Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Bands You Like That Don't Fit
Posted 2007-06-13, 01:09 AM
Say you like a certain genre of music. Metal, rock, whatever. So you listen to and like about 50 rock bands. Then you find a band that isn't at all rock. Maybe they're country or bluegrass.

So, basically, what bands do you like that don't fit into what you would normally listen to?

Mine:
Blondie.
t.A.T.u.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-06-13, 04:19 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Bands You Like That Don't Fit"
Aha... Country music sucks....

But I can listen to some George Strait or Johnny Cash.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2007-06-13, 09:01 AM in reply to khwiii's post starting "Aha... Country music sucks.... But..."
Its kind of hard to have a band or artist that is 'weird' if you listen to all types of music.

I love modest mouse, but i also love Metallica and Megadeth. I really like rap music too. If anything, theres only one song that i can think of on my itunes that isn't like the rest and thats The Verve- Bittersweet
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-06-13, 09:30 AM in reply to khwiii's post starting "Aha... Country music sucks.... But..."
Sorry but you're wrong country music is good. Then again, all depends on the person but if you don't like country music, Fuck You. (think talleda nights when you read this last sentence)
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-06-13, 09:38 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Bands You Like That Don't Fit"
The only genre I really don't listen to is Rap, but there are some Eminem songs that I enjoy. Otherwise, every thing else is open. My cousin's boyfriend is trying to get me into hard metal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-06-13, 01:16 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Bands You Like That Don't Fit"
I'm completely into Indie, as well as Jazz - everything on my MP3 player is either Indie or Jazz.

And then I've got the Ukrainian Gypsy Punks - Gogol Bordello.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-13, 10:05 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm completely into Indie, as well as..."
Well i like all types of music. But i guess if any were weird it would have to be broadway soundtracks. For some weird reason, i like that stuff, especially shit from Rent and Spring Awakening
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-06-14, 10:40 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Well i like all types of music. But i..."
Rent is awesome. You should look up "Love Songs And Other Crap" sometime. Those songs have some rather amusing lyrics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-06-18, 10:28 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Rent is awesome. You should look up..."
I typically like Grindcore and Death Metal... but the new Madonna album is pretty kickin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags