Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Is It Possible To Make.....
Posted 2006-08-14, 04:35 PM
I was Wondering if it was posible to make a common event or script that allows me to transform my characters appearance when i press a key, and change the hero back to normal when i press another key?

(for example)
Press A: Change to Cerebus
Press Z: Change Back To Normal

(script Preferred)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkSpartan116

Posted 2006-08-14, 06:43 PM in reply to DarkSpartan116's post "Is It Possible To Make....."
I suppose I could make one... but then I'd need to go to the rmxp sites I frequent for some refreshing looks at scripts to see if theres something I don't know... and I can't because I left a TON of people hanging on requests and I don't wanna ever show my face again. lol... just think of how many people are still waiting... suckers... >.> Oh well, maybe I'll brush up my ruby for ya...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-14, 11:14 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I suppose I could make one... but then..."
Ok, Thank You
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkSpartan116

Posted 2006-08-15, 07:45 AM in reply to DarkSpartan116's post starting "Ok, Thank You"
Never said I was, but methinks this could be easily be a common event.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-15, 11:06 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting ":weird: Never said I was, but methinks..."
Surely it would be.

If you've got the common event set up to change the appearance based on a key.

And you could probably use variables and the Key processing thingy?

If at the start of the game you have a tutorial, and say that you can change your character appearance by pressing a key? Then say

"To become Yado press A" and store the key pressed as a variable.
"If you want to become Derth Vadar press S" and store it as a variable again?

I'm just hazarding here, so don't take anything as written.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-15, 05:32 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Surely it would be. If you've got..."
so, could anybody show me how to make the common event, because ive tried before, and it wouldnt work
i want to make it so that it can only be activated when a certain item is possesed

Last edited by DarkSpartan116; 2006-08-15 at 07:02 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DarkSpartan116