Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

The Expanse
Posted 2022-01-16, 07:59 AM
The Expanse, a hard sci-fi TV show adapted from the book series of the same name just ended. Have any of you been watching it? What did you think about it? The last season was a short one; do you think that negatively impacted it?

As for myself, this has been the only persisting “Must watch” for the past two years. I love the way that the dangers of space are a character in the story, rather than something to handwave away with magic technology and that similarly, the lack of gravity in space is not handwaved away, but instead we frequently have scenes with things floating, rather than it being a rare occurrence. The mystery and suspense of the first two seasons was great, and though I generally dislike politics, by the time that takes center stage, I was invested enough in all sides that it was impactful. The fifth season felt a bit slow, but was still interesting. The last season was slightly too fast, but was also super impactful. The fifth episode, in particular, required time to process and recover from the experience. The last episode felt a bit rushed, trying to wrap everything up with too little time, and was really the only episode of the entire series that felt a bit dishonest about the story. Even so, I like where things ended up. I am hopeful that after a break they might come back and do the rest of the books (My understanding is that there is a very long time gap between the sixth and seventh book)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired