Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2003-07-05, 09:03 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
`Insolence` said:
Good charlotte is not punk, most of the bands listed are not punk, but yes, pop.

I like alternative, metal, and classical, well just about everything actually.

1 - Green Day
2 - System of a Down
3 - Mudvayne
4 - Seather
5 - Blink 182

I also like Weezer, and jimmy eat world is ok
Obviously, my friend, you do not know what punk is.

By every fiber of your being you are truely a man slayer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Batosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBatosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-05, 09:32 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
There are almost no good punk american bands, only the european bands are good.

Maybe they are 'punk' but they are in no way GOOD at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-05, 09:51 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
What are some good European Punk Bands?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Batosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBatosi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-06, 12:20 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
Sorry if i dont remember any names off the top of my head, ill go take a look (my friend used to play the cds all the time, and i fairly liked it)

American punk (good charlotte is a good example) is horrible, and total pop. Meaningless lyrics, in my opinion.

BTW My new #1 band is the white stripes, and I also like the vines, and the hives .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-06, 03:52 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
Yeah i agree. When the White Stripes very first came out i was like "What the fuck is this shit!" But now they've really grown on me and i really like them. Cant say much for the vines or the hives though.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-06, 08:46 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
heres my favorite bands, not all punk, but you get the idea...

Bad Astronaut, The starting line, Long beach dub allstars, armor for sleep, fenix-tx, allister, watashi wa, finch, incubus, endor, matchbook romance, h2o, harvey danger, inspection 12, name taken, part time hero, old new found glory, pennywise, RHCP, phantom planet, saosin, senses fail, strike anywhere, stretch armstrong, sublime, SOAD, taking back sunday, the bouncing souls, the bank robbers

err thats all i have now..sorry if its jumbly
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DrowningOnAir

Posted 2003-07-07, 01:13 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
I agree with Insolence, Good Charlotte is not punk, I wouldn't even give them pop-punk. Also, someone listed Linkin Park, they aren't punk, but they don't try to be.

1. The Dead Kennedys
2. The Misfists
3. The Offspring
4. The Vandals
5.The Ramones

Personally, I tihnk The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, and The Clash are overrrated, I still like them, but I think the reason they are so popular now-a-days is because people need to say they like an "old" band to be "hardcore". There was this one girl at my old school who didn't know shit about The Clash or The Ramones, but wrote their names on her backpack and stuff alongside Good Charlotte and New Found Glory. Heh, I bet you she would've wrote The Sex Pistols as well if she wasn't afraid of getting into trouble.
Flame me.

My DeadJournal...you know you want to.

"War doesn't determine who is right, it determines who is left."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
InvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenInvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-07-07, 03:06 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
InvaderJon said:
I agree with Insolence, Good Charlotte is not punk, I wouldn't even give them pop-punk. Also, someone listed Linkin Park, they aren't punk, but they don't try to be.
Ok. What the fuck. If Good Charlotte isn't punk (which they clearly are) then what music genre are they!!!???

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-07, 09:28 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
Batosi said:
InvaderJon said:
Ok. What the fuck. If Good Charlotte isn't punk (which they clearly are) then what music genre are they!!!???
Pop.
Flame me.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
InvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenInvaderJon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-07-08, 11:11 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
Good charolette was ok before the last cd they made.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DrowningOnAir

Posted 2003-07-08, 03:50 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
Knight-Rider said:
I cant belieev ayl fags didnt even list these:

1.Weezer
2.Simple Plan
3.Good charlotte
4.Linkin Park
5.Evanescence(Is this punk?)

Umm NONE of those are punk bands....

1. Suicidal Tendencies
2. Rancid
3. Jim Carroll Band
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-07-08, 07:18 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
Well, I'll give in and say that Good Charolette isn't purely punk. They are more Pop-Punk. But just Pop? Fuck no.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-08, 07:52 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
DrowningOnAir said:
heres my favorite bands, not all punk, but you get the idea...
The only ones I really know about on that list is Incubus and Finch. LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-08, 11:38 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
I call them pop. Other people can call them whatever, as long as it's not punk. Punk rock is not about looking "hardcore", as Good Charlotte seems to imply. Punk rock is about topics that generally aren't discussed among the media, or about being against a movement or such that has a general public following. Take a look at the Dead Kennedys, did they ever write about how "tough" high school is? No. Now you may be thinking of the song "lifestyles of teh rich and famous", how that was a sort of "anti-" message. Well, it doesn't count when it's about the artist. That song is very much like "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne. In the song she vents about people trying to be what they are not, when in fact, that is what her whole image consists of. Same with GC, they get up their and complain how the rich and famous are always complaining, when in fact, that is what they, the rich and famous, are doing.

Now, enough about the lyrics, onto the actual music. When I listen to GC, i can't help but be reminded of another band MxpX, which coincidently is one of Good Charlotte's "influences". Did you know that Good Charlotte has admitted to having no previous musical experience? Now, let's put two and two together. GC can't play their instruments and their music has an amazingly similar sound to MxPx, who Good Charlotte likes. Hmmm... oh yeah, they fucking ripped them off! Despite the very few amount of quasi-original songs they have (one of them having an orchestrated backround sound, which I know for sure wasn't Good Charlotte), for the most part, they are just MxPx wannabes. Not to mention I don't like MxPx either. Not very punk rock now are we?
Flame me.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

InvaderJon

Posted 2003-07-09, 12:15 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
Batosi said:
InvaderJon said:
wuss-rock.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRdigs is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJRdigs is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JRdigs

Posted 2003-07-09, 10:05 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
`Insolence` said:
BTW My new #1 band is the white stripes, and I also like the vines, and the hives .
Those were the three bands listed on the Sum 41 music video for "Still Waiting", if anyone knows what I am talking about... :O
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-07-09, 07:31 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
InvaderJon said:
I call them pop. Other people can call them whatever, as long as it's not punk. Punk rock is not about looking "hardcore", as Good Charlotte seems to imply. Punk rock is about topics that generally aren't discussed among the media, or about being against a movement or such that has a general public following. Take a look at the Dead Kennedys, did they ever write about how "tough" high school is? No. Now you may be thinking of the song "lifestyles of teh rich and famous", how that was a sort of "anti-" message. Well, it doesn't count when it's about the artist. That song is very much like "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne. In the song she vents about people trying to be what they are not, when in fact, that is what her whole image consists of. Same with GC, they get up their and complain how the rich and famous are always complaining, when in fact, that is what they, the rich and famous, are doing.

Now, enough about the lyrics, onto the actual music. When I listen to GC, i can't help but be reminded of another band MxpX, which coincidently is one of Good Charlotte's "influences". Did you know that Good Charlotte has admitted to having no previous musical experience? Now, let's put two and two together. GC can't play their instruments and their music has an amazingly similar sound to MxPx, who Good Charlotte likes. Hmmm... oh yeah, they fucking ripped them off! Despite the very few amount of quasi-original songs they have (one of them having an orchestrated backround sound, which I know for sure wasn't Good Charlotte), for the most part, they are just MxPx wannabes. Not to mention I don't like MxPx either. Not very punk rock now are we?
Yeah i do have to admit that GC do make alot of their shit up. They never had crappy lives like they say in their music. I did some reasearch and they all had pretty well to do lifestyeles and yes they did have musical experience like you said. And MxPx ownz GC. MxPx is fuckin amazing on CD and live.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Batosi

Posted 2003-07-10, 06:00 PM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
I just bought the Meteora CD(Linkin Park). Its pretty damn good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-10-12, 06:14 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
Suicide Machines, Rancid, Bouncing Souls, Stiff Little Fingers, Less Than Jake, New York Dolls, Green Day (1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours until Dookie), The Nicotones \ Abercrombie Skins (Local to Bloomington, IN), Social Distortion, Ramones, and probably some others...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
oioicramer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenoioicramer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

oioicramer

Posted 2003-10-12, 08:16 AM in reply to Batosi's post "Favorite Punk Bands"
Danzig/Misfits

Best punk. not whiny pop-stars.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome