Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Evil Grin Golem Explosion Necro
Posted 2004-11-01, 08:04 AM
You know, when i first played Diablo 2, Necro was always my favorite and still is. (They were strong in 1.09 too! I dont care what anyone says! Even summon necros owned!). Anyway, thing is, I figured I knew every necro build, until just yesterday. Now I was playing my assassin when a necro joined a game. Alright, it was pretty obvious what it was going to be, another one of those Enigma Bone, or Enigma Poison Nova / Dagger types. Considering he knew I was an assassin, I figured Nova over Dagger.

So there I was outside, a short distance from camp when I was hostiled and I see his red name approaching my direction. I cast BoS, Venom, and had dragon flight ready for one quick beatdown before he can pummel me with any curse or spells. He wore no Enigma, or atleast I thought he didn't since he didn't even teleport but was still rather hard as hell to kill. Maybe because he put every damn point other than strength into Vital.

So out he comes, lower resists me. (Obvious). Then summons a Fire golem right next to me. (Obvious). Not falling for a bone spam, I teleported and kicked him with flight. Thats when he summoned another golem next to me and repeated over and over until I was low health rather quickly. I mean, I can't even imagine a fire golem being so damn damaging. Seeing how I wasn't doing much damage to him, I figured I'd take a distance approach, maybe just kick then run and repeat. Yet upon my turning and run, he used that mace (forgot name) that has a frozen orb charge and launched it at me. Two *clink* noises from my dual claw blocks but the third hit nailed me and I was done.

Has ANYONE even heard of this build? I have never seen it before, and he told me he has been using it for PvM wise also. He lower resists monsters and constatly spams out fire golems until they die. Also, he says he works with his conviction pally to upgrade the total damage output. So anyone know this build? Because he must of had one seriously pumped up lower resist since I recall my assy's fire resist at 75 when I include gear and charms. (I know, I was stupid, I didn't use dwarf stars and crap since I didn't expect a damn necro to be doing tons of fire damage rapidly, let alone an Ice Orb if you try to run.)

SUMMARY: Lower Resist + Fire Golem Repeatedly Casted = WTF?
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"
"Im about to overload my aggression inhibitors"

"It says....push any key...er um, which one is the 'any' key?"

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost

Posted 2004-11-01, 08:25 AM in reply to StarcraftGhost's post "Golem Explosion Necro"
AKA golem bomb... a fun build, I had one in .09 (i've really done everything in this damned game lol) Though in .09 i used teeth to finish off not orb, the only problem i had was that i needed to hit with first golem (they cost about 180 mana each).

Heh, never thought i'd hear about one of those again
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GEEkZ

Posted 2004-11-01, 08:30 AM in reply to StarcraftGhost's post "Golem Explosion Necro"
Based on your lack of cannot be frozen mod I'm going to assume this was a relatively low-mid level duel (because a level 9 orb with no synergy doesnt do a heck of a lot damage wise even with a lower resist). It sounds like a varient of a golemmancer (Geekz pointed out the golem bomb which the name had escaped me prior to edit). He must have had to use it a few times on you as I've only gotten the splash damage to be about 1000 max and factoring in the pvp reduction that doesn't seem that effective as a primary weapon in .10 with no other side benefits like stun (if you keep recasting the golem itself wont do much). Apparently it was enough this time though.

The mace's name was Sureshrill. A neat, often overlooked toy with a freeze target mod and a cannot be frozen one as well.

I'm not sure what level duel this was but I'm hoping it wasnt too high as there's a reason there aren't many guides to those builds anymore. If it was a higher level though was he using a bunch of auras as well which would explain the lack of enigma and the high defense?

I don't say this often but I really wouldnt waste your time with this if you want a serious pvp build and I can't imagine you would be doing less damage to him as an MA assassin than his golem was to you but.....apparently it was.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2004-11-01, 08:46 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "Based on your lack of cannot be frozen..."
Yeah, your right, I wasn't too high, it was mid. Also I was lacking massive amounts of Vital. I did a sigons strength rush followed by dex, and relied on two angelic rings, Oak amulet and Ruby Socketed Sig Armor / Helm. Claws weren't too great either, It was two Superior Mechanic Claws socketed with P Gems along with bonus from Dragon Claw. Yeah yeah laugh =P she wasn't high enough for anything decent like jade, fire lizards (didn't have tucs on her). But I figured that if I killed a zon with those and then a sorc, I figured I wasn't in that bad of a shape in dueling. (Even if that necro had 10 levels on me ). Well your right anyway, I wasn't exactly dueling condition, but that still was a rather nice build. The last thing I expected a necro to do was spam golems as a main assault attack. Oddly enough I couldn't block any of it, unlike spirits so yeah, I died rather quickly.
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"
"Im about to overload my aggression inhibitors"

"It says....push any key...er um, which one is the 'any' key?"

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"

Last edited by StarcraftGhost; 2004-11-01 at 08:49 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost