Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2007-08-15, 03:54 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I like how you'd have to have a..."
Nothing too wrong with lowering the drinking age, I still believe the parents are the ones who should be in charge of their children in this manner.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-15, 04:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not really sure. I don't know if..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I'm not really sure. I don't know if that means that ANYONE under 21 can consume alcohol, like a 15 year old, or if that means people over 18 but under 21 can still consume alcohol.

Either way, that article makes some good points about alcohol control not doing shit.
It's the same thing with 'drug control' we have morons liek HoH that can go anywhere and buy an ounce if he wanted.

And I agree with you Volls, for the most part I've been allowed to drink, and I'm guessing my parents did that to take the damn fun out of it... because I've never really had the urge like most kids my age growing up...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-15, 04:12 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's the same thing with 'drug control'..."
Make fun of me one more time for smoking pot and I'll flame your ass so hard you won't know what hit you. Fuck the fuck off. It's drugs, get over it! Alcohol is more lethal anyways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-15, 04:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's the same thing with 'drug control'..."
It's obvious in many European locales as well, where they've grown up with alcohol being around. I don't have the numbers on me, but they typically suffer less from alcohol related injuries than the US does.

It's a large sign of independence and "maturity" in America (since you can only do it at an age where you are typically independent). If you take away what makes it special here, it becomes less of a deal after a generation or two.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-15, 04:26 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It's obvious in many European locales..."
The French and Italians definitely let kids drink at an early age - maybe small glasses of wine. And it wouldn't surprise me if the Germans let their kids drink smalls glasses of beer or similar. Same for the Irish and Scottish. And we Brits? 14 y/o in the pub, downing pints. Proper like! And then we grow up into holiday-makers who go abroad, get absolutely rat-arsed, and annoy the locals.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-15, 04:27 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The French and Italians definitely let..."
Sounds like the life. I've been able to have wine with supper since I was 16 and when my parents had it. Now I get beer or white russians.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-15, 05:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The French and Italians definitely let..."
Right, but statistically, Europeans tend to be safer than Americans after being intoxicated.

I largely think it's one of those, "OH, I CAN DO THIS NOW" kind of things over here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-15, 05:16 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Right, but statistically, Europeans..."
Makes sense, I suppose. 18 just isn't as much a big deal as 21 is. Plus, with the drinking age being 18 (lower in some European countries, I think) people then get three years practice at University before they are let loose on the world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-15, 10:42 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I like how you'd have to have a..."
HandOfHeaven said:
I like how you'd have to have a drinking license (almost like a driver's license). My parents let me drink, simply because of 'It was 18 when I was your age'.
My parents let me start drinking when i was 18 because "if i can vote and go to war, i can def get drunk."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-16, 01:32 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "My parents let me start drinking when i..."
Yeah, I find it amusing that the government will train people to kill as young as 16, but you gotta wait 5 years to have a beer.

Sounds a bit off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-16, 02:39 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Yeah, I find it amusing that the..."
Let's petition to lower the drinking age to 18 again! w00t w00t
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-08-16, 03:07 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Let's petition to lower the drinking..."
Eh, I don't really care. I'm gonna drink before I hit 21 either way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-16, 10:28 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Eh, I don't really care. I'm gonna..."
Thanatos said:
Eh, I don't really care. I'm gonna drink before I hit 21 either way.
Word.

Been like that since I was 16.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-08-16, 10:41 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm looking forward to being able to..."
Thanatos said:
I'm looking forward to being able to legally drink at family reunions. I've never been drunk around a family member besides my sister.
Same here. There's a lot of things I couldn't do in front of family that I did with your sister.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-17, 05:06 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Same here. There's a lot of things I..."
Does anyone know if the gov't allows people 18-20 years old to drink beer in the army when they are in Iraq?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-17, 05:14 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Does anyone know if the gov't allows..."
You can drink beer at 17 if you're enlisted, as far as I know. I think being a soldier makes you qualify as 21 .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood