Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Evil Grin SNES "manipulation"
Posted 2005-02-07, 07:36 PM
Does ANYONE here know how to manipulate the coding of a game? Like through Pro Action Replay or somthing...I was just wondering, so maybe you could teach me quickly. I don't think this really constitutes hacking, so its all good in my book.

Anyways, thanks for the help.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2005-02-07, 08:08 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "SNES "manipulation""
Using a PAR to manipulate the memory would probably be considered hacking, but I don't know how to do it on the console without having pre-made codes unless you know every memory address in the game which would be impossible.

I can do it on an emulator easy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-02-08, 11:22 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Using a PAR to manipulate the memory..."
That's what I wanna learn. PLEASE TEACH MEEE!!!!!
R.I.P
Pontiac

[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2005-02-08, 12:17 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "That's what I wanna learn. PLEASE TEACH..."
What emulator are you using?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-02-08, 12:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "What emulator are you using?"
Which would be the easiest? I currently have ZSNESW. I think it is pretty comprehensive, finding codes is easy as hell. I just need to know how to kinda "create" the codes. Thanks man.
R.I.P
Pontiac

[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:

Last edited by Draco2003; 2005-02-08 at 04:25 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Draco2003

Posted 2005-02-08, 05:44 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Which would be the easiest? I currently..."
What are you trying to change in the game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-02-08, 05:52 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "What are you trying to change in the..."
Hey, whats a good site to d/l emulators/games.
Edit: 
Nvm I stopped being so lazy and found emulator zone.

Actually I need some instructions on how to set them up, and make the games work and stuff. Lets use Visual Boy as an example shall we. I D/L-ed the emulator, and 1 game, now what? Where do I put the files and such?

Edit: 
nvm again

Last edited by Kaneda; 2005-02-08 at 06:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-02-08, 06:22 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Hey, whats a good site to d/l..."
Let's start with Chrono Trigger. I want to start as Magus, instead of Chrono. I know there is a code so that you look like Magus in the sub-menu and have his items, but I also want it to have his sprite.

Also could you give me a quick tutorial on how to do a few other random things, your choice.

Kaneda, when you D/L an emulator, you MIGHT need to right click, then click properties. Then click off Read-Only. Then when you are ready to load your ROM, just click File, Load ROM/Game, then look for the folder where your ROM is located. To make it easier, I put mine on my desktop. Then you just click the Up button and you should see it. Then load, and enjoy.

By the way, Visual Boy is a great GBA Emulator.
R.I.P
Pontiac

[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Draco2003

Posted 2005-02-08, 06:24 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Let's start with Chrono Trigger. I want..."
TY! I've gotten that but it says I need to do something w/ the bios. I CAN'T GET PASSED ANY OF THE TITLE SCREENS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kaneda; 2005-02-08 at 06:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-02-08, 09:53 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Let's start with Chrono Trigger. I want..."
I can only change things having to do with numbers, like strength, gold, stuff like that.

I wouldn't know how to do something like you are wanting to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-02-09, 11:29 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I can only change things having to do..."
Oh, okay. Anyways, thanks. You and Kaneda are the only people to EVER reply to me in any other forum outside of the RPG Maker one. What do you use to "hack" save states. I think there is a way to change it that way, although I am not sure. If I am going too far with anything, just let me know and I will not reply anymore. Don't want to get banned or anything.
R.I.P
Pontiac

[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Draco2003

Posted 2005-02-09, 08:23 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Oh, okay. Anyways, thanks. You and..."
You wouldn't get banned for stuff like this.

My guess is you would use a hex editor to edit a saved state, but how you would do that is beyond me.

Best I can do is what I stated above.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-02-10, 01:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You wouldn't get banned for stuff like..."
Thanks, I learned from some site on the web. What a coincidence, it was Chrono Trigger. I learned alot, it was very informative. It is actually quite easy to learn, you should try it. Hexadecimal isn't as hard as I believed it to be. Anyways, thanks again for trying.
R.I.P
Pontiac

[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Draco2003

Posted 2005-02-10, 05:20 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Thanks, I learned from some site on the..."
When I look at hex code it reminds me of packets which I'm scared of. I might check it out one day after I break the phobia.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!