Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Dreads
Posted 2009-11-30, 10:19 AM
I've finally decided on growing out dreadlocks. My dreadlocks. I've been contemplating on doing it for a very long time. I figure at this juncture in my life, I am planning on a lot of things changing very soon so I might as well do something like this to help symbolize my life's journey as it moves forward.

I'll be sure and update with pictures as the process moves forward, it will probably be about 3 months before I really will start twisting them, but until then all I have is anticipation.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-11-30, 10:48 AM in reply to D3V's post "Dreads"
lol .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-11-30, 11:17 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "lol ."
I dunno man, I think you'd look weird with dreadlocks. Plus that could affect your chances at getting a better job. (If you wanted one that is)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-11-30, 01:34 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I dunno man, I think you'd look weird..."
Not worried about it. I actually have curly hair and when it grows long enough it already tends to dread itself. The thing is, i'm going to be moving to Gville in a month or so and once i'm down there, I am only going to need a bs part time job. I still have a lot of hair growing to do, from this point.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-11-30, 01:56 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Not worried about it. I actually have..."
Well, goodluck! You should post pictures during the process. Like one today, then in a month post another, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-11-30, 02:06 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Well, goodluck! You should post..."
Thanks dude. I do plan on having a timeline for pictures and progression. I'm hoping it won't look too weird, then again everyone has a weird stage with their dreads where they stick out, don't lay down right, have little frizz patches and take a little bit of work to get it into correct placement. I've actually learned a lot about dreadlocks reading up. You still are able to wash your dreads freely. They do not smell, the only time they would is if they weren't washed or have collected mildew in them, which can be eliminated by completely drying moisture out of your hair.

and if worst comes to worst, I could always cut them off. I have already committed myself to growing them out and going through with this process.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-11-30, 03:56 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I dunno man, I think you'd look weird..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
I dunno man, I think you'd look weird with dreadlocks. Plus that could affect your chances at getting a better job. (If you wanted one that is)
this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-11-30, 07:14 PM in reply to D3V's post "Dreads"
Do it if you're okay with people making instant snap judgments about your lifestyle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-12-01, 08:30 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Do it if you're okay with people making..."
Grav said: [Goto]
Do it if you're okay with people making instant snap judgments about your lifestyle.
That's the only thing i'm actually somewhat hesitant about, but even so I don't mind talking to peolpe and if people come up to me and start harassing me or asking me a bunch of questions I am always more than glad to answer them. Usually end up making a joke out of an awkward situation is always pretty easy.

My brother is also growing his dreads out, which I think is going to help me more than anything, and he says the same for me growing mine.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-12-01, 07:41 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "That's the only thing i'm actually..."
So you are black?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-12-02, 09:13 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So you are black?"
Nope; Far from it really.

Quote:
The first known examples of dreadlocks date back to North Africa. In ancient dynastic Egypt examples of Egyptians wearing locked hairstyles and wigs have appeared on bas-reliefs, statuary and other artifacts. Mummified remains of ancient Egyptians with locks, as well as locked wigs, have also been recovered from archaeological sites
This hair style has no limits to race.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-06-07, 09:24 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Nope; Far from it really. This..."
Okay I was well far off on how long it would take me to grow my hair out. I've since had it trimmed twice since starting this thread, but for the most part i've let it grow completely out for the last 6 months or so. I actually have curly hair so it's making this process take much longer. I'm somewhat undecided on dreadlocks now, i'm glad I've waited this long, but I actually like having longer hair, I think i'm going to keep letting it grow out.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-06-07, 10:10 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Okay I was well far off on how long it..."
I've got long hair, myself, but never really thought about what to do with it. Got any pictures?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-06-07, 10:50 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I've got long hair, myself, but never..."
http://i48.tinypic.com/zuio7r.jpg

not the best shot of the hair itself, but most recent like 1-2weeks old. keep note, when my hair is straight/wet it comes down near my nose. idk if its growing at a normal pace or not?..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-06-07, 11:21 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://i48.tinypic.com/zuio7r.jpg ..."
Looks like given another six month, it'd be ready for it, maybe even just three or four months. My hair reaches below my collar bone, but when it's straight it hits my nipple.

Nice penis, btw.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-06-07, 11:30 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Looks like given another six month,..."
Yeah that's what i'm hoping for. Keep in mind, in early November I buzzed my hair completely off so this has been the product of growing from scratch.

Oh thanks, it squeaks too.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-06-07, 11:35 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah that's what i'm hoping for. Keep..."
Oh really? I've been growing mine since... 7th grade, I think? But, I guess mine just grows slowly, who knows, maybe I need to do something with it, that I haven't thought of.

You might wanna get that checked, actually. I don't think it's supposed to do that...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-06-07, 11:41 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Oh really? I've been growing mine..."
true. atleast if it's already long you can basically do anything that you could possibly want with it, rather than having to wait for it to grow or anything.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-06-07, 09:27 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "true. atleast if it's already long you..."
I'll probably just let it grow, actually. Not sure if I'll do a damn thing with it, haha. I just hope it can fit in a hat.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-07-20, 01:32 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I'll probably just let it grow,..."
My buddy has dreads, they are awesome. Another buddy started his when his hair was short, said it helps train the hair to grow into the lock, or something. They used a pepper or whatever its called...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003