Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Build of the week: Javazon
Posted 2005-04-06, 02:34 PM
So I am building a javazon for the first time after years of the bowzon thing. As I am going further into the game I realize I am going to be in a shitload of trouble with lightning immunes. What is a recommended second weapon to go to when lightning immunes are around? Thought about using a ballista, even though it is slow it has heavy damage and some cold damage as well. Opinions?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Princess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPrincess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2005-04-06, 02:42 PM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post "Build of the week: Javazon"
If your going to go the ballista way, you should try for a hellwrack then, there just a cheap I think and do more dmg. Of course, you could always go ahead and jab them for some serious melee dmg. Although most likely depending on your set up, you won't wont to be in there jabbing at a bunch of pit lords. So, ya.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-04-06, 03:26 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "If your going to go the ballista way,..."
Definitely don't want to jab with these guys - not sure I could survive close combat with a pack of lords or lightning immunes. I want to kill them from a distance. Buriza is faster than Hellrack but I may try both of them to see what works best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Princess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPrincess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2005-04-07, 10:00 AM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "Definitely don't want to jab with these..."
just get a ballista and stick a nef rune in it for the knockback and youll be good to go, unless you have enough stats to use a Wf then deffinetly do the wf thing and just make a hybrid
to my heart soul and the being in which i am i love you megan

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-07, 11:55 AM in reply to zygoat's post starting "just get a ballista and stick a nef..."
Well, it appears that I screwed this build up somewhere. Am now in Hell and damage from Lightning Strike is only about 1500. Am using Titans and T-Gods but am somewhat disappointed in damage.

Does anyone have a really good build for a PvM Javazon? Most of the ones I have read are for 09.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2005-04-07, 01:16 PM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "Well, it appears that I screwed this..."
What are all you wearing?
I have 4/5 light facet level. If you want to trade for like an soj or somthing. I dunno.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-04-07, 02:02 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "What are all you wearing? I have 4/5..."
Shaftstop
Perfect Titan
Stormshield w/ Lightning Facet
Raven Frost
Raven Spiral
T-Gods
Waterwalks
Vamp with 40 ED and 15 Max Damage
Highlords

Backup wep is Buriza
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2005-04-07, 02:26 PM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "Shaftstop Perfect Titan Stormshield..."
Would a +2 zon valor be better maybe?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-04-07, 02:36 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Would a +2 zon valor be better maybe?"
why r u using lightning strike wouldnt cs or fury be better?

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-07, 02:43 PM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "Well, it appears that I screwed this..."
Princess_Hibed said:
Well, it appears that I screwed this build up somewhere. Am now in Hell and damage from Lightning Strike is only about 1500. Am using Titans and T-Gods but am somewhat disappointed in damage.

Does anyone have a really good build for a PvM Javazon? Most of the ones I have read are for 09.
www.diabloII.net has some good builds for PvM and PvP characters, 1.10 and 1.09, i believe there is some other stuff in there too, haven't checked it all out yet though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Expired is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExpired is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Expired

Posted 2005-04-07, 02:50 PM in reply to Expired's post starting "www.diabloII.net has some good builds..."
My mistake, it was lightning fury.

Yeah, the armor is the weak link in the gear. Although Shaft has nice DR it really has no other great mods that could help a javazon. Don't have a Valor but I do have a Duress on another merc I might try.

If all else fails, I guess I can be "godly" in NM cow games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2005-04-07, 05:56 PM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "My mistake, it was lightning fury. ..."
Ya shaftstops were kinda in w/ the whole .08 dmg reduction craze. Seriously ever zealot, barb, and zon had soe, shaft, gaze, SS, and whatever else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-04-07, 06:30 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Ya shaftstops were kinda in w/ the..."
i remember those days ahhh good times, chamd shaft was the real shiznits...but anywho

princess do you play on uswest east nl l sc hc...i could prolly help you get a coh if i find a likeing to ya

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-07, 06:55 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "i remember those days ahhh good times,..."
This javazon is west/nl/sc. If you have something I would appreciate and would return the favor as best I could.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2005-04-07, 07:49 PM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "This javazon is west/nl/sc. If you..."
well see inorder for me to even meet you i would need an account name >_< PM me or just type it right hurr im on same everything so we could become great friends

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat

Posted 2005-04-07, 08:13 PM in reply to zygoat's post starting "i remember those days ahhh good times,..."
Whats your account, I thought you were gunna play east. I was just contemplating a CoH for my barb isntead of my Nigma cause I really dont teleport that much. Eh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-04-08, 05:51 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Whats your account, I thought you were..."
my account is zygot-bot and zygoat obviously the bot one is my bot account which im mostly on...uhhh i was gonna play east but like iono just got bored within seconds seeing as im like the poorest dude on east...didnt even have a cracked sash to my name :'(

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zygoat