Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Thumbs up Delta Force: Black Hawk Down Multiplayer Beta
Posted 2002-07-19, 12:40 PM
DELTA FORCE - BLACK HAWK DOWN BETA TEST ANNOUNCED
NovaLogic to release open multiplayer Beta Test in August
Calabasas, CA — 7/19/2002 –
More Screens (4)
Entertainment software developer and publisher NovaLogic, Inc. today announced plans to release an open multiplayer beta test for the eagerly awaited title Delta Force - Black Hawk Down. The beta test will be one multiplayer level and is scheduled for release at the beginning of August 2002.

“Multiplayer has always been one of the strongest facets of the Delta Force franchise,” commented John Garcia, CEO of NovaLogic Inc. “We see this open beta test as an opportunity to test and improve our multiplayer options while also getting the feedback of the people who count, the gamers.”

More information concerning the multiplayer beta test will be announced shortly.

Delta Force – Black Hawk Down will ship on PC CD - ROM during October 2002.

About NovaLogic
Founded in 1985, NovaLogic Inc. is a developer and global publisher of computer games for the PC, PlayStation® and PlayStation® 2 game consoles, NINTENDO GAMECUBE and Xbox™ video game system. Based in Calabasas, California, the company's European arm, NovaLogic Ltd., has its offices in London, UK. Key game franchises include Delta Force, Comanche and F-22 Lightning. For more information go to www.novalogic.com.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-07-19, 01:01 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
cool, so its free if your a beta tester? i mean they dont gotta pay for anything rigt?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-19, 02:58 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
open beta = demo. so basically since everyone who plays the demo is acting as a beta tester you still have to pay for the full version of the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-07-19, 03:19 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
ok thats what i thought, you get a free one level multiplayer to play on... this august right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-19, 03:23 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
It looks like a good game. I hope it doesn't lag the hell out of me like on America's Army.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-07-20, 12:22 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
Quote:
Originally posted by NonGayMan
It looks like a good game. I hope it doesn't lag the hell out of me like on America's Army.

dude its novalogic, i mean i have hardly ever noticed lag in any novalogic game server (i have almsot every novalogic game)

+ the games r so damn good (except armored fist 3 )

and guess what for these games you dont have to have gayspy or anythign like that, they have their own game page so u just clcik and join, and they have ranking/stat sytem for LW and up games like u get ranks like lt. col etc
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-07-20, 01:14 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight-Rider

dude its novalogic, i mean i have hardly ever noticed lag in any novalogic game server (i have almsot every novalogic game)

+ the games r so damn good (except armored fist 3 )

and guess what for these games you dont have to have gayspy or anythign like that, they have their own game page so u just clcik and join, and they have ranking/stat sytem for LW and up games like u get ranks like lt. col etc
uhm... if you actually get to know those things you're talking about you'll see the truth behind them

Delta force's netcode is TERRIBLE. almost everything is client side so hacking it is extremely easy. The browser is okay i guess, they've been working on it lately adding things like ping. This is the first game novalogic's put out an open beta for, they used to be against it for no apparent reason. There has yet to have been a dedicated server version of a Novalogic game, and you can only host 16 people in a public game. This is the most press a novalogic game has ever had. This is their one shot to take something that has potential and do it right, we'll see how they perform in the spotlight.

Last edited by mightychicken; 2002-07-20 at 01:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

mightychicken

Posted 2002-07-21, 11:46 AM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
Is it going to be based on the movie?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-07-26, 04:40 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
Quote:
Originally posted by NonGayMan
Is it going to be based on the movie?
no, the entire 18 month campaign.

interview with two army rangers and Novalogic PR director marcus beer on DF:BHD :

http://pc.ign.com/articles/365/365924p1.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

mightychicken

Posted 2002-08-01, 12:05 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
omg this is going to be such a sick ass game...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-08-04, 12:48 AM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
ok guys i just got the beta.... and played it!

too bad it completely sucks ass soo far... royally
after being spoiled with the truth to life realism of AA... and then playing this game its like a system shock, lets name a few things

Bad points.

The sounds are soo crappy.. in AA a gunshot was loud and menacing the sounds were great... in this game the sounds are weak like cap guns.

The characters run and walk like DUCKS!!!!!

The graphics are worse then AA's (altho better fps)

The weapons are held unrealisticly in the players hands.

Theres a bunch more stuff....

Now the good points of the game.

and ...............

oh the levels are big and the music is ok.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-08-04, 09:00 AM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
I think I might stick with AA and GR.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-08-04, 01:19 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
i was thinking of downloading it but not anymore, thx syg.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-08-04, 01:49 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
to the skeptics, first of all, this is a really really rough cut beta. The guns won't be in the middle from the first person view, if you saw the M203 or the OICW you know what i'm talking about. The beta doesn't have any physics of any kind, its just to test the engine and the netcode. You'll get a better idea of what the game will be like when the demo comes out at the end of this month, but for right now i'm having a blast with the choppers and whatnot
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

mightychicken

Posted 2002-08-04, 01:57 PM in reply to mightychicken's post "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down..."
I hope your right. Because I want to play to more realistic military FPS I can get.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy