Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Posted 2003-05-23, 03:31 PM
zagggon said:
no sensesia i have NEVER used hotkeys on any blizzard game, i just like clicking
Not even Diablo2? You select the skill with your mouse? And in SC, you never press A to attack? Instead you click on attack and select an location...?

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-23, 05:48 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
yes true true. i just dont like the feeling that i am not making all the choices... besides clicking is addictive in a way, i like it better
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-05-27, 02:53 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
zagggon said:
yes true true. i just dont like the feeling that i am not making all the choices... besides clicking is addictive in a way, i like it better
I guess if thats how you are, then cool, but you are making all the choices using hotkeys, just, IMHO, doing them faster...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-05-27, 03:51 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
I can hit a button faster than I can click a button. I'm not too precise with my mouse, but I know where all the keys are..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-05-27, 07:17 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
i just like the feeling that i hold all the power by just pressing down one button instead of many like hotkeys.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-05-28, 02:24 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
So in D2 with a sorce, you'd click teleport, then you'd click nova or orb when you wanted to attack?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dmaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDmaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dmaster

Posted 2003-05-28, 07:03 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
yes, but i mainly play wc3 now but yea thats what i would do lol sounds dumb but hey it my way of getting around... but ne wayz nobody uses a sorce these days to pk on west. cuz of all the whites
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2003-05-28, 07:56 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
Yeah, 95% Light, fire, and ice absorb will pretty much screw a sorc over, and if they have 2 of em... sheesh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-05-28, 09:01 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
yes its very sad my brother made a pk sorce on west b4 i could tell him about whites and he joined a game and got owned by a lvl 68 pally that had 2 whites. he was so dissapointed, cuz it was his first lvl 90...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2003-05-28, 09:09 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
Younger brother? Just wondering.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-05-28, 09:18 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
zagggon said:
yes, but i mainly play wc3 now but yea thats what i would do lol sounds dumb but hey it my way of getting around... but ne wayz nobody uses a sorce these days to pk on west. cuz of all the whites
dueling without using hotkeys are really newbish.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-30, 06:56 AM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
Senesia said:
zagggon said:
dueling without using hotkeys are really newbish.
saying its newbish is pretty lame, if its how he likes to play, why do you put him down for it, hotkeys are easy, but he likes to have control let him be jesus..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Soup is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSoup is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Soup

Posted 2003-05-30, 09:30 AM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
Dueling without using hotkeys is REALLY newbish. Seriously. Happy now?

No? So, if you are a Baba, you would probably use shout/BO. You click on the right skill, choose shout, cast, click again, choose BO, cast. Right. For the first time you leave town that could work. But you can't recast them easily without hotkey.

And what are you going to do if you want to switch to Zerk for awhile? What if you want to switch to the 2nd gear? Not using hotkey...I hope he doesn't mean hotkeys like, (I)nventory etc. Or else he will need to click to the inventory and then click switch in the midst of a duel. Which would be pretty impossible.

Therefore I made an assumption: he has two set skills that he doesn't change, doesn't use secondary gear etc. That would be newbish, wouldn't it?

I didn't put him down, I didn't say zagggon is newbish. All I said was Dueling without using hotkeys is really newbish. I'm criticizing an action, not a person. And I am in no way trying to convince him to use hotkeys. I merely pointed out a fact.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-05-30, 12:08 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
Soup
May 2003
Imp
Synthesis

STFU. kthx.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-01, 09:35 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
just becuase you dont use hotkeys does not mean ur a newb senesia. ur just jealous becuase u have to use hotkeys to be good LOL, jk its all cool im just saying that whatever way some one prefers to play does not make them a newb
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2003-06-02, 12:17 AM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
I didn't say you are a newbie, I said the way of dueling without using hotkeys is newbish.

Read my post again.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-03, 06:37 AM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
Ah, I guess your right, you didnt have to explain it, I played the damn game for 3 years, finally sick of it after i got CS, its not a match at all so yeah, its just lame that you say its kinda lame, maybe people will be good with clicking it, fast than you.. maybe not..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Soup is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSoup is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Soup

Posted 2003-06-03, 11:37 AM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
Actually I don't think Zagggon would be too succesful in legit dueling without hotkeys. But of course...he uses white, hex, ith, quark etc. (If you're around for a while, you'd know.) to make up for whatever he lacks.

And then his posts about "Stop botting you're ruining the game" bother me quite a bit, mainly because of his hypocrisy.

Finally...what is the point of this thread anyway? He isn't talking about any no-hotkey strategies. Just another thread to get people's attention.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-03, 12:12 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
Psst.. this is the war3 forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-06-03, 12:42 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Not even Diablo2? You select the skill..."
no, dueling without using hotkeys is not newbish, thats UR opinion but its very possible that some1 dueling using hotkeys and some1 dueling that is not using them could own the person using hotkeys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon