Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Pitmancer Guide
Posted 2004-03-31, 09:17 PM
Ok, at the idea from `Insolence`, I have finally semi-completed a Poison Necro for Pit Runs. The thing is, this guy kicks some serious ass. My average time for clearing the ENTIRE Pit is ~3:00. That includes teleporting there and identifying a few items. This is a guide as to what you would want to look at. Here goes:

Stat Points

STR Enough for your armor.
DEX Keep your block % up, ~50% or higher is good.
VIT Leftover points go here
ENE Base

Skill Points

20 Poison Dagger
20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Nova
20 Bone Wall
1 Bone Armor
1 Teeth
1 Corpse Explosion
1 Amplify Damage
1 Iron Maiden
1 Life Tap
1 Weaken
1 Terror
1 Decrepify
1-5 Lower Resist

That is 90-94 skill points in total, so this build would be complete at prior to level 78-82 using all skill quests.

Equipment

Helm: +2 Necro/20% FCR/+All Resists Circlet (Harlequin Crest will likely be what people use)

Armor: 'Enigma'/'Bramble' (Enigma preferably, as teleporting speeds up runs)

Weapon: Death's Web/'Heart of the Oak' (Blackbog's Sharp if you're pretty poor)

Shield: Trang Oul's Wing

Gloves: Trang Oul's Claw

Belt: Trang Oul's Girth

Boots: Marrowwalk

Rings: 2x Stone of Jordan

Amulet: Storm Circlet or other rare/crafted ammy (Mara's would work too)

I know most people will ask "Why Trang Oul's Shield and Belt instead of Homonculus + Arachnid's Mesh?". The reason is, that with the 3 set pieces, the shield will give -25% Enemy Poison Resistance. That is a HUGE help vs. the skeletons in the Pit, as they are a bit resistant to poison.

If you have any gear you could socket, try to procure some Poison Rainbow Facets. Those would help immensely.

Of course, a few +1 Poison and Bone charms would help this build, so if you have some, don't be afraid to use them.

That's pretty much about it. Feel free to post questions/comments in here.

Last edited by Vollstrecker; 2004-04-02 at 10:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-31, 10:57 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "Pitmancer Guide"
why bone wall
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Maleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMaleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Maleficus

Posted 2004-03-31, 11:02 PM in reply to Maleficus's post starting "why bone wall"
Maleficus said:
why bone wall
Synergy for Bone Armor. I am also taking advantage of Marrowwalk Bug to get the benefits of Bone Prison synergies for Bone Armor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-01, 03:59 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Synergy for Bone Armor. I am also..."
its a good build and you can use it for pvp,teleport to the enemy , get his life on 1 with posion-nova and kill him with fireball(skill from trang-ouls)
its nice because trang-ouls gloves gives you 25%more posion dmg
excuse me plz for my bad english
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-04-01, 08:13 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "Pitmancer Guide"
what is your damage on your psn nova and psn explosion?
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-04-01, 12:23 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "what is your damage on your psn nova..."
Eh, you better get block (dex) if you want to be really good
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:04 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "what is your damage on your psn nova..."
tidus2005 said:
what is your damage on your psn nova and psn explosion?
Poison Nova: 6.6k
Poison Exlposion: 58.3k

`Insolence` said:
Eh, you better get block (dex) if you want to be really good
Yeah, a little dex is good. I've got a decent amount of Block% from my gear. When you get 70+, a few points into dex would be worthwhile, since you'll likely be ~1000 hp.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:08 PM in reply to BlackKnight's post starting "its a good build and you can use it for..."
BlackKnight said:
its a good build and you can use it for pvp,teleport to the enemy , get his life on 1 with posion-nova and kill him with fireball(skill from trang-ouls)
Actually, once they're at 1 hp, you should be able to kill with another Poison Nova. I read that somewhere. I'll try to test that in a minute.

Edit: Yes, another Poison Nova at 1 hp WILL kill another player.

Last edited by Vollstrecker; 2004-04-02 at 10:07 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-01, 02:44 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Actually, once they're at 1 hp, you..."
I have a newb question.
So you tele around the pit and do posion novas? Do you use any of the other skills? You must have an insane mana pool because teleing around and spamming nova costs alot. I also noticed you aren't wearing frosties so I figure you have alot of mana charms in addition to your 2x sojs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-04-01, 03:12 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "I have a newb question. So you tele..."
Nope. The mana regen granted by Trang's Partial set helps out a bit, plus my Pickit keeps me stocked with rejuvs.

I use some other skills occasionally, like when I hit a large group of the skeletons. I'll usually amp and Corpse Explode a bit to speed things up, or if I hit a Mana-Burn group, I'll keep them off me with a Bone Wall or two.

Edit: Damage update. I now have 2x Poison Facet (both are +5% dmg) and my Poison Nova now does 7.4k, and my Poison Explosion is over 63k.

Last edited by Vollstrecker; 2004-04-01 at 03:15 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-01, 03:30 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Nope. The mana regen granted by..."
Shit.. now I wanna build one. Thanks for the guide dude.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-04-01, 03:37 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Shit.. now I wanna build one. Thanks..."
~Update~

I just got Lower Resist for my necro. You really only need 1 point in it. That drops the completion level a bit.

I only use it against Unique Skellies and large groups in full games.

I'll likely be increasing my Bone Armor now that I have nothing to do with a lot of skill points.

Last edited by Vollstrecker; 2004-04-02 at 10:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-01, 04:25 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "~Update~ I just got Lower Resist for..."
Thanks for the GREAT build dude, Talk to ya on the realms.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-04-01, 04:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Thanks for the GREAT build dude, Talk..."
Doesn't seem to work very well for PvP however, I just spent 1/2 hour getting nk'd.

I didn't manage to nail anyone either, but then, a lot of them ran back to town. I might just be a little out of practice for a Public Duel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-02, 07:24 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Doesn't seem to work very well for PvP..."
my old necro were build so had 8k posion-nova dmg and i killed good with him in publik games
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-04-02, 04:25 PM in reply to BlackKnight's post starting "my old necro were build so had 8k..."
I'm just likely rusty as far as PvP goes.

My necro is only running 4 PnB Charms.

I need more, then my damage would be much better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-02, 08:37 PM in reply to BlackKnight's post starting "its a good build and you can use it for..."
BlackKnight said:

Thats the EXACT thing i do in dueling with my skelemancer, when vollstrecker lets me use his enigma anways Except, one thing, i dont use fireball, i "amp damage(lvl 15)" "psn nova 5 times w/ blackboag (it gives the + FCR)" "Switch weps to my king leoric" " Tele over" "skeles kill " "dead" "gold take" " Laugh" "say wtf mate a few times, and press zero (HELP ME)" "leave game"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-04-02, 09:59 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Thats the EXACT thing i do in dueling..."
Amp Damage does not work with poison.. you mean lower res?

Slaynish, please don't bm duel
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-04-03, 02:43 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Amp Damage does not work with poison....."
`Insolence` said:
Amp Damage does not work with poison.. you mean lower res?

Slaynish, please don't bm duel
he use amp for his skeletons...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-04-03, 04:17 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "Pitmancer Guide"
what merc if any?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Maleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMaleficus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Maleficus