Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2004-03-13, 02:53 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "With a guy like "Jeb" around, who..."
It still came down to being that close of a call didn't it? It's not like Jeb just said, "hmm, i choose my brother to be president." No, People voted for him. In fact a LOT of people voted for him. To get those votes takes a certain skill and aparently Bush has that skill.
sig coming soon click for sig page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2004-03-13, 05:12 PM in reply to King Kai 3's post starting "It still came down to being that close..."
Okay, but after all is said and done, Gore had more votes in Florida.

Bush had more connections. Story.

Also, I just said the Jeb comment out of sarcasm, I'm not looking for some meaningless political debate. I don't know enough facts about everything that happened there to get into one.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2004-03-13 at 05:15 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-03-13, 05:28 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "With a guy like "Jeb" around, who..."
Just a note, I wouldn't say the president is the most powerful person in the world. The president actually doesn't have as much power as people think he does. Alan Greenspan is probably the most powerful man in the world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-03-13, 05:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Just a note, I wouldn't say the..."
Thought he retired.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-03-13, 06:17 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "You realize we don't ridicule him..."
RoboticSilence said:
You realize we don't ridicule him because 9/11 happened, we ridicule him because he's dumber than a brick.
I think he should learn better English skills.He pronounces nuclear nuc-u-lar and for some reason that bugs me and I have no idea why.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-03-13, 09:43 PM in reply to King Kai 3's post starting "Actually, that's a very good responce...."
http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-03-13, 10:32 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html"
Wow, that flash is fucking scary if it's all true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-03-13, 11:08 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html"
God! SHe seems like such the bitch..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-14, 06:13 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "You realize we don't ridicule him..."
You ridicule him because of they way he has handled 9/11. Of course you can't blame him for the whole situation. What really gets me going is right after 9/11 happened, EVERYONE wanted to do something about it. Well, we did and everyone got pissed. Care to explain that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-03-14, 11:02 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You ridicule him because of they way he..."
I don't dislike bush for the way he handled 9/11. I don't see much other way he could have responded to a vicious and unprecedented attack like that. By attacking terrorists, he handled that well. I now realize that America had to respond, regardless of the innocent people that died. Taking out Al-qaeda was important. I dislike bush because, as RS stated, he actually might be dumber than a brick. If you hold a high American office, such as governor, you should know who the PM of Canada is. Don't try to cover it up. He had no idea what he was talking about, and if he didn't know people were talking about then he should've asked. That wasn't a smart response. It was a stupid response.

One slip-up I can see, and someone being watched as close as the president, I can see many slip-ups, but look at the long list of "Bushisms." Look back in the chat forum, around a month or two ago. I had posted many "Bushisms," and the sad thing is that was a mere fraction of his slip-ups. The worst thing is, that I don't even think the man realized he had slipped up on some of them, until he was told later.

I was in India for the summer, and the media there had a much different story of what was happening in Iraq than what you hear here. Most of the Iraqi people would rather have Saddam than an American government. You would think we're helping the Iraqi people, hell I can see why one would look at it that way, but unless someone asks you for help you shouldn't try to force help down there throats. And where are the supposed weapons of mass destruction that this whole war was over? I'll tell you where they are. Right here: http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ Now, considering this war was over nothing, imagine how it would feel if you lost a brother, sister, mother, father, or close friend as a casualty of war, simply because Dubya needed to finish what daddy started.

Some of you claim that he exemplifies the values that the founding fathers of America created this country on, but on the contrary, he is diminishing the very values that this country was created on. The founding fathers of this country separated church and state for a reason, yet you are saying that him having strong Christian values somehow strengthens the basis of our nation. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Not only has he lead us into a frivolous war in Iraq, but perhaps you have not heard of the Patriot Act, where he is taking away your right to protection against unreasonable search and seizure. Perhaps you have not heard of how he has let Ashcroft eat away at our right to fair trial. The worst thing is that he is Ashcroft's puppet. Ashcroft is a scary man. And what about withdrawing from the anti-ballistic missile treaty. Now, I wonder, what would he want to do that for.

"There ought to be limits to freedom." That is a quote straight from your beloved president. Now, at first look, I guess the quote doesn't look all that bad, but you have no idea what he is referring to with that quote. Perhaps you think there ought to be limits to what arms we can bear or something. Well, it's not about that. Bush said this about a website that was attacking him; about what he has done in the past with drugs and stuff. Again, I must ask, why would he want to do this? Simply so there isn't bad things said about him. This doesn't sound like democracy to me. This is altering the Bill of Rights. I'm sure that our founding fathers just wanted to change the first amendment and abolish our freedom of speech. Great way to run a democracy! If we keep this up we might end up in a (*pause*) dictatorship.

And as for him being dumb, well, lets see, he has managed to screw the English language in just about every way possible. When any other president did that he was brutally criticized about it, but with Bush, it is a "bushism."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-03-14, 11:25 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You ridicule him because of they way he..."
Jizmo said:
You ridicule him because of they way he has handled 9/11. Of course you can't blame him for the whole situation. What really gets me going is right after 9/11 happened, EVERYONE wanted to do something about it. Well, we did and everyone got pissed. Care to explain that?
Exactly my feelings
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-03-14, 02:04 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I don't dislike bush for the way he..."
Quote:
By attacking terrorists, he handled that well.
Really? A war on terrorism. War on an idea. Honestly, I see no logic in that. How do you engage in war upon an IDEA? People who act with terroristic notions now that's another story because you can engage war on that person and his people. All Bush did in that situation is use some diction (terrorism) from a vulnerable situation (Nine Eleven) that America happened to be scared of at that time. I mean the word terrorism is so vague. It could mean anything and anybody depending on the interpretation. Kill some inocent bystanders, "Oh don't worry they were terrorists." I see the war on terrorism as an exploitation of american fear and an excuse to kill whoever he damn well wants.

Quote:
If you hold a high American office, such as governor, you should know who the PM of Canada is
Who said he didn't?

Quote:
Most of the Iraqi people would rather have Saddam than an American government.
Bullshit. Don't say most because it's a small percentage. Do you think the ENTIRE race of Kurds who live in Iraq wanted him in power? I think not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2004-03-14, 06:29 PM in reply to King Kai 3's post starting "Really? A war on terrorism. War on an..."
King Kai 3 said:
Really? A war on terrorism. War on an idea. Honestly, I see no logic in that. How do you engage in war upon an IDEA? People who act with terroristic notions now that's another story because you can engage war on that person and his people. All Bush did in that situation is use some diction (terrorism) from a vulnerable situation (Nine Eleven) that America happened to be scared of at that time. I mean the word terrorism is so vague. It could mean anything and anybody depending on the interpretation. Kill some inocent bystanders, "Oh don't worry they were terrorists." I see the war on terrorism as an exploitation of american fear and an excuse to kill whoever he damn well wants.
I thought you were pro-Bush... you seem to be switching sides here.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-03-14, 07:05 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I thought you were pro-Bush... you seem..."
Don't patronize me!!!

Last edited by King Kai 3; 2004-03-14 at 07:16 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

King Kai 3

Posted 2004-03-16, 07:18 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "With a guy like "Jeb" around, who..."
I'd vote for him...because I don't feel comfortable with Democrats. Meh, but that's just because most of my family is republican.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-03-16, 07:23 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I'd vote for him...because I don't feel..."
I all of a sudden am against him....... hes completely against the use of marijauna at all...and there are a bunch of other things that he and his administration have done recently to piss me off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-16, 07:27 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I all of a sudden am against him.........."
Sovereign said:
I all of a sudden am against him....... hes completely against the use of marijauna at all...and there are a bunch of other things that he and his administration have done recently to piss me off.
lol, I wouldn't have a problem with Mary Jane provided it was for only medicinal purposes, but until the message that Mary Jane is for MEDICINE, I am against the use of it as well. I also support him because (sigh, dun get mad at me people) he is against same-sex marriage. But to each his own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-03-16, 07:51 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "lol, I wouldn't have a problem with..."
Try good ole Mary Jane ONCE, adn trust me youll be all for making responsible use of it 100 percnt legal, with soem limitations of course.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Battlecruiser is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBattlecruiser is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Battlecruiser

Posted 2004-03-16, 08:33 PM in reply to Battlecruiser's post starting "Try good ole Mary Jane ONCE, adn trust..."
Not only that but after trying it ONCE you begin to spell words like and, "adn" and words like percent, "percnt" and words like some, "soem."

Magical stuff eh?

I'm not even going to begin with Kagom Jack...

Quote:
I all of a sudden am against him....... hes completely against the use of marijauna at all
Um, that's nothing new. Him and just about every other republican have ALWAYS been against the use of marijuana.

Robotic Silence is a
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

King Kai 3

Posted 2004-03-16, 08:42 PM in reply to King Kai 3's post starting "Not only that but after trying it ONCE..."
Oh, I'm sorry. Would you prefer I use proper grammar? Truth be told, I type to fast for my own good. I don't capitalize letters, I don't spell check at all, I'm basically a horrid typer. When I type really fast, some words come out with the letters switched around. It is merely a typo. You, my friend, don't seem to understand what marijuana does to you. I would recommend that you check out www.norml.com .

And regarding your whole "republicans have always been against marijuana" quote. Up until a short while ago, I was not interested in politics. I didn't care for what people stood for or anything about them for that matter. Now that I am reading up on these people, and seeing that Bush is even saying no to making marijuana medicinal, I'm beggining to dislike them more and more. Yes, I just discovered that a few weeks ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign