Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:26 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Just please don't post FoxNews stuff...."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
Just please don't post FoxNews stuff. It goes beyond biased into the realm of plain 'ol lying.

You do realize that you must be able to provide evidence to back this up?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:31 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "You do realize that you must be able to..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWcqxrQgcc&NR=1

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2008-03-13 at 08:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:35 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWcqxrQg..."
Yes I am aware of this video, do you seriously believe this doesn't happen on other networks?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:37 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Yes I am aware of this video, do you..."
No. But I think it happens disproportionately more on Fox.

Here's more. http://welcome-to-pottersville.blogs...ts-finest.html

What scares me the most is that you try to come off as more enlightened by the rest of us, yet seem instantly drawn to obvious propaganda.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:43 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "No. But I think it happens..."
Just shows that they are trying to show the right's views, while ALL others show left views.

So we have one right news tv station, and a hundred left news tv stations. I agree.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:47 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Just shows that they are trying to show..."
Right? Left? Who cares?

Do you really want "the right's" posterboy to be the most sensationalist "news" around?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:52 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Right? Left? Who cares? Do you..."
Good point, it does seem they take it too far and help give the right a bad rep.

I don't usually frequent Fox anyway, Half the time I don't even pay attention to the publisher untill I have read the article.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:54 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Good point, it does seem they take it..."
Adrenachrome said:
Good point, it does seem they take it too far and help give the right a bad rep.

I don't usually frequent Fox anyway, Half the time I don't even pay attention to the publisher untill I have read the article.
You seem like the type who would religiously listen to Rush Limbaugh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-13, 08:57 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You seem like the type who would..."
Mark Levin* And this is why http://podloc.andomedia.com/dloadTra...in03052008.mp3 Give the first 15-20 minutes a listen would ya?

Rush.. Not so much

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-15, 10:04 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Mark Levin* And this is why..."
I really don't think there is as much of a left bias in the media as people make it out to be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-15, 10:48 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I really don't think there is as much..."
I'm in favor of reinstating news posters. Preferably, it would function under a particuilar system suitable for sorting content. For instance, if news posts are labeled "[Category] Title" (similarly to how threads in the RPGMaker forum look), it would be easier to display relevant content in various news categories on a future Zelaron portal.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-03-15, 11:25 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I'm in favor of reinstating news..."
Why not just let EVERYONE post news, though? I just don't see the reason for having specific news posters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-15, 12:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why not just let EVERYONE post news,..."
There seem to be one or two people who post more news than others, yes?

Over the past two months, the three who have posted far more news than anyone else are Adrena, Kagom and MJ.

If I were to decide, then I'd make those three News Posters... which would just mean they have a shiny new title. Big deal, right?

What if repsonsibilities come with that, though? Sort of a News Poster Mod position - people post news, and we usually just give a random title, a link, and along quote. News Posters could be left to then categorise the news (using tags as Chruser said - [WA] for World Affairs, [AM, State] for American, [TCH] for Technology, [ENT] for Entertainment news, etc). It could also fallt to them to be the main posters of news (as it was originally, I think). They obviously spend time finding news as it is, so what difference would it make if that was one of their responsibilities?

Summary:

- Flashy Title
- Categorise (edit thread titles, anything else?)
---

And a second idea that I just want to throw in the General pot, but also relates to the tag idea - how easy would it be to add new icons for posts? My thought is that, in conjunction with the tags, new icons can be made (I can do this if no-one else wants to) and added and then added to posts - WA, ENT, TCH, AM, etc. The tag letters in coloured squares like the Adobe CS3 icons, or in circles, or actual pictures relating to each category.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-15, 03:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There seem to be one or two people who..."
Well, on the portal, it displays the icon of the forum it was posted in...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-16, 07:44 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well, on the portal, it displays the..."
I'm talking about the icon within each forum. Just a very quick mock-up, based on the first page of posts:

The categorising system could use a bit of work (I'd maybe base it on the BBC system - Business, Politics, Health, Education, Science/Nature, Technology, Entertainment - and then add a few more in, like Society, World Affairs, Americas, Europe, Opinion/Editorial), but it could be used well in conjuction with tags that might say a little more (for example, if the article his the AM[ericas] icon, then the tag might say [AM, State Name]).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-16, 07:59 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm talking about the icon within each..."
Looks great, Lenny! It reminds me a bit of Fark, only that they always provide external links (clicking needed). Instant news briefs on the portal (e.g. the first 500 characters being displayed when hovering over the news title; similar to how the forum works) would be ideal.

If the news feed is below 4 posts per day, it would likely be better to display 7-10 pieces of news with 1000+ characters each on the portal.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-03-25, 10:56 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I never go to news sites. Possibly..."
Atnas said:
I never go to news sites. Possibly haven't in the past year at all. I don't know anything about her or her site but I read two articles I liked within the past week.

I have no idea what she's usually like, forgive me if she's some sort of fundamentalist/capitalist/gay basher/somethingelsenasty.

I think "Right-wing nutjob" is appropriate.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2008-03-27, 09:19 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I think "Right-wing nutjob" is..."
I don't even know what you are talking about but I would take "Right wing nut job" over "big government liberal" any day of the week

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-29, 08:34 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I think "Right-wing nutjob" is..."
JRwakebord said:
I think "Right-wing nutjob" is appropriate.
Thanks, I'll steer clear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas