime of probably an hour compared to however many hours of Palpatine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-17, 10:31 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You can't keep strictly to the..."
I said Palpatine from the movies. You can use BooK Voldemort.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-17, 10:54 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "I said Palpatine from the movies. You..."
I've always thought of Palpatine as a powerful being as far as his control over people and the force goes. He's a mastermind, pretty much. Unfortunately for him, Voldemort would not be one to be controlled.

Almost certainly, Voldemort could absolutely dominate Palpatine with non-spoken spells, and Palpatine would not be able to know it's coming. The arguement that Palpatine could read Voldemort's mind was suggested earlier, but it simply wouldn't happen. It's not even certain that Palpatine CAN read minds, and even if he can, it's very doubtful that he would be good enough at it to get through Voldemort's mental defenses.

As far as Palpatine's other powers go(force powers), compared to what Voldemort can do, they're pretty much just parlor tricks. Most likely Voldemort could simple just shield himself from whatever sort of "magic" Palpatine tries to use.

As badass as Palpatine is, most of his skills would not serve him well in a fight with Voldemort. Voldemort would be victorious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-17, 01:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've always thought of Palpatine as a..."
Parlor tricks to what Voldemort can do?

Palpatine can rip Senate Pods out of their durasteel restraints, lift 3 of them up in the air and throw them..with ease. .Each one is about the size of a car. We saw how fast Yoda is but where is it even suggested anyone in Hp is that agile? If Palpatine starts chucking things at Voldemort, he can of course apperate but precog kinda renders "poof and I'm here" useless.

Also, Force lightning and Force choke are far more impressive than turning "fiery rope" into a snake.

Also, even non-spoken spells can be dodged. There's also the nasty business of Palpatine just yanking Voldemort's wand away and breaking it in half. Voldemort has nothing to counter it...unless you can provide an instance he resisted this?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-17, 04:44 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Parlor tricks to what Voldemort can do?..."
I'm a bit unfamiliar with 'Book Palpatine', so I'll have to take your descriptions at face value.

Precog didn't exactly work out too well for the Emperor in the movies though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker