Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

D3V permanently banned
Posted 2008-06-05, 03:38 PM
For repeatedly breaking the Zelaron rules, for driving off GravitonSurge, Mjordan2nd and !King_Amazon!, and for ignoring repeated warnings by most staff members including myself.

I find it regrettable to have to go this far as he was a contributing member, but I have been far too lenient with him.

Consider this a starting point for some major change. We've been too passive in the past three years, allowing Zelaron to be a self-propelled machine suffocating in its own shadow. No more.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-05, 03:40 PM in reply to Chruser's post "D3V permanently banned"
Does this mean we can break out the canes and the truncheons? <3

Oh, and I'm in two minds about the banning, in all honesty. Yes, he did have moments when he was a complete dick (the whole MJ saga), but he's contributed a lot - the Automotive forum is going to shrivel up and die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-05, 03:50 PM in reply to Chruser's post "D3V permanently banned"
It is certainly regrettable. As I have said numerous times, I would have preferred he just straighten up. He was a great member, when he wasn't being a jackass. Unfortunately, he just wouldn't change, even when Chruser himself told him to straighten up. Either way, he's gone now, and dwelling on that isn't going to help us any.

I think we all will have to make a conscious effort to bring some activity to the forums, now. Losing D3v will certainly have some sort of impact on activity. I see a lot of people say that they just don't find anything here interesting. If this is how you feel, try to figure out what would interest you. Post some things that interest you, or suggest new forums.

There are good things to come in Zelaron's future.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-05, 04:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Does this mean we can break out the..."
I think it's a mistake quite honestly. Granted, I haven't read all the posts that led up to all those people leaving, but that's probably because I was too busy reading all the good, contributing threads he started and posts he made. Back in the day, he was a lot more relentless and nothing was done about it, he simply became the whipping boy. For some reason people decided to start taking him seriously, and their feelings ended up getting hurt...

That is the part that I find ridiculous. I understand needing to get away from websites and this forum, because I fell in that stage myself, but I simply resigned as an Admin and just leisurely posted. I've continued that track for the last few years too, and things have been fine.

Banning someone permanently because a few members were too sensitive doesn't seem very justifiable. Then again, if all the members that left end up coming back and things have a turn for the better here, I'll agree that it was a good move, but I won't agree it was the correct one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-06-05, 04:07 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I think it's a mistake quite honestly. ..."
The "Few" members that he drove off were 10x better members then he will ever be. Losing one OK member and gaining three (or more) great, older members is a sacrifice that I am definitely willing to take.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-05, 07:13 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "The "Few" members that he drove off..."
-Spector- said:
The "Few" members that he drove off were 10x better members then he will ever be. Losing one OK member and gaining three (or more) great, older members is a sacrifice that I am definitely willing to take.
if we lose people over time and get none then were losing people plus people are just going to the arcade for games so they dont log in and with armorgames and a bunch of others their gaining people while we are
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-06-05, 09:53 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "if we lose people over time and get..."
jamer123 said:
if we lose people over time and get none then were losing people plus people are just going to the arcade for games so they dont log in and with armorgames and a bunch of others their gaining people while we are
Um...what now?

And, Spector, your post seems to indicate that the perma-ban of D3v will result in a return of those we've lost. Is this mere speculation or an educated conclusion?

I somehow missed the harassment he visited upon these members, yet assuming this is truth, I fully support the ban.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-06-05, 11:00 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Um...what now? And, Spector, your..."
It's what will happen, probably. Mjordan, Grav, and I left because of D3v. D3v is gone, I'm back. Mjordan will probably return. Grav is an unknown.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-05, 11:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's what will happen, probably. ..."
D3V once said that he 'causes trouble to liven this place up'. He just went too far. I'm glad he's gone, because he always trolled and then played innocent when people called him out.

Glad to see you back, K_A.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-06-06, 06:59 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "D3V once said that he 'causes trouble..."
I think I missed something here.. how exactly did D3V drive off three members? Grav left because he said posting on a forum is trivial and immature in his stage of life. How does that correlate with D3V? Sounds like a personal issue to me.

I understand why MJ left (he'll be back), but how did D3V drive off KA? Aren't you a Supreme Moderator here? How can a member cause you to stop posting?

And I REALLY don't agree with the permanent ban. Ban him for a month or two, but permanently over something like this?? Mantralord DDoSed the forums and tried to kill them for good for Christ's sake, and he's still allowed to post here. I'd say that's a way more harsher offense than what D3V did. And no matter what any of you says, D3V was at least 1/4th of the activity here. He made a ton of threads/posts and those in turn generated numerous responses, whether they be good or bad. Fact is, he has helped keep this place running the past couple of months. He's brought numerous ideas to the table on how to help Zelaron and make it more active.

This is the wrong move.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-06, 12:26 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I think I missed something here.. how..."
Thanatos said:
This is the wrong move.
Seconded, for the same reasons.
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2008-06-06, 01:14 PM in reply to sheerx's post starting "Seconded, for the same reasons."
I agree, D3V did bring livelihood into this website. Even if he the mods don't let him come back, I'll post more, since I haven't been posting much lately and Zelaron needs more contributions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-06-10, 04:18 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I think I missed something here.. how..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
I think I missed something here.. how exactly did D3V drive off three members? Grav left because he said posting on a forum is trivial and immature in his stage of life. How does that correlate with D3V? Sounds like a personal issue to me.

I understand why MJ left (he'll be back), but how did D3V drive off KA? Aren't you a Supreme Moderator here? How can a member cause you to stop posting?

And I REALLY don't agree with the permanent ban. Ban him for a month or two, but permanently over something like this?? Mantralord DDoSed the forums and tried to kill them for good for Christ's sake, and he's still allowed to post here. I'd say that's a way more harsher offense than what D3V did. And no matter what any of you says, D3V was at least 1/4th of the activity here. He made a ton of threads/posts and those in turn generated numerous responses, whether they be good or bad. Fact is, he has helped keep this place running the past couple of months. He's brought numerous ideas to the table on how to help Zelaron and make it more active.

This is the wrong move.
bumpage
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-10, 04:30 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "bumpage"
bumpage

Aside from D3V's rule-breaking: MJ will not be back due to D3V's actions (at least not for perhaps years to come, if ever), and GravitonSurve (who was arguably driven off by D3V) will most certainly never return. !K_A! returned, but others have threatened to leave because of D3V.

It is a fact that D3V has been a contributing member in several ways, but what makes you think he will not repeat his actions and destroy the rest of the community? He is the only contributing (i.e. human) member I have banned since LiveWire.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-10 at 04:32 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-11, 08:50 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Aside from D3V's rule-breaking: MJ..."
*claps*
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2008-06-11, 09:13 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Aside from D3V's rule-breaking: MJ..."
All I have to say to MJ and Grav: you both are vaginas.

I still think a month, or two month ban would be quite better than permanently. Now that you've shown him you're serious about this, I gaurantee he would change. Zelaron is too big a part of his day for him to just disregard everything and continue to act like a jackass. But, I guess you've already made your decision so I can only disagree with it. Oh well. =\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-11, 09:45 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "All I have to say to MJ and Grav: you..."
To me, it is kinda nice that he is gone. I had so many reps from him for no reason that were just stupid and useless. It seemed like he would just rep for the sake of it. It will be nice now that he is gone.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-06-11, 09:49 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "All I have to say to MJ and Grav: you..."
All I have to say to MJ and Grav: you both are vaginas.

I still think a month, or two month ban would be quite better than permanently. Now that you've shown him you're serious about this, I gaurantee he would change. Zelaron is too big a part of his day for him to just disregard everything and continue to act like a jackass. But, I guess you've already made your decision so I can only disagree with it. Oh well. =\

Unfortunately, most likely he WOULDN'T change. That's the problem. We've banned and warned him numerous times. Chruser himself warned D3v, in hopes that D3v would take Chruser seriously and listen to him. D3v has shown that he isn't going to change.

I really wish he would, but he's not going to. Remember, I was the one who was fighting to bring back D3v in the first place, when he was permanently banned last time. I did this because I thought he had changed, and we needed some more activity. It is true that he's better now than he was, but he just crosses the line too much to the point that it has threatened the wellbeing of the forums. If he could stick to his good, productive member side, there wouldn't be a problem.

Point is, it's gotten to the point that it's clear that D3v won't change, and that's why it came to this. He's had numerous chances, and he doesn't change. D3v isn't going to stop being D3v, unfortunately. It's just his personality to press peoples buttons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-11, 01:10 PM in reply to Chruser's post "D3V permanently banned"
May be if the people he drove off were actually funny we'd feel less strongly about this :V
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2008-06-11, 02:39 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "May be if the people he drove off were..."
Do you mean more strongly?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood