Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Question Should Michael Vick be able to rejoin the NFL?
Posted 2009-05-20, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Prisons official says ex-Atlanta Falcons quarterback left facility early Wednesday

He'll serve last two months of sentence in home confinement, most likely in Virginia

Vick's attorneys have said he'll work at construction firm; Vick has OK'd documentary

Vick, 28, pleaded guilty in 2007 to bankrolling a dogfighting operation in Virginia
www.cnn.com

Today, Michael Vick was released from prison and will spend the next two months in Home confinement.

The question that is up in the air, and people seem to be split on is: Should Michael Vick be allowed to play in the NFL from this point forward?

It's an interesting topic. People definitely seem to be split on the issue, but I want to get the take here.

Personally, I think that he has served his time, and should be allowed to play back in the NFL. The thing is, will teams even want to take him back? I would say, Definitely yes. Will he play the Quarterback position? Who knows. The problem with Quarterbacks if they get rusty for 2 years completely they can lose their edge and become rusty. The game has also changed a great deal in the last two years and now we're left with this little dilema.

The NFL has not commented on the situation yet, but I'm still eager to see what their final decision will be.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-20, 08:55 AM in reply to D3V's post "Should Michael Vick be able to rejoin..."
I see no rational reason why not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-20, 09:00 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I see no rational reason why not."
56% of people polled on CNN think otherwise.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-20, 09:04 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "56% of people polled on CNN think..."
No.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 09:56 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "No. ."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
No.
Elaborate.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:07 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Elaborate."
He will be allowed to play again, simply because his celebrity status and his amazing talent at football. And most of the time when you're in prison you bulk up, so he might even be bigger, faster, and stronger than every before.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:53 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "He will be allowed to play again,..."
Hai HOH.

I think he should be allowed to play. There's no fairness in continuing to punish him for his mistake. Now WILL HE play? We'll see.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:59 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Elaborate."
D3V said: [Goto]
Elaborate.
When I was a kid, sport stars where my idols. Wayne Gretzy, Jordan, Bo Jackson, Will Clark.....

I think that is what being a star athlete is about. Being able to be a rolemodel. How many young kids read about Vick when he got caught, and thought it was cool to do what he did? Children are very easy to influence. If we want to have a better generation of kids growing up we need to focus the people who get to stay in the spotlight. Let this be a lesson for kids, if your going to do something like Vick did, your going to be punished.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 11:03 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "When I was a kid, sport stars where my..."
He was punished in accordance to the law. Perhaps this will teach kids to idolize people who actually contribute to society, instead of running up and down a grassy plain in an exercise of futility.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-05-20, 11:06 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "He was punished in accordance to the..."
In accordance to the law, which is exactly perfect.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 11:13 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "In accordance to the law, which is..."
The law isn't perfect, but it's the law. There are plenty of professional athletes that get to play that have commited crimes of varying severity, some as heinous as this I'm sure. Any limitation on his ability should be enforced universally enforced.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-05-20, 11:16 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The law isn't perfect, but it's the..."
Your right it should be universally enforced. Starting with Vick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 11:26 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Your right it should be universally..."
My opinion is that if people feel the need to punish him further, it should be done through the legal system. The fact that he previously commited a crime has nothing to do with the NFL, and it shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not he can play. I don't even care about football, or Michael Vick, but it seems stupid as hell to continue to punish someone beyond the law when they've already served their time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-20, 11:27 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "When I was a kid, sport stars where my..."
When I was a kid, sport stars where my idols. Wayne Gretzy, Jordan, Bo Jackson, Will Clark.....

I think that is what being a star athlete is about. Being able to be a rolemodel. How many young kids read about Vick when he got caught, and thought it was cool to do what he did? Children are very easy to influence. If we want to have a better generation of kids growing up we need to focus the people who get to stay in the spotlight. Let this be a lesson for kids, if your going to do something like Vick did, your going to be punished.
I do agree with your points, and I do think athletes should be role models for kids. The problem with that is, athletes aren't paid to be role models, that's what barney and the guy from blue's clues is paid to do, Athletes are paid to do just that, be athletes. What they do off the field has nothing to do with the sport they participate in and it doesn't make a ratass difference who the player is. I have heard now that the NFL comissioner has stated that Vick is eligible to return.

As for the universal rule change? Hell no. Some of us like the players with bad attitudes and off-the-field issues. It adds depth to the game.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-05-20, 11:58 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I do agree with your points, and I do..."
You're right athletes are not paid to be rolemodels. I am not paid to be human. But I am, and athletes ARE rolemodels for young ones.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-21, 06:39 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "You're right athletes are not paid to..."
You're right athletes are not paid to be rolemodels. I am not paid to be human. But I am, and athletes ARE rolemodels for young ones.
They might be, or might not be role models for kids. I doubt any kids have started a dog fighting ring because they heard of Michael Vick doing it, more likely they won't being that they heard he went for jail for it, so in the end the justification is already there.

If they made it to where Michael Vick couldn't play anymore, the blasphemous league full of ex-offenders would all need to be eliminated, any coaches involved in anything illegal, ever would have to be shunned away from the league. This is not an option, as I said before; If a player serves his/her time legally and is in no way in any trouble with the law anymore, they should not be pushed away.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-05-21, 07:14 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "They might be, or might not be role..."
They might be, or might not be role models for kids. I doubt any kids have started a dog fighting ring because they heard of Michael Vick doing it, more likely they won't being that they heard he went for jail for it, so in the end the justification is already there.
I disagree with this. Think about rappers. They do illegal shit all of the time, and our young population follows in their footsteps anyway. I'm not saying it's exactly the same, though.

I still don't think his crimes are relevant to whether or not he can play in the NFL. If he's good enough to play, let him play. I don't see why anything else should matter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-21, 07:23 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I disagree with this. Think about..."
Michael Vick wasn't even the one dog-fighting, he was just letting it happen on one of his properties. The whole Dog fighting is wrong mentality has already been skullfucked in through the media the last year or so since the Vick incident.

You can't even really say look at kids acting like rappers, that isn't accurate either. Kids just want to be thugs, and a bunch of thugs just happen to be rappers. What about all of the good rappers? Common, Questlove, even Eminem has been helping out in the recession by flying a full audience from Detroit (that have been laid off) to the Jimmy Kimmel show.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-05-22, 01:32 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Michael Vick wasn't even the one..."
Michael Vick wasn't even the one dog-fighting, he was just letting it happen on one of his properties.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-22, 06:59 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting ":rolleyes:"
I'm being serious. He only got in trouble because his friends we're doing the deed, on his property. If they had been growing marijuana at his spare house, he would've gotten the full penalty as well.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V