Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Schwarzenegger open to debate legalizing pot
Posted 2009-05-06, 09:29 AM

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger says he is open to debate the legalization of marijuana for recreational use in California, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

His remarks come as a San Francisco lawmaker has introduced a bill to regulate marijuana like alcohol, with people over 21 years old allowed to grow, buy, sell and possess cannabis, the newspaper says.

An analysis by the State Board of Equalization says the proposal to impose a $50-an-ounce levy on sales of marijuana would boost state revenues by about $1.3 billion a year.

Schwarzenegger, in responding to a reporter's question, says it is not time to allow the state to regulate and tax pot, but adds, "I think it's time for debate. I think all of those ideas of creating extra revenues -- I'm always for an open debate on it."

In 1996, California voters legalized marijuana for medical use with permission from a physician, although this still violates federal law

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-06, 09:31 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Schwarzenegger open to debate..."
Awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-06, 09:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Awesome."
First thing I do when I am out of the Army is getting my pot card so I can smoke anywhere in Cali.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-06, 09:36 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "First thing I do when I am out of the..."
I love Arnie. He always gets a damn + in my book half the time he's on TV. Unless he's being persuaded to talk about GIRLY MEN. We'll see where this ends up going, I hope his office gets filled with ideas and the debate is kept at the front of the agenda.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-06, 09:48 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I love Arnie. He always gets a damn +..."
The money they would get from taxes would boost the economy in Cali. Not to mention lower crime rates. Jail/Prison crowding would lessen from the pot dealers they wouldn't have to put away.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-06, 09:50 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "The money they would get from taxes..."
The effects of legalization would be so drastic that were it to seriously happen somewhere, it would soon happen everywhere when everyone realizes how great of an effect it would have on the economy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-06, 10:06 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Schwarzenegger open to debate..."
That's all fine and dandy, except they can't tax it untill it's federally legal. Pretty much federal government gets a court order for the state's tax records, raids all the dealers that paid taxes. Of course if the state decriminalized, then one would assume that the senators and representatives from the state would push federal legalization.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-05-06, 10:56 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "That's all fine and dandy, except they..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
That's all fine and dandy, except they can't tax it untill it's federally legal. Pretty much federal government gets a court order for the state's tax records, raids all the dealers that paid taxes. Of course if the state decriminalized, then one would assume that the senators and representatives from the state would push federal legalization.
Like K_A said, if one state does it more will follow shortly after. Denver is almost the same way, apparently. It just needs to happen soon, and quickly. They could EMPTY the jails of all the nonviolent offenders, which would also seriously be a huge drastic change.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-06, 11:06 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Like K_A said, if one state does it..."
WetWired ruins wet dreams.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-06, 11:23 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "WetWired ruins wet dreams."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
WetWired ruins wet dreams.
I could totally picture him punching little kids just to see them cry.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-06, 11:27 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I could totally picture him punching..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I could totally picture him punching little kids just to see them cry.

The mental image amuses me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-05-06, 11:59 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "The mental image amuses me."
A computer punching kids... hm

Reminds me of something somebody said in a thread once, but I can't remember exactly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-05-06, 12:04 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "A computer punching kids... hm ..."
BORKED

I love MPP.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V