Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

We need new members? How are we going do it?
Posted 2005-12-01, 01:02 PM
Previously we attracted them via games and "hacks" like with DII. I guess Taco did some advertising too. But really the forum is just off topic nonsense now, which there are much larger forums for, like SomethingAwful. So how do we compete with that? We need ideas to get people to post.

The only thing I can think of right now is telling everyone on your buddy list to join the forum. http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38234

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2005-12-01 at 09:57 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-12-01, 02:19 PM in reply to Grav's post "We need new members? How are we going..."
A lot of new members seem to be playing WoW. Create an official Zelaron WoW guild on a new server where people would likely join a guild with an already existing member-base. I'm not going to quit playing on Burning Legion with Volls and all, but all the newer members in the game could go to the Zelaron guild on a new server and that would help attract members.

Of course, this doesn't have to be WoW. This idea could apply to pretty much any game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-12-01, 02:21 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "A lot of new members seem to be playing..."
So who's going to do it? I don't play WoW, so we would need someone to organize this. And to be honest, I doubt the people here are willing to do it. Not so much the organizing, but leaving their respective servers to play on the new one and be active. People are probably pretty niched into their little WoW worlds by now.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2005-12-01 at 02:26 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-12-01, 03:49 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "So who's going to do it? I don't play..."
I have an idea, make threads about something that is worth talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Bon Clay

Posted 2005-12-01, 03:51 PM in reply to Bon Clay's post starting "I have an idea, make threads about..."
Bon Clay said:
I have an idea, make threads about something that is worth talking about.
Please enlighten us with your vastly superior thread-making capabilities.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-12-01, 03:53 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Please enlighten us with your vastly..."
Sorry I can't help you there, this is the limitation of my forum knowledge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Bon Clay

Posted 2005-12-01, 03:55 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Please enlighten us with your vastly..."
i thought of a way to start gaining people to our forum through halo. I dont have the equipment, but somebody, maybe sue or glory, can make a montage and send it to me. I can then post it on many halo realted forumes and say that we chat about it here, with other games like dII. WoW, etc. i can also talk to guys on xbox live that i play with and encourage them to join but these are just ideas righ now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-12-01, 04:19 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "i thought of a way to start gaining..."
Set up a D2 spam bot, thats easy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2005-12-01, 04:21 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "Set up a D2 spam bot, thats easy."
But the D2 section of this is mostly dead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2005-12-01, 04:22 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "But the D2 section of this is mostly..."
If we get members that play d2, they are bound to talk about d2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2005-12-01, 04:22 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "If we get members that play d2, they..."
Well, are you willing to set up bots then?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2005-12-01, 04:26 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Well, are you willing to set up bots..."
Honestly D2 is not a good basis, who the fuck still plays D2. I quit when they deleted my account back with that 1.10 patch.

Although I had stopped playing long before that, killing cows for hours loses its luster rather quickly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Bon Clay

Posted 2005-12-01, 09:51 PM in reply to Bon Clay's post starting "Honestly D2 is not a good basis, who..."
Bon Clay said:
Although I had stopped playing long before that, killing cows for hours loses its luster rather quickly.
Its now baal's minions/ baal no cows..cows=sux=\
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-12-01, 10:35 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Its now baal's minions/ baal no..."
Even still it's boring, I recommend WoW base. Go to the Wow off topic forum and spam this website. Tell them you have hacks over here or something, I'm pretty sure that's how I got hooked back in the d2 days. (Bots 'n all)

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-12-01, 10:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Even still it's boring, I recommend WoW..."
Alright, then we've established that bots are a horrible idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2005-12-02, 09:48 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Alright, then we've established that..."
Here here. If you create a WoW guild I will NOT participate :P. Got a guild on alleria now full of nice people that raids MC and such . No use leaving that . Good luck with it all though, Graviton bothered me on AIM to talk on here again .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-02, 09:48 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Here here. If you create a WoW guild I..."
One more thing ...stop having threads go bad so quickly. It's pretty annoying :P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-03, 07:14 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "One more thing ...stop having threads..."
yea ...it's annoying now, I've lost about 20 posts worth of typing due to threads being out of date or whatever. I'm gonna do the honorable samurai thing and disembowel myself now. Goodnight.

Edited by WetWired 
BANNED for tripple posting

Last edited by WetWired; 2005-12-03 at 07:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-03, 05:19 PM in reply to Grav's post "We need new members? How are we going..."
Grav, interesting subject!

Google indexes approximately 133,000 pages containing the key word "Zelaron", most of which are threads on Zelaron.com. A majority of our visitors find the board via Google and other search engines when a thread's text content matches their search query.

What happens when a board has 436,118 unique posts? Quite a few people who have interests in things mentioned in those unique posts will inevitably visit the forum. In other words, one fool-proof way to get visitors is simply to add new content (make new posts) about interesting subjects, and wait for it to be indexed by search engines (may take 30 days or more on Google). 100 informative posts about World of Warcraft will bring... you got it, visitors interested in World of Warcraft.

The million dollar question is, what is the result of the current Chat Forum - World of Warcraft post ratio of 121863 : 3694?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2005-12-03 at 05:23 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2005-12-03, 05:36 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Grav, interesting subject! Google..."
That's alright because World of Warcraft r0xx0rz your b0xx0rz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood