Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Real men
Posted 2007-11-12, 02:09 PM
Grav wants me to post more than a link in a thread, so the following is way too fucking long and riddled with idiocity, so don't read the whole thing otherwise your IQ may drop by a few points, but I think this guy epitomizes the words "stupid", "regressive", "childish", "moron", "homophobe", and "misogynist." I can't stand such chauvinistic motherfuckers. Anyway: http://www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/essays/41/

Just thought I'd share.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-12, 02:19 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Real men"
I stopped at "We have become a nation of women."

Can't read it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-12, 09:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I stopped at "We have become a nation..."
Quote:
Now, men are taught that violence is bad—that when a thief breaks into your house, or threatens you in the street, that the proper way to deal with this is to “give him what he wants”, instead of taking a horsewhip to the rascal or shooting him dead where he stands.
...Horsewhip?...Who the fuck keeps a horsewhip handy? Seriously?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-11-12, 09:46 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "...Horsewhip?...Who the fuck keeps a..."
From that sentence, it sounds like this guy is from the old western days or something.

"taking a horsewhip to the rascal"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-12, 09:52 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "From that sentence, it sounds like this..."
!King_Amazon! said:
From that sentence, it sounds like this guy is from the old western days or something.

"taking a horsewhip to the rascal"
That's pretty much his conception of "real men."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-13, 06:30 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Real men"
For the opposite viewpoint, see "'Tough Guise"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-11-13, 07:10 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "For the opposite viewpoint, see "'Tough..."
Tough Guise is a pretty good movie. We watched it in Social Health and Diversity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-13, 11:27 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "...Horsewhip?...Who the fuck keeps a..."
We've got two horsewhips in the garage. They're hung on the Shotgun cabinet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-11-13, 11:31 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "We've got two horsewhips in the garage...."
I always take mine to the salloon with me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-13, 02:04 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I always take mine to the salloon with..."
I can't imagine a british cowboy o.O
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-11-14, 01:59 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "For the opposite viewpoint, see "'Tough..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
For the opposite viewpoint, see "'Tough Guise"
That was a pretty good video, actually...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-14, 08:28 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "That was a pretty good video,..."
It's where some of my info about men being more violent than women came from.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-14, 02:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's where some of my info about men..."
Falchion > horsewhip.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
flameviper enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzflameviper enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

flameviper

Posted 2007-11-14, 10:05 PM in reply to flameviper's post starting "Falchion > horsewhip."
My balls are huge!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-11-15, 03:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's where some of my info about men..."
Wtf Is Whtr
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
flameviper enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzflameviper enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

flameviper

Posted 2007-11-15, 03:39 PM in reply to flameviper's post starting "Wtf Is Whtr"
Whilst it's nice to know that you have the ability to form sentences using acronyms, it's also nice when the sentence is posted in full.

And to quote you - WTF is "WHTR"?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-11-16, 05:52 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Whilst it's nice to know that you have..."
I'd tell you what I meant by that post, but I honestly have no recollection of making it...

perhaps I was stoned...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

flameviper

Posted 2007-11-16, 06:20 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Real men"
Well, while I don't whole-heartedly agree with what the person wrote, I wouldn't simply write him off as "stupid", "regressive", "childish", "moron", "homophobe", and "misogynist".

He had an opinion, and he expressed it in a very long diatribe against "pussy men". Honestly, I do agree that the world has turned (for the worse) way too much into this "politically correct" place where everything is overanalyzed and too harshly scrutinized.

MJ, for someone that typically will hear someone's side of the argument, then retort, you were certainly quick to pass judgement on this person and just call him a bunch of insults without much backing. I understand the message he was trying to get across was a little extreme, but there is some validity to it. What parts did you not agree with? And try not to take every sentence literally, but try to take a loose interpretation of his point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-11-20, 11:32 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I can't imagine a british cowboy o.O"
-Spector- said:
I can't imagine a british cowboy o.O

Joke said:
A British cowboy rode into town and stopped at the saloon
for a drink. The locals always picked on the Brits and when
the cowboy was done with his drink, he found his horse had
been stolen.

He comes back in the bar, flips his gun in the air, catches it
above his head without even looking and fires a shot into the
ceiling. "WHICH ONE OF YOU SNAKES STOLE MY HOSS?"
he yelled with surprised forcefulness. No one answered.
"ALL RIGHT -- I'M GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER BEER.
WHEN I'M DONE, IF MY HOSS AIN'T BACK OUTSIDE, I'M
GOING TO DO WHAT I DID IN TEXAS! AND I DON'T *LIKE*
TO DO WHAT I DID IN TEXAS!"

The locals shifted uneasily as they'd never seen anyone quite
this upset. When the cowboy finished his beer, he walked
back outside and his horse had been returned.

The bartender had followed him out there and asked, "Just
out of curiosity, what did you do in Texas?"

"I had to bloody walk home."
Lol.......

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-02-25, 04:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Lol......."
Just read an article that reminded me of this thread, so I decided to post in it.

This tells you all you need to know about Ken Hutcherson:

Quote:
On a Sunday when Tarico was present, Hutcherson was preaching on gender roles. During his sermon, Hutcherson stated, "God hates soft men" and "God hates effeminate men." Hutcherson went on to say, "If I was in a drugstore and some guy opened the door for me, I'd rip his arm off and beat him with the wet end."
And the mask is pulled off. Behind all that pseudo-macho posturing lies someone so incredibly insecure in his manhood that if another man opens a door for him, he feels the need to maim him in order to soothe his self-doubts about his machismo. Ken Hutcherson is a pussy, a sissy, a pathetic and frightened little boy haunted by nightmares of his own inadequacy. And if that's all he was, no one would care. But he turns that insecurity into a need to oppress and harm others. And that's why he must be stopped.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes