Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Grand Theft Auto Series
Posted 2007-04-15, 05:19 AM
Well, I've been a big fan ever since I was hooked on 3 back in 2001, after watching a kid play. I then got ahold of VCS after a year or so of it being out...my grandmother wouldn't let me get it 'cause they showed on TV how you can go around and kill young girls.

I was majorly glad they ported Liberty City and Vice City Stories to the PS2. The latter of which I just beat a few weeks ago and it was definitely better than LCS in all aspects.

I have yet to play SA.... Don't know why. Just no interest.

I sawthe trailer for IV and it looks kickass.

Anyone got money they can give me for a PS3?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-15, 06:50 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Grand Theft Auto Series"
Oooh? Most people would be asking for the money for a 360, you know. They're gonna think you're wrong in the head! Welcome to the club.

At the moment, GTA IV is being developed using 360s, simply because they're easier to program for.The footage from the trailer was recorded off a 360, as was a demo they showed to some journalists a week or so after.

So unless they have a team working to optimise it for PS3, the 360 version will, sadly, be the better one, and the PS3 version will be lacking a lot - especially with the fact that the 360 uses DVD-9s. Either Rockstar will compress and compress it onto one DVD-9, and end up using just half of a Blu-ray disc, or they will use as much storage as they can get (a single Blu-ray disc, say) and release the 360 version on multiple discs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-15, 12:39 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Grand Theft Auto Series"
I saw the trailer on PSN, I was not impressed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-15, 12:45 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I saw the trailer on PSN, I was not..."
Why weren't you impressed?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-15, 12:50 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Why weren't you impressed?"
It looked like a PS2 game, and they didn't show any gameplay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-15, 12:56 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It looked like a PS2 game, and they..."
I agree, actually. It should have definitely been longer, for starters.

I mean...I was on a few GTA boards and there were ten billion new threads about the trailer PER DAY. And I didn't get why.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2007-04-15, 01:01 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It looked like a PS2 game, and they..."
Rockstar never show trailers of gameplay until much, much, much closer to launch. They're notorious for giving very little information before launch.

Graphics wise, OK, yeah, maybe it does have the same standard of graphics assome of the later PS2 games. But other than that it really is next-gen - the water effects, the pedestrians (finally they all look to be different, and there are lots more), the lighting, they've even gone as far as to put quaint little things in such as steam rising from air con units, and the guy in the sports car could be seen adjusting his rear-view mirror.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-15, 08:22 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Grand Theft Auto Series"
Screw you, fool! I need the money for my own PS3 so I can get RE5, MGS4, GTA4, FF XIII, and FF XIII Versus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-16, 10:05 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Screw you, fool! I need the money for..."
On the subject of FFXIII, there are two other names that have been patented by Squenix, both to do with Fabula Crystalis Nova. One is Haerisis, and the other begins with D.

Just thought I'd share that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-16, 11:28 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "On the subject of FFXIII, there are two..."
What does that have to do with GTA series?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-16, 11:36 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What does that have to do with GTA..."
I was just sharing that bit of information with Kagom and anyone else wanted to know - he mentioned that he'd be getting FFXIII and Versus, so I thought I'd share it.

If I was going to skew the thread off topic completely and start a whole discussion on FFXIII then I'd have made a new topic instead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-16, 12:04 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I was just sharing that bit of..."
Were there any games before GTA where you could just run around and kill hookers?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-16, 12:13 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Were there any games before GTA where..."
I think that the original Grand Theft Auto was the first of its kind.

When GTA3 came out other companies began to copy it and make their own sandbox games with the same themes, except better.

Now GTA4 is coming out, R* have done everything they do well, but seemingly better. Give it a few years and you'll be seeing other companies once again emulating a GTA game and bringing out their own, better version of GTA4.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny