Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Why I hate other gamers.
Posted 2008-04-26, 08:48 AM
Lenny said:
In comparison to FFXII, it depends on what you thought about it. It's safe to see we all agree FFXII tried to push boundaries, particularly with it's new battle system.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

This is what I hate about modern day console games. They claim they have NEW systems. While it may be new to the franchise or company they are far from new. I am ashamed that I know more about a England DOS game then Lenny does but oh well. I have seen this same system on an older game. I know the name and I won't say it where Lenny can see it I want him to feel bad for not knowing about it as much as I do.

I think this game in particular is Windows compatible. Nevertheless. I find more and more console games are using these "new" systems which are either complete rips of older PC games or rip n' remade versions where all they did was add a few things. Needless to say this old game uses the same exact system FF12 does. The map you walk on and talk to people with is where you fight at no battle scenes or combat music. No victory theme.

Needless to say I am losing faith in the console gaming industry because of this. But I am also losing faith in the skills and intelligence of gamers when they don't realize that console game makers are trying to cheat. You cannot say it's "All new" or "New" alone because that would imply that it is a never before used system. You can however say "New to the franchise" because that would imply that you realize it was used before and you also realize that the only difference is that it was put onto something with more graphics. It failed 15 years ago why would it take off now? New crowd? No? People still hate it. What made it take off was it's name once again. As soon as people see Final Fantasy on something it's automatically the best game ever. This just proves it. You see with franchise loyal eyes when you should see with eyes unclouded.

Needless to say is Lenny's head like this yet? I can't hold in the super secret mystery game any longer.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-04-26, 10:23 AM in reply to hotdog's post "Why I hate other gamers."
Did it have gambits? If not, you can hardly call it the same.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-04-26, 11:47 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Did it have gambits? If not, you can..."
In all honesty, I'm sick of new games adding in all of these "new features" in every game. Most of the time they are pointless and annoying. What's wrong with sticking with something that works?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-26, 12:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "In all honesty, I'm sick of new games..."
!King_Amazon! said:
In all honesty, I'm sick of new games adding in all of these "new features" in every game. Most of the time they are pointless and annoying. What's wrong with sticking with something that works?
Agreed. The reason Final Fantasy 7, Diablo 2, Starcraft, etc. were so popular was because the system worked.

I liked a game like SWG at first because it was a system I was used to, but when they changed it to be like WoW (which I liked, but SWG had no business trying to be WoW), the game was ruined, imo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2008-04-27, 01:01 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Did it have gambits? If not, you can..."
WetWired said:
Did it have gambits? If not, you can hardly call it the same.
Yes it did. They were built in though and they were very effective. Like when your guy is using a bow he does not draw a melee weapon and start attacking the enemy. He actually looks for weapons that suit his training and whatnot. So you don't get the mage that decides to use his dagger over a fireball and you don't get a fireball being used on a fire elemental.

All in all it was a neat little game. The fact that you didn't have to assign gambits yourself was awesome. If you were poisoned your guy would drink an antidote. All you needed to do was talk to people and move your guys around. Like FF12 minus all the nerdy comupter jock gambit crap. By the way we call those switches.

I am not bashing on FF12 here. I like the game but I think in a nutshell the reason I hate other gamers is because they are letting themselves get cheated by companies.

hotdog losing self-control...can't hold back game name for much longer.

Too the other two. I like new things being added. But only if they work and add to the gameplay without ruining a working game system. You should download Starless Umbra. He just added the whole tech system and it did nothing to diminish the gameplay. It just added a very simple and easy thing that let's you feel like you have more control over character development. Which is the real reason why Diablo 2 was so big. People loved the story. People loved the gameplay. People loved the ability to create a semi-unique character. Those three things alone make any game lovable. New things should be tryed out yes. But they should at least do extensive testing and try to finish it before releasing it.

As I said before though. NonGayMan and KA. If you play some older DOS games you will come to find out that a lot of these "new things" are actually age old systems...back in the day when nerds were truly geniuses and were limited only by the lack of technology. I bet if you took someone from that time and compared them from someone from todays "Believe in what I believe in because I am your parent." time. You would get better results from 14 years ago. Why? Because back then no one limited their kids and hindered their progress. No one has a good imagination anymore. Don't believe me look at the drawings for most new games. Men dressing like new age boy band fags with rather revealing clothing. Women dressing like stupid spoiled whores. Machines that make absolutely no sense and look like they have a penis. Spaceships that are drawn and look like penises. Aliens that look like they have vaginas for mouths. People who have overly retarded hair would be acceptable at least you could say you imagined it. But making things look like a penis is unacceptable. And making people dress like prostitutes is also unacceptable.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-04-27, 11:39 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Yes it did. They were built in though..."
But the gambit system is what made FF12 great. You didn't have to rely on the computer's sense of what should happen. I can set up one person to constantly attack and have another designated to unpoison him if he gets hit. If the battle unfolds by hardcoded rules without your action every time, it sounds like a pretty shitty game. I want to be able to change up my strategy and try again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-04-27, 01:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "In all honesty, I'm sick of new games..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Agreed. Some of the most fun games I've ever played were released when I was young or before then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-27, 01:52 PM in reply to hotdog's post "Why I hate other gamers."
Oh noes, I don't know the name of a DOS game fomr two decades ago. Goodbye, cruel world! I'm going to strangle myself with my controller charging cable for being ignorant.

I don't give two figs about DOS games. Must have been a very good game, too, if a whole one person can remember it. Successful, too, if the system has only just been used again in the past couple of years.

You can read what I said in any way, but really you should be reading it as the battle system being new to Final Fantasies.

Can I also just say that I have a dislike for gamers who are arrogant and try to come across as superior because they know something someone else doesn't?

I also disagree with your point that devs these days have no imagination.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-27, 07:13 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Oh noes, I don't know the name of a DOS..."
There's a lot more to a game than what the develeopers code into them, there's also the aspect of graphic designers have to imply, storyline etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. So I disagree.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-27, 07:38 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "There's a lot more to a game than what..."
D3V said:
there's also the aspect of graphic designers have to imply
whut?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-27, 08:00 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Oh noes, I don't know the name of a DOS..."
Lenny said:
Oh noes, I don't know the name of a DOS game fomr two decades ago. Goodbye, cruel world! I'm going to strangle myself with my controller charging cable for being ignorant.
According to this I take it that you believe someone who knows nothing of war can become a great tactician.

Lenny said:
I don't give two figs about DOS games. Must have been a very good game, too, if a whole one person can remember it. Successful, too, if the system has only just been used again in the past couple of years.
Actually the game was quite successful considering the lack of dedicated gamers back then.

Lenny said:
You can read what I said in any way, but really you should be reading it as the battle system being new to Final Fantasies.
Then write like it. I read exactly as it's put down. I don't interpret things for hillbillies.

Lenny said:
Can I also just say that I have a dislike for gamers who are arrogant and try to come across as superior because they know something someone else doesn't?
This really should be a statement not a question.

That is not how I attempted to come across. I was trying to goad you into action

Lenny said:
I also disagree with your point that devs these days have no imagination.
Imagining things is totally different than having semi sexual or sexual fantasies and then drawing it.

On another note. Lenny responded to one of my posts...awesome.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2008-04-27, 08:37 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "According to this I take it that you..."
Chillax hotdog. You're being kinda rude.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-28, 12:12 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "According to this I take it that you..."
hotdog said:
According to this I take it that you believe someone who knows nothing of war can become a great tactician.
Ah, but it sometimes takes someone with no prior knowledge to solve the solution. Those who think outside the box are sometimes those who know not what they are trying to solve - a war tactician will know too much, and thus be chained to the conventions.

Quote:
Imagining things is totally different than having semi sexual or sexual fantasies and then drawing it.
You're being extremely general. Let's take a new example of a game... I know, GTA4 - the most anticipated game of the year. Hell, of the past few years. First off, show me the scantily clad main characters. Then show me how the game is unimaginative. No, ignore the gamplay (yes, it is repetitive, but who cares? No, seriously, who does?), and instead focus on the game mechanics, the totally immersive world... hell, a game with something like 500 fake, spoof brands, over 100 internet pages, a crazy square mileage (as well as vertical height) can not be called unimaginative.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-28, 05:16 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Chillax hotdog. You're being kinda..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Chillax hotdog. You're being kinda rude.
Wait until we tell Lenny that hotdog is French. It'll be on >: D.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood