Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Emperor Palpatine vs. Lord Voldemort
Posted 2007-04-16, 03:00 PM
The terror of the Wizarding World...the most powerful dark wizard in a century.. i give you Lord Voldemort! (the "t" was siletn originally, according to the audio versions of the books)

He squares off against the only Sith in history to successufly eliminate the Jedi and conquer the galaxy...the man who seduced Darth Emo (The Chosen One who would destroy the Sith) to the dark side...the brutal despot of the Star Wars Galaxy, Emperor Palpatine!

First round is a Beauty Contest.

Then an all-out brawl.

It's really weird...some people actually think an HP Wizard could take a high-end Sith or Jedi...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-16, 03:03 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Emperor Palpatine vs. Lord Voldemort"
Palpatine. He'd make the wizard choke himself to death before he could utter a word .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-16, 03:10 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Palpatine. He'd make the wizard choke..."
Ah, but don't forget silent spells that are said in the head. Things like Septumsempra.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-16, 03:20 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ah, but don't forget silent spells that..."
That's where mindraping comes in.

Palpatine: You will not say that incantation.
Voldemort: I will not say that incantation.
Palpatine: You will admit that JK Rowling ripped off my design in creating you.
Voldemort: I will admit that JK Rowling ripped off your design in creating me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-16, 03:24 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "That's where mindraping comes in. ..."
Ah, but is Voldemort not also a very accomplished Occlumens? Surely he'd be able to block his mind to Palpatine's probing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-16, 03:34 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ah, but is Voldemort not also a very..."
Good point, actually.

It's up to yanking the wand out of Voldie's hand then. He's kinda helpless without it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-16, 03:43 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Good point, actually. It's up to..."
Accio Wand!

We've seen in books how hard a wizard can hold on to their wand (and other objects) even when it's being pulled out their hand with some force. Which would make it very hard for it to be just yanked out of the hand. Add to that the fact that whilst he still holds the wand, Voldemort can cast a spell to disable Palpatine and interrupt him mid flow.

Indeed, Voldemort could then Accio Palpie's Lightsaber and take away his main hand-to-hand weapon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:10 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Accio Wand! We've seen in books how..."
Quote:
We've seen in books how hard a wizard can hold on to their wand (and other objects) even when it's being pulled out their hand with some force.
The disarming charm has ALWAYS disarmed a person. It also seems to knock them off their feet most times.

The summoning charm Bellatrix used on Harry to get the Prophecy were never completed... She started but was cut off and he just barely managed to cling onto it then.

Quote:
Add to that the fact that whilst he still holds the wand, Voldemort can cast a spell to disable Palpatine and interrupt him mid flow.
Uh...no one in HP is exactly above-average in athletic speeds. They certainly aren't doing Yoda moves. Yet Harry and the rest can dodge spells. You're telling me Palpatine won't be able to get around most anything Voldie casts?

Quote:
Indeed, Voldemort could then Accio Palpie's Lightsaber and take away his main hand-to-hand weapon.
While he's doing that...he's getting turned to extra-crispy wizard by Palpatine's Force lightning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:20 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "The disarming charm has ALWAYS disarmed..."
Quote:
The disarming charm has ALWAYS disarmed a person. It also seems to knock them off their feet most times.
Ah! But Palpatine isn't waving a wand and shouting Expelliamus is he?

Quote:
Uh...no one in HP is exactly above-average in athletic speeds. They certainly aren't doing Yoda moves. Yet Harry and the rest can dodge spells. You're telling me Palpatine won't be able to get around most anything Voldie casts?
If the spells don't hit him, but force him to lose concentration and dodge, then they've helped a bit, haven't they? There's nothing in the rules that states a spell must be cast to hurt the person directly. In the books we've also heard of great things happening to the weather, and bridges collapsing and what not. Don't forget also the big explosions that have been caused by 'lesser' magicians (Wormtail particularly). Voldemort will be at least that powerful, and a lot more - with that power he should be able to cast large blanket spells that affect quite an area. How can Palpatine dodge something that's spread out over a large area and coming straight at him?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:34 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Emperor Palpatine vs. Lord Voldemort"
Which audio books were you listening to? I don't remember the T being silent.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:42 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Which audio books were you listening..."
Quote:
Which audio books were you listening to? I don't remember the T being silent.
1-4. Most of the pronouncing changed later on.

Dale (sp?) said "Her-mo-ne" instead of "Her-mi-o-ne". That weird stone taken from a stomach of a goat was pronounced "bu..." something French-y sounding but as of Book 6, they do what the first HP movie did and call it a "Bee-zo-er" or something. And it was always Vol-de-mor" from the audio. I have all the books and it was Vol-de-mor from 1-4 I'm fairly positive.I never heard the t and that's why I never knew how to spell his name right for a while.

Quote:
Ah! But Palpatine isn't waving a wand and shouting Expelliamus is he?
No. He's thinking and yanking the wand right out of Vold's grip.

Quote:
How can Palpatine dodge something that's spread out over a large area and coming straight at him?
Well...I'm not making up Force powers for Palpatine so would you mind not making up spells for Vold?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:45 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "1-4. Most of the pronouncing changed..."
I'm not making up. Start of Book 6, second page, it talks about a freak hurricane, which we later learn was magicked. A large spell which causes something that covers a large area.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:46 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm not making up. Start of Book 6,..."
Quote:
I'm not making up. Start of Book 6, second page, it talks about a freak hurricane, which we later learn was magicked. A large spell which causes something that covers a large area.
Actually, it was a giant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-16, 04:53 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Actually, it was a giant."
Actually, I've just checked - Death Eaters. With suspected giant involvement, but no certain evidence. We're both wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-16, 05:13 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Actually, I've just checked - Death..."
JK Rowling has been less than specific in most of her descriptions of magic and types of magic available in her universe, while Palpatine's powers are a little more well-known.

Kinda hard to make a match without attempting to further extrapolate what the characters are capable of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-16, 05:22 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "JK Rowling has been less than specific..."
Force Lightning, Force Choke, gg. Never even draws the lightsaber.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-16, 07:02 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Force Lightning, Force Choke, gg. Never..."
One would have to assume that Voldemort would come prepared with a simple Defensive charm active to negate an obvious attack such as Force Lightning.

Voldemort would be able to stun Palpatine with a voiceless spell, which should break his concentration enough to set up another defense.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-16, 07:25 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "One would have to assume that Voldemort..."
According to Vader in the books, Palpatine may be good enough to read people's minds (such as Vaders). Palpatine may be prepared for whatever Voldy was going to throw at him. Not to mention that Palpy would simply dodge anything Voldy through at him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-16, 07:33 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "According to Vader in the books,..."
According to Harry Potter books, Voldemort was an accomplished Occlumens, which directly counters his mind being read.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-04-16, 09:01 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "According to Harry Potter books,..."
Vollstrecker said:
According to Harry Potter books, Voldemort was an accomplished Occlumens, which directly counters his mind being read.
Yea, but Vader wasn't exactly weak on such things either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes