Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

> Need help with downloading cod 5 (Safe downloading)
Posted 2009-04-29, 10:49 AM
I wan't to download call of duty 5 but i don't wan't to download the torrent way because of the IPRED law in my country. Do you guys know if i can download it from anywhere else? And if you have any tip regarding safe downloading except VPN and open network please tell me =) It sucks not being able to live free on the internet
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Fooli enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzFooli enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Fooli

Posted 2009-04-29, 11:35 AM in reply to Fooli's post "> Need help with downloading cod 5..."
It's in the FAQ that we can't explicitly post links, or tell you where you can download things illegally.

http://www.zelaron.com/forum/faq.php...aq_rules_warez

Quote:
You may not direct or link people to places that they can find specific copyrighted materials illegally.
The answer to the question is probably "Yes" but very little more, and tips can be given freely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-04-29, 11:43 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's in the FAQ that we can't..."
Bit torrent

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-04-29, 11:44 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's in the FAQ that we can't..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
It's in the FAQ that we can't explicitly post links, or tell you where you can download things illegally.

http://www.zelaron.com/forum/faq.php...aq_rules_warez

The answer to the question is probably "Yes" but very little more, and tips can be given freely.
ok sorry for my stupidness
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Fooli enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzFooli enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Fooli

Posted 2009-04-29, 12:17 PM in reply to Fooli's post "> Need help with downloading cod 5..."
Chruser has experience with a program that makes it impossible to trace internet stuff back to you. Might be able to use that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-04-29, 12:36 PM in reply to Fooli's post "> Need help with downloading cod 5..."
Fooli said: [Goto]
I wan't to download call of duty 5 but i don't wan't to download the torrent way because of the IPRED law in my country. Do you guys know if i can download it from anywhere else? And if you have any tip regarding safe downloading except VPN and open network please tell me =) It sucks not being able to live free on the internet
You are being watched Fooli. You never know who works for the government here...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-04-29, 01:17 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Chruser has experience with a program..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Chruser has experience with a program that makes it impossible to trace internet stuff back to you. Might be able to use that.
Crusher=Zelaron?

lol Goto
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Fooli

Posted 2009-04-29, 01:58 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Chruser has experience with a program..."
care to elaborate without me having to google it?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-04-29, 02:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "care to elaborate without me having to..."
D3V said: [Goto]
care to elaborate without me having to google it?
He is obviously delusional, because nothing is impossible. I will bet money there is a way to trace whatever program Chruser uses.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-04-29, 02:22 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "He is obviously delusional, because..."
I would like to think the way. It probably randomizes through thousands of proxys, hides the original IP and sends the signal through a damn infinate loop or sumpn.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-04-29, 09:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "care to elaborate without me having to..."
I don't remember what it's called. It's impossible to trace because each connection is encrypted and each client is also a relay. It bounces the traffic arround a bunch before it exits and you can't tell where it came from because each originator is also a relay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-04-30, 04:53 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I don't remember what it's called. ..."
I don't remember what it's called. It's impossible to trace because each connection is encrypted and each client is also a relay. It bounces the traffic arround a bunch before it exits and you can't tell where it came from because each originator is also a relay.

I don't recall what I was referring to. Tor may have been it governing that it is preserves your privacy reasonably well. Unfortunately, it is still possible for others to spy on exit nodes or look at DNS leaks caused by Privoxy and Tor-button in Firefox. However, it generally requires a considerable amount of effort to trace anyone in such a manner.

Otherwise, there's Your-Freedom, which is basically a free, relatively simple-to-use Java-based VPN service. It has been pretty popular in China for people desiring to route around their nation-spanning firewalls. However, their free service only offers a full duplex 7 KB/s transfer rate. Their paid services offer a better bandwidth, but many other VPN providers, such as Ivacy, offer paid services as well.

If you happen to be a patient and reasonably immoral person, it may be a viable alternative to procure a 2.4 GHz 15+ dBi parabolic antenna (mesh antennas can be lugged around with moderate ease and are fit for outdoor use). If you can actually see what you're aiming at, their operational range is generally at least 3 km (although their signal cones generally contain 5º or smaller planar angles, so it's tricky to get it right). Then, you can access someone else's wireless network (with their permission, of course!) and watch them burn once they get ascribed the legal responsibility for your information misadventures.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-04-30 at 04:57 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-05-01, 06:30 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I don't recall what I was referring to...."
Chruser said: [Goto]
I don't recall what I was referring to. Tor may have been it governing that it is preserves your privacy reasonably well. Unfortunately, it is still possible for others to spy on exit nodes or look at DNS leaks caused by Privoxy and Tor-button in Firefox. However, it generally requires a considerable amount of effort to trace anyone in such a manner.

Otherwise, there's Your-Freedom, which is basically a free, relatively simple-to-use Java-based VPN service. It has been pretty popular in China for people desiring to route around their nation-spanning firewalls. However, their free service only offers a full duplex 7 KB/s transfer rate. Their paid services offer a better bandwidth, but many other VPN providers, such as Ivacy, offer paid services as well.

If you happen to be a patient and reasonably immoral person, it may be a viable alternative to procure a 2.4 GHz 15+ dBi parabolic antenna (mesh antennas can be lugged around with moderate ease and are fit for outdoor use). If you can actually see what you're aiming at, their operational range is generally at least 3 km (although their signal cones generally contain 5º or smaller planar angles, so it's tricky to get it right). Then, you can access someone else's wireless network (with their permission, of course!) and watch them burn once they get ascribed the legal responsibility for your information misadventures.
7 KB/s transfer rate. that's worthless =( Lol those antennas are rude
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Fooli

Posted 2009-05-01, 06:33 AM in reply to Fooli's post starting "7 KB/s transfer rate. that's worthless..."
You could download it via a wifi network as well. Go into a large public area and do your works, with the assistant of these identity hiding programs.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-05-01, 06:52 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "You could download it via a wifi..."
You could download it via a wifi network as well. Go into a large public area and do your works, with the assistant of these identity hiding programs.
my router sucks so i can't download torrents with it. And i live on the countryside
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Fooli

Posted 2009-05-01, 07:02 AM in reply to Fooli's post starting "my router sucks so i can't download..."
You might be better off just buying the game.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-05-01, 07:03 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "You might be better off just buying the..."
You might be better off just buying the game.
I'm a poor little boy =P I even owe my parents money xD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Fooli

Posted 2009-05-01, 12:24 PM in reply to Fooli's post starting "I'm a poor little boy =P I even owe my..."
Fooli said: [Goto]
I'm a poor little boy =P I even owe my parents money xD
Well if you were going to steal the game off the internet but can't do it for whatever reason and you can't afford to buy it, just go to the game store and steal it.

edit: almost forgot the
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-01, 06:42 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Well if you were going to steal the..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Fooli

Posted 2009-05-02, 07:10 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I don't recall what I was referring to...."
Good idea Chruser! My brother's in his second to last class for electrical engineering, and actually has an antenna, so I may ask him to make one of these. Just do a little calculus and then put some cut wire on cardboard, waalaah.

---------------------------------

On second thought, this is highly illegal so we won't do it. But he said a yagi(sp?) antenna would work too.

Last edited by Willkillforfood; 2009-05-02 at 07:39 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood