Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Our government fucking sucks
Posted 2006-01-16, 08:13 AM
SENIOR Republican and Democrat members of Congress have urged swift action against Iran, including UN-mandated economic sanctions, as the sense of crisis over Iran's decision to resume uranium enrichment escalated in Washington.

Republican Senator John McCain, a leading candidate for the party's presidential nomination in 2008, said Iran's decision to restart research into enriching uranium, a major step on the road to developing nuclear weapons, was "the most grave situation we have faced" since the end of the Cold War.

"The Iranians showed their face when their President came to the UN and advocated the eradication of the State of Israel from the Earth," he said. "We must go to the UN now for sanctions.

"If the Russians and the Chinese, for reasons that would be abominable, do not join us, then we will have to go with the states that are willing."

Asked whether the US should consider military action against Iran, Senator McCain said it should not be ruled out, though he said that any military action could have grave consequences.

"But there's only one thing worse than the United States exercising the military option; that is a nuclear-armed Iran. The military option is the last option but cannot be taken off the table," he said.

Democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein, a leading critic of the Bush Administration's handling of the Iraq war, agreed with Senator McCain that Iran's nuclear ambitions represented a grave threat not only to Middle East stability, but to the "whole international community".

"Iran has much more opportunity to create devastation in the Middle East than Iraq at this time," she said. "I think it's a very serious threat."

In London, US and European representatives are meeting to discuss how to get Russia and China to agree to Security Council action against Iran, something that China, in particular, has shown great reluctance to countenance. The meeting follows a decision by the EU negotiating countries — Britain, France and Germany — with Iran to end talks after Tehran said it would remove the special seals from its uranium enrichment equipment.

Democrat and Republican members of Congress agreed that it was preferable for action to be taken against Iran through UN-imposed sanctions, but there was recognition that Russia and China might veto such a move.

Russia has a $US1 billion ($A1.3 billion) project in Iran to build the country's first nuclear reactor and Iran is one of China's major oil suppliers. Senator McCain agreed that any action against Iran by the UN could seriously disrupt oil supplies and have a serious impact on the world economy. "If the price of oil has to go up then that's a consequence we would have to suffer."

Meanwhile, Newsweek has reported that International Atomic Energy Agency head Mohamed ElBaradei says he cannot be sure that Iran's nuclear program is for peaceful purposes. "For the last three years we have been doing intensive verification in Iran and even after after three years, I am not yet in a position to make a judgement on the peaceful nature of the program," he says.

"If they have the nuclear material and they have a parallel weaponisation program along the way, they are really not very far — a few months — from a weapon."

^ ^This is complete and utter bullshit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-01-16, 11:50 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Our government fucking sucks"
Sen. John McCain - "But there's only one thing worse than the United States exercising the military option; that is a nuclear-armed Iran."

Anyone else find that hilarious? The only thing worse than U.S. soldiers killing thousands of civilians is a nuclear bomb.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-01-16, 01:00 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Our government fucking sucks"
Quote:
^ ^This is complete and utter bullshit.
Nice touch.

----------

The only reason no-one wants Iran to have nuclear weapons is because they want to be the big boys. Only the big boys belong to the nuclear weapons group. If you're not liked by the US then you're not joining, simple as. So therefore, no weapons for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-16, 08:51 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Nice touch. :) ---------- The..."
And the fact that Iran is a major terrorist harborer(sp).

Personally I'm kinda of split on where I stand. The contriversy(sp) over oil is only going to get worse and worse everywhere as we drain more and more of it. So we either have to go overthere and litterally just take it all right now, and annex Iran as part of America or you someone is going to have to take one for the team and start sucking some Irany dick, so:
1. They don't start another fucking world war.
2. Oil
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-01-16, 11:43 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "And the fact that Iran is a major..."
Meh, I just see cash and greedy people in government. It's all setup and played out in many different ways. You think the other countrys are at fault but truthfully we just make them look bad so we can go kill them and steal their posessions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
logik is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenlogik is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

logik

Posted 2006-01-17, 10:01 AM in reply to logik's post starting "Meh, I just see cash and greedy people..."
And the oil. Musn't forget the oil.

Kill
Steal
Oil

I'm surprised there's no a-raping and a-pillaging and a-rushing-around-in-horned-helmets-setting-fire-to-the-thatch-as-people-run-away-screaming-for-life-ing.

And in the end, Bush can just blame it all on God.

"He came to me in a vision and told me to inviade Tie-Rack and then invade Tie-Ranch."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-19, 11:05 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And the oil. Musn't forget the oil. ..."
Unless my eyes have failed me this isn't Bush's statement? It seems to me that writing "BUllSHit" and bashing the president where it is not due isn't an effective method of creating an argument. I don't understand the constant need to bash him. Sure he's a bad president, but what does the topic of this article and this thread have to do with him? Partisan bullshit cheapshots only weaken your argument and make you look immature.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2006-01-20, 10:27 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Unless my eyes have failed me this..."
He's like 13 years old, what do you expect?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-01-20, 11:36 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "He's like 13 years old, what do you..."
The most mature and intelligent 13 year old I know. Pretty sure he's 14 now.

stfu darwin!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-01-20, 01:49 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "The most mature and intelligent 13 year..."
You have your own opinions, I have mine. If you don't want to hear mine, you can go to a different forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-01-20, 02:28 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Unless my eyes have failed me this..."
Penny_Bags said:
Unless my eyes have failed me this isn't Bush's statement? It seems to me that writing "BUllSHit" and bashing the president where it is not due isn't an effective method of creating an argument. I don't understand the constant need to bash him. Sure he's a bad president, but what does the topic of this article and this thread have to do with him?
Meh, I bash the president every chance I get. I think pretty much wherever I write "bullshit" I highlight the bu and sh, so it's not just this thread. I'm not trying to start an argument, or be partisian, I was just posting a news article, along with bashing bush on every chance I get.

Quote:
Partisan bullshit cheapshots only weaken your argument and make you look immature.
I agree. But I wasn't really starting an argument, or even trying to be partisian . . . I just . . . do that.

Quote:
He's like 13 years old, what do you expect?
What in the name of flying fuck is that supposed to mean? Have nothing intelligent to say so you attack my age? Like that hasn't been overdone. Age, in an argument, and especially at a forum, is practically meaningless. If I have valid points, whether you agree with them or not, what difference does my age make?

And yea . . . on that note, age obviously doesn't make that huge of a difference, I'll be graduating high-school at 15 so . . . yea.

Quote:
Pretty sure he's 14 now.
Correct. 15 soon.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2006-01-20 at 02:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-01-20, 04:44 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Meh, I bash the president every chance..."
Take Off Every Zig!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2006-01-21, 10:09 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Meh, I bash the president every chance..."
mjordan2nd said:
Meh, I bash the president every chance I get. I think pretty much wherever I write "bullshit" I highlight the bu and sh, so it's not just this thread. I'm not trying to start an argument, or be partisian, I was just posting a news article, along with bashing bush on every chance I get.

I agree. But I wasn't really starting an argument, or even trying to be partisian . . . I just . . . do that.
Well in that case, you are fine! haha... but if you were starting an arguement........... heh :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2006-01-21, 11:43 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Well in that case, you are fine!..."
Just move to Canada. Problem solved.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2006-01-21, 03:10 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Just move to Canada. Problem solved."
Jamesadin said:
Just move to Canada. Problem solved.
In that case the "Our" in this threads title would be replaced with "America's."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-01-21, 04:09 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Just move to Canada. Problem solved."
What's the temperature in your area, James?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-01-21, 06:17 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "What's the temperature in your area,..."
-10 C.

Not bad for this time of the year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2006-01-21, 08:41 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "-10 C. Not bad for this time of the..."
That's pretty cold. It was 55 F here, that's almost a record high for this time of year. Why is it so warm everywhere?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-01-21, 10:48 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "That's pretty cold. It was 55 F here,..."
fucken global warming. Soon the ice caps will melt and we will all be living like that movie Waterworld staring Kevin Costner. But this time, hell pay for somebody to make him a boat and find "dry land."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-01-22, 03:17 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "fucken global warming. Soon the ice..."
Ever read a book called 'Exodus'? That's about a world under water. They've got these giant cities built on huge stilts in the middle of the oceans.

----------

Dar_Win, it ain't too warm here. 'S only 3C. Then again, Northern Britain is always cold.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny