Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

My grandma is famous.
Posted 2007-08-18, 02:52 PM
For years since I was younger my parents always told me that my grandma was the most traveled woman in the world. She now lives with me and occasionally while talking to her I look at her trophy that she got when she was put into the Guinness world book of records.

Today I got bored and googled her name because she's never said much to me about it, and I found one interesting article on her:

http://www.arenophile.com/sandforum/...bb2957a8e31c81

Here's the paragraph she's in (her name is delphine):

Quote:
Not only is Bouvet utterly isolated from the rest of the world, but landing on it once you get there is next to impossible. John Clouse—"No. 1 world traveler," according to Guinness (see Clipperton Island profile)—has failed twice to reach Bouvet because of inclement weather: "I got 400 meters from there once, but had to turn back." One person who has made it to Bouvet is Delphine Cooper of South Bend, Indiana, who like Clouse, is a member of the Travelers' Century Club (initiation requires proof of having visited 100 or more countries and territories). Cooper chartered a boat to Bouvet, and after identifying a safe landing place, switched to a small rubber raft to make the final push to the shore. "I caught the weather just right," she reports. "It's not a beautiful island, but it's thrilling to know that I'm one of the few people that has ever set foot on it. What makes a place unique for me is the margin of difficulty to get there."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-08-18, 03:01 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "My grandma is famous."
That's pretty damn cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-18, 03:02 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "My grandma is famous."
Dude, cool! All but one of my grandparents is dead, so that's pretty neat to see. Bake her some cookies, man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-18, 10:40 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Dude, cool! All but one of my..."
Thats freaken awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-28, 09:04 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "My grandma is famous."
Sweet. Just out of curiosity, how old was she when she landed on Bouvet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-28, 09:44 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Sweet. Just out of curiosity, how old..."
Honestly i'm not sure, i'll have to ask her. I told her that their was some info about her on the internet and she was quite suprised (being she really has no idea what the internet is) and continued to tell me about this Island that she landed on, and half of the year its underwater, and the other half it's not, and their is only a period of about 2-3 months where landing is possible.

I found that to be moderately interesting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-08-28, 09:50 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Honestly i'm not sure, i'll have to ask..."
Sounds like when your dick emerges from between your legs. HA!

That's pretty neat though. Where the fuck is Bouvet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven