Download it from these places.

FilePlanet

AAFiles

Details.

1.1.1 Patch updates:
====================
Sniper:

1. Added Sniper School.
(All players will need to REQUALIFY as Expert to become eligible regardless of previous qualification)
2. Added Sniper Rifles to missions.
(Will need to be Sniper qualified - see Sniper School)

Non-Sniper related:

--------BUGFIXES--------
1. Fixed problem that left ghost-players in servers.
(Fix involved ignoring MaxTeamSize for Spectator team)
2. Fixed floating attachments bug.
(Made most attachments spawn client-side only. Weapon attachments
are still client/server, and so theoretically may still float
occasionally. Should be very rare if ever though)
3. Fixed small Rifle Range bugs.
a. (If a target appeared twice in a row, and you didn't fire at it,
it would seem like the target just stayed up for twice as long.
In the new version, in this case, the target will go down and come
back up right away, instead of just staying up longer)
b. Fixed last shot not being counted.
c. Fixed results not being uploaded if mission has been completed previously.
4. Fixed crash in HQ_Raid when the prisoner was shot.
5. Fixed commo to use only message or team message when no match in progress.
6. Fixed small bugs in MOUT_McKenna, Bridge, Pipeline, and HQ_Raid.

--------ADDED FEATURES--------
1. Added server options to kick Idle players by time or by number of rounds.
(Already added the documentation to the FAQ
http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/news/faqtext.php#q171 )
2. Added initial In-game server browser. Additional functionality/features to come.
3. Added MILES grenades to MILES missions.
4. Added green-tinted tracers to RPK (Opfor version of M249).
5. Added TeamTalk option.
(added TeamSay, bind a key to TeamTalk to use.
TeamSay sends a message to all dead players on your team when you
are dead. When you are alive it does a Radio message to all live
players on your team)

--------CHANGED FEATURES--------
1. Removed MOUT_McKenna training requirement.
(You will now only need to qualify in single player training
missions to qualify for online training missions.)
2. Changed M4A1 to be fully-automatic instead of burst-fire.
3. Adjusted ROE rules.
(You will now be kicked immediately for ROE violations
in the first 20 seconds. ROE violations in the first 45
seconds will double the penalty. ROE violations
when your crosshair is green (indicating a friendly) will
double the penalty.
4. Adjusted ROE score penalties.
(You will now lose at least 1 point from your personal score for every ROE penalty.
You will lose an additional point for every multiple of 45.
(i.e., an ROE penalty of 91-135 will cause you to lose 3 points)

====KNOWN BUGS====
1. After multiple failures, targets will stop coming up in RifleRange.
2. Client will sometimes crash when the player is kicked.
3. Game will sometimes crash when switching window modes.
4. Server will sometimes open up a new window, which consumes resources.

1.0.1 Patch updates:
====================

* The aao_patch_100to101b.exe fixes the problem some people had when trying to patch their 1.0 game and got errors of registry keys not found.
If you had that problem please install this patch. This patch also replaces the original aao_patch_100to101.exe patch.

* Corrects client and server-side flooding issues.
-Auth server issues are resolved now that the server isn't being flooded by users trying to connect

* Removes Sniper Rifle bug from random weapon selection (you need to qualify at Sniper School to use these weapons - Sniper School will be available in the
next update)

* Removes Rifle Range exploit of multiple rifles. (Players will have to requalify on the Range when the Sniper Pack is released.)

* Obstacle course bug fixed

* Admin Spectator Mode added: Allows admin to spectate anyone in the server

* Community Game Server Support added, allowing authentication of registered public servers. All servers will need to pass authentication before players can
join them.

* Dedicated Server executable added

Added Official Server Classification:
- HomeLAN/Army servers will display "RECON 1.0.1" in the top corner
- Non-HomeLAN/Army servers that have authenticated will display "Unofficial RECON 1.0.1"
- Servers without authentication will not allow players to join.
- Any public server with the cheats enabled will display "(Cheats)" in the top right corner. Ex: "(Cheats) Unofficial RECON 1.0.1" ("Cheats" allow users to
select any weapon they'd like, nothing more.)

Setting up your own dedicated America's Army server:
================================================== ====

Before you can submit a server, you must have a valid SERVER account. Your SERVER account will be different than your user account. Please keep track of both logins and passwords.

(NOTE: You CAN use the same username/password and email address, but you will need to reinput that info into the server signup page and have it verified before you can add/edit your servers)

To create a server account - Signup with a existing or new username, password, and valid email at: http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/serverlist/signup.php

After you activate your account, login with your specified username and password. You may then add servers, or edit/delete existing servers.

Servers will be placed in your listing, but will be inactive until approved. All servers must be manually authenticated by a HomeLAN/Army representative before they are accessible by players or available in the public listing. The complete Authorized server list can be found here: http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/serverlist/list.php

If a user changes their listed IP, they will need to wait for reauthorization before the server becomes public.

Servers must be ping capable in order for them to be authorized. Servers cannot use a DNS name they must be identified by an IP#. Server names cannot contain profanity, vulgarity or anything derogatory towards the Army or other US entity.

Servers will require a broadband connection at the minimum, a T1 or greater is recommended for 16 players or more.

Those players involved in LAN play should note that statistics and promotions do not transfer to their official jacket and are not permanent.

Other topics are covered in the FAQ. http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/news/faqtext.php
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-08-01, 05:41 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Marksmanship patch DOWNLOAD NOW!"
being im the new mod of the America's Army forum and taking syg's advice, i figured i would post up a few screenshots of the sniper rifles.

the m24.

the m82

the kick that the m82 puts out

and the scope (looks the same on both guns). in that shot im aiming at a mortar.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-08-01, 06:21 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Marksmanship patch DOWNLOAD NOW!"
Yeah I just d/led it now. Gonna start playing AA again soon. Been busy playing Warcraft III and Ghost Recon.

BTW, congratulations about being the new mod for AA and morrowind. And you too SYG for being the new sup mod.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-08-01, 06:53 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Marksmanship patch DOWNLOAD NOW!"
we should hook up and kll some newbies sometime. go by ask_rabber as usual.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-08-02, 02:13 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Marksmanship patch DOWNLOAD NOW!"
do u have to downlaod the whole game again"? isnt there an update?

edit-nvm
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-08-02, 02:15 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Marksmanship patch DOWNLOAD NOW!"
can somebody send the 22mb update to me?

nvm got it, sorry my eyes r fucked up

Last edited by Hades-Knight; 2002-08-02 at 02:18 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-08-15, 11:03 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Marksmanship patch DOWNLOAD NOW!"
how do I know what verison of AA I got?

I'm breaking the limit inside you, stop begging someone to hide you. I'm breaking the limit inside you, don't run away, bring it on straight to me!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Majere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMajere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Majere

Posted 2002-08-15, 11:56 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Marksmanship patch DOWNLOAD NOW!"
if you just downloaded it... which i know you did, you got the latest version
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-08-15, 01:50 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Marksmanship patch DOWNLOAD NOW!"
it says in the upper right corner when you're in a game, and i forget if its left or right when just on the main screen of the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-08-15, 02:47 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Marksmanship patch DOWNLOAD NOW!"
Quote:
Originally posted by Sum Yung Guy
* Obstacle course bug fixed
I THOUGHT so. It kept saying I failed when I DIDN'T... and when I got to the end the timer kept going.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence